• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears trade Roquan to Ravens

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions say hi
FTR I meant just historical Bears lb crews and not the whole league. I couldn’t think of a talentless one offhand.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just heard about this when I came on the forum, just now!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking (I do that every once in a blue moon), with our two leaders on the defense gone, who steps up as the new leader on the D? Everybody on the defense - hell on the whole team - looked up to Smith and Quinn as leaders. Someone has to step in and help fill the void. But who? If we go by seniority, it would have to be Eddie Jackson. Maybe instead it should be Jaylon Johnson, who is arguably now the best all around player on our D. Or maybe the rook who has been ballin' pretty much all season, Jaquan Brisker. Any other suggestions?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the sudden everyone cares about picks! Whichever way the wind blows the idiots lean.

Tank the season and go for higher picks = bad
Trade away our good players to essentially tank the season = good

Ahhh. Brilliant!

It's shocking how dumb you guys are.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My herpes is back.

If you would have told me in the offseason Roquan was being traded I would have been pissed. Based on his performance this season and the director the defense as a whole.....I will gladly take those pics. Poles is playing the long game. Hard to get mad at that.

YEAH. Because trading Roquan is the reason why we won't finish top 10 in sacks. Get a clue really old dumb guy.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandborn and Wetherford... Time to step up.

Obvious, signing him at his Ego value was out of the question. So a second, a fifth and and the LB AJ Cline. Solid vet for the balance of the year. I like it. 6 picks in the top 4 rounds... nice.
I like Sandborn, even though it was preseason, he was where he was supposed to be. He has a mean streak where his face turns red. I think they have something there. I guess we will see since we got a linebacker in return, I guess we are paying Roquan and paying this new guy too for the 500K that the Ravens need to pay.

Thats alot different to me than having a psych patient serial killer in that position. He asked for it, he got it. This would have been a mess under the franchise tag next year. Only bad part is he got to go to another team with a history of great defense.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because trading Roquan is the reason why we won't finish top 10 in sacks.

Curious if you could point out where I said that? Thanks.
Get a clue really old dumb guy.

I would have thought that time you spent away getting electric shock therapy for your chronic masturbation illness would have lessened your anger.

Sad.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the sudden everyone cares about picks! Whichever way the wind blows the idiots lean.

Tank the season and go for higher picks = bad
Trade away our good players to essentially tank the season = good

Ahhh. Brilliant!

It's shocking how dumb you guys are.

Nobody is happy we're trading away good players. We're all in a silent understanding that if Poles is a terrible player evaluator we are royally f*cked.

If anything, most are taking a bright side approach that:

1. Negotiations with Roquan were going nowhere
2. It's obvious after 7 games we aren't even a playoff team-which is a very low bar considering the NFC today
3. Franchise tagging Roquan for next season would have inevitably left us in some dumbass media situation with him
4. It's better to get something now (2 draft picks and another player) rather than nothing later.

To compare this situation to asking players and coaches to intentionally tank games is blatant trolling stupidity...In other words, welcome back I guess.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hear mumblings that the Ravens may have paid those picks and might not re-sign Roquan as they're cash strapped and have to pay their QB...Basically a half year/playoff rental. That would be insane at its face unless they win the Super Bowl.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hear mumblings that the Ravens may have paid those picks and might not re-sign Roquan as they're cash strapped and have to pay their QB...Basically a half year/playoff rental. That would be insane at its face unless they win the Super Bowl.
Which is exactly why I said the Bears might just sign him back onto the team in the off season, when he comes knocking when other teams do not offer him what he wants either.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if you could point out where I said that? Thanks.
Was i giving you too much credit again Mr "Bears will be top 10 sacks". Run Forest, run!

I would have thought that time you spent away getting electric shock therapy for your chronic masturbation illness would have lessened your anger.
yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Take some creative writing courses old fart.

Someone still doesn't know the difference between a rebuild and actual tanking.
Both require draft picks, even though of course draft picks don't guarantee you superbowls so they don't matter....ergggg

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was i giving you too much credit again Mr "Bears will be top 10 sacks".
So, making shit up in your head... I expect nothing less from you.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep up the lies. It'll help you in an argument.
Well obviously I'm kidding there, Mr. Sensitive. Want a tissue? What is no joke tho is how much you defended him, even tho the entire football world knew and still knows he blows. BTW, how's your boy doing this season (snicker snicker)