• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Next Year

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears showed who they really are tonight. Limited offense with substandard quarterback, and poor field goal kicker. Next year they play a first place schedule, no first round pick, and they won’t average 3 first downs a game on third down penalties. They also won’t get so many lucky bounces like they got this year. Next season they will be 8-8 if they are lucky and no playoffs for them. Thankful they took Trubiski instead of Mahomes.

not too bad ..... yuo will catch some, for sure.

I'd give you a solid 7/10

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible, I don't remember how they did match ups prior years.

I was just looking at the 2001 schedules. The Bears had 3 different matchups than the Pack and Vikings. I wiki'd it and it changed a couple of times between 95-01 due to the additions being made to the league. Then the formula has stuck since the alignment in 02.

99-01 was particularly weird because not all divisions had the same amount of teams. They couldn't use the same metrics/rubrics for every team. It was rather chaotic. These were the two main ones prior.

NFL regular season - Wikipedia

1995–1998 NFL scheduling formula[edit]
When the divisions were balanced between 1995 and 1998, each team would play a home and away series against their divisional rivals (8 games), two teams from each of the other divisions within the conference (two having finished the same place, and two others determined by where they placed in the standings), and four teams from a division in the other conference by the aforementioned rotary basis (where the team placed in the standings determines which team in the interconference division they will not play, and that team would have the "polar opposite" place (i.e.: 1st is the polar opposite of 5th) in their division).[citation needed] An example of which can be seen to the right.

1978–1994 NFL scheduling formula[edit]
The scheduling formula before 1995 was very similar, except in a modified format to fit not having fully balanced divisions. During these years, teams in five-team divisions who did not finish last would not normally face a 5th place team outside their division, whether or not those teams were intraconference. There was a special so-called "last place" or "fifth-place" schedule for teams who finished in last place in a five-team division. In addition to their division games, a team who finished in last place in the previous season would also primarily play the other teams who finished in last place in their respective divisions (the intraconference one would be played twice to fill a void otherwise taken by a third team that finished the same place), plus all the clubs in the four team division in their conference. An example of this is also shown to the right. The teams in a four-team division played only six divisional games, as opposed to the eight that teams in five-team divisions had played. This void would be filled by having to play against the 5th place teams in their conference in addition to their regular scheduling, hence tying to the "fifth-place" schedule.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see

I think the fact it was now deemed a block might change their mind

That ball's trajectory never changed. It's obvious that the guy grazed it. However, you can at the slow-mo zoom in shots. The ball never budges from it's path.

He got the tip of it while it was turning end-over-end and it didn't even stop turning for a millisecond. It continued right over the hand end-over-end as if nothing happened. Parkey just hooked it.

Even if he sneaks it in... the whole year has been a catastrophe with him man. He cost us a game in Miami with an OT miss. He missed 11 FG's and a good chunk of PAT's. He likely should have been canned weeks earlier after the Detroit fiasco where he hit 4 kicks off the post. He missed a FG and PAT in the final two weeks as well.

It was damn near EVERY game that he cost the team points.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ball's trajectory never changed. It's obvious that the guy grazed it. However, you can at the slow-mo zoom in shots. The ball never budges from it's path.

He got the tip of it while it was turning end-over-end and it didn't even stop turning for a millisecond. It continued right over the hand end-over-end as if nothing happened. Parkey just hooked it.

Even if he sneaks it in... the whole year has been a catastrophe with him man. He cost us a game in Miami with an OT miss. He missed 11 FG's and a good chunk of PAT's. He likely should have been canned weeks earlier after the Detroit fiasco where he hit 4 kicks off the post. He missed a FG and PAT in the final two weeks as well.

It was damn near EVERY game that he cost the team points.

Chris Kluwe agrees with you, block or no, it never had a chance. Said his plant foot was too close to the ball

I think he should be cut, but we'll see

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio to the broncos. This is a loss for Chicago

Fangio was the 9ers DC back when people thought Harbaugh was a good coach and it was 9ers defense largely leading way

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see

I think the fact it was now deemed a block might change their mind
Blocks usually result from a poorly struck kick. Especially from chip shot length like that. I wonder if that was the case

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocks usually result from a poorly struck kick. Especially from chip shot length like that. I wonder if that was the case

Particularly tipped/blocked blocks, that are ostensibly at the line of scrimmage. It was too low, without a doubt.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and OP like dicks in and/or around his mouth.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big advantage for Chicago. Tampa and the Giants suck, New Orleans and Philly don't.

The Bears beat 3 winning teams in a total of 4 games this season, including 2 playoff teams the Vikings both lost to: The Rams (one of the best teams all season long), the Seawhawks, and the Vikings 2x over (we were barely a winning team at 8-7-1, and had they lost their 2nd game to us, they'd have beaten 3 playoff teams by letting us sneak in). The Vikes only beat 1 winning team, the Eagles with an extremely rust Carson Wentz under center.

Look, don't get me wrong, I'm Vikes through and through, but Chicago was hands down the better team this season. Like I said, had their kicker not gone full Blair Walsh mode, they'd have been in the divisional round against a Rams team that they had proven they could beat in a regular season showdown a few weeks back. I'm not saying they'd have won that game, just that they were a lot closer to an NFC Championship shot than people are giving them credit for.