• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Minny

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchdown on this drive... I don't care about being up by 2 scores... I just want to see them put up 28 points. (should have been 35 or more) I don't want to peter out and try a FG... I want to see them stomp on the gas petal. Run it, throw it...just score a damn touchdown and put this one away. (and to Jeffery would really help my FF team)

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, I think that just keeping the ball until the end of the game would constitute progress.

If you can run a 4 minute offense while up by 8 and ice the game that imo would be just as good as just throwing up more points.

Of course as i post this they punt.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie Ice Fishing! NICE

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I'm not a fan of sack celebrations but that one makes me smile.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is up with the game clock being fubar today?

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad team with talent beats bad team.

Not getting excited.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win = less arguing and fighting in this chat for a week
damn smilies are disabled :(

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a win. Should string a second one together with this one next week. 5-6 heading into Thanksgiving. Man I hate the Lions, why would god ruin my Thanksgiving with a loss to them?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler played better today, but still its not good enough. That game should've been a blowout, not a one-score game.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler played better today, but still its not good enough. That game should've been a blowout, not a one-score game.

We were on a roll going into half time. I don't get the laid back approach with 1:02 left in the 1st. Thought that really hurt our confidence going into the second half.

I do like the game plan early though. We let Jay get into the the game early. Then gave them some Forte.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold your horses

Philly is sucking balls. So maybe this is just a lopsided year, some games with some teams are just outta reach. Like somebody said, those blowouts are likely Super Bowl teams.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a win. Should string a second one together with this one next week. 5-6 heading into Thanksgiving. Man I hate the Lions, why would god ruin my Thanksgiving with a loss to them?

Lol… If we beat TB next week, and DET loses in NE. We're two back of DET for a potential WC, with two games left scheduled against them.

This is not logical, but it's how I justify caring the next few weeks. It gets me through the year.

Plus, I absolutely LOVE when the Bears play on Thanksgiving. I'd like to at least give myself some false hope.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were on a roll going into half time. I don't get the laid back approach with 1:02 left in the 1st. Thought that really hurt our confidence going into the second half.

I do like the game plan early though. We let Jay get into the the game early. Then gave them some Forte.

That was terrible. I don't like that it looked like we didn't HAVE a two-minute offense/plan.

It's pretty simple, we are 3-6, were rolling on O, like you stated....In my mind, the first down play was perfect....safe play there deep in our own territory. The standard thought process is either, yer going for points, or yer taking a knee...not some half-witted jackassery in between!? You pick up 8 yards on first down....get up there and get the O going....if you are not going to manage the clock and hustle up and do something, then ya shoulda just taken a fucking knee!? Why risk injury, if yer then just going to twiddle yer fucking thumbs!?

It's the subtle nuances of the game, such as just described, that has irked me all fucking season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The general idea there, is your decision would be predicated on the success or failure of the first down play. If Minnesota stuffs in the backfield there on first down, ya let the clock run out. If you pick up 8 yards, ya get get yer dumbasses up to the line and take advantage of the down and distance.

Shit is pop warner, man.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was terrible. I don't like that it looked like we didn't HAVE a two-minute offense/plan.

It's pretty simple, we are 3-6, were rolling on O, like you stated....In my mind, the first down play was perfect....safe play there deep in our own territory. The standard thought process is either, yer going for points, or yer taking a knee...not some half-witted jackassery in between!? You pick up 8 yards on first down....get up there and get the O going....if you are not going to manage the clock and hustle up and do something, then ya shoulda taken a fucking knee!? Why risk injury, if yer then just going to twiddle yer fucking thumbs!?

It's the subtle nuances of the game, such as just described, that has irked me all fucking season.

I just don't get why you run the clock all the way down from 1:06 to 0:20 with two run plays in which you huddled in between... AND THEN decide to take a shot deep. Just piss poor game management right there.

It was very strange. If you want to run it and go into half, fine. I'm not for it, but fair enough. But to run the clock down like that and all of the sudden have a change of heart when it's basically too late… still scratching my head.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey... HEY HEY HEY... The Bears were competitive today, totally nice to see after the last two games. I'll take it.

BearsFanInMN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why you run the clock all the way down from 1:06 to 0:20 with two run plays in which you huddled in between... AND THEN decide to take a shot deep. Just piss poor game management right there.

It was very strange. If you want to run it and go into half, fine. I'm not for it, but fair enough. But to run the clock down like that and all of the sudden have a change of heart when it's basically too late… still scratching my head.

Glad I wasn't the only one wondering what the hell we were doing after taking what I thought was a nice and aggressive time out. Not the first time this has happened, so I do have my doubts about Trestman understanding what a two minute drill is.