• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears sign Goldman to a 4 year extension

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good and necessary move by them, Goldman's a beast. But I'm still a bit dismayed that we have no true backup for him on the roster after we cut the experienced John Jenkins, who I thought played decently in the preseason. We do have UDFA Abdullah Anderson on the practice squad. Let's hope he's not needed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cost more then I expected. Wondering if his price went up after seeing what Mack got. He should be even better now with all the other players offenses will have to watch for. Both Goldman and Hicks should have monster years.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cost more then I expected. Wondering if his price went up after seeing what Mack got. He should be even better now with all the other players offenses will have to watch for. Both Goldman and Hicks should have monster years.

Bears D should be damn good.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great extension. Goldman might not be the best nose tackle in the game but he's a very important piece of this team, and will be especially important in keeping blockers off Roquon.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean Amos is gone?
Fair question. Something tells me that despite his solid play last year, the Bears are still in a wait-n-see mode as a long term investment. If he continues where he left off last year, I think we'll see the FO reach out and attempt to extend his contract.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean Amos is gone?
I think Fangio recognizes the importance of a very good nose tackle over a safety for his scheme. Why wouldn't they want to extend Amos, but they may see him as ultimately expendable for more important players coming down the pike the next couple of years, like Floyd and maybe re-signing Trevathan.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair question. Something tells me that despite his solid play last year, the Bears are still in a wait-n-see mode as a long term investment. If he continues where he left off last year, I think we'll see the FO reach out and attempt to extend his contract.

Solid? He was possibly the best safety in football and that's not hyperbole.

One outlying year? Maybe, but he was a monster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fantastic, actually. Just like the Leno deal. Get an extension done before the young player reaches his ceiling and breaks out.

The only thing separating Goldman and "stud" status is health. If he takes care of that this year - we will have gotten a bargain.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid? He was possibly the best safety in football and that's not hyperbole.

One outlying year? Maybe, but he was a monster.
I wasn't denying the quality of his play at all. But if the Bears were already convinced he is their SS for the next X number of years, they would have tendered him an extended contract by now. I'll still go with the opinion that they want to see him show that same talent this year or at least the first 5-6 games before offering him a long term deal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't denying the quality of his play at all. But if the Bears were already convinced he is their SS for the next X number of years, they would have tendered him an extended contract by now. I'll still go with the opinion that they want to see him show that same talent this year or at least the first 5-6 games before offering him a long term deal.

Goldman and his representation may have simply been applying a little more pressure.

I think Amos is next in line. I am not by any means worried. I do wish we could lock him up before players on this D become more publicized as we start competing. The average fan couldn't name more than 1-2 players on our defense, yet there's probably 9-10 legitimate or potential studs.

Jackson, Amos... etc... These guys are going to be names soon.