• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears lose 2 in a row- board dies???

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to this board? Where is everyone?
Questions:
Jay Cutler- How much of an asshat is he? How much has his 12 TD's and the teams only rushing TD helped? would the Bears have won 2 games without him?

Is this defense bad? Is it Mel Tucker or Injuries? Pick one- defend your answer...If you say it's both, you're copping out. Hint: it's both- LOL.

Matt Ryan- How has his 6 interceptions hurt his team? With similar stats to Cutler- why is he given a pass?
Teams both 2-3, both have bad D's, 11 td's 6 picks., both have 130 completions. Mattie Ice is still a "player" some wouldn't piss on Cutler if he was on fire from one of his meme cigarettes.

Anyone want to comment on Drew Brees' team and his 9 td's vs 6 picks... and 2-3 record.

It's all entertainment folks!
Oh and if you have seen the movie Gone Girl...yeow. That was freakin crazy!
Watching Edge of Tomorrow on blu ray tonight- I'm sure Wounded Bear would like to know I'm a Tom Cruise fan- considering how much he says things like: "butt hurt" < that's a gay reference- Wounded thinks I'm gay...cause you know I don't know futball. Wait- it's football, right?

This sundays game is going to be a ruff one- but we also thought that before the 49ers game.
:lame:
:suds:
Go Bears!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can blame me if you want. I think the Bears is the only team I have not picked the correct winner at all. I have picked the Bears to win every time they lost and picked them to lose when they have won.

I do have Atlanta winning 34-27.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board died because everybody ran out of insults to throw at each other. We need a fresh snowfall to make more snowballs, lol.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board died because everybody ran out of insults to throw at each other. We need a fresh snowfall to make more snowballs, lol.

ha...welcome to the internet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler- How much of an asshat is he? How much has his 12 TD's and the teams only rushing TD helped? would the Bears have won 2 games without him?

I'm a huge fan of Jay, and most here know this. But I can't give him a pass anymore. He's made some great throws this season, as usual. Played great games vs SF and NY. But it's tough for me to continue to believe that something will change. He is what he is, a good NFL QB who is capable of winning, but only if he has the proper pieces around him in every phase. He'll win you some games, and he'll throw some away.

Would the Bears have won two games without him? Well… impossible question to answer. Who's playing QB? Jimmy Clausen? Then, no. But that isn't exactly an endorsement of his play, saying that he's better than Jimmy Clausen.

Is this defense bad?

Nah… they're in a transitional period. Right now, they're pretty pedestrian. But they have held up with their backs against the wall a few times. And they've made some plays too. Hardly a bad defense, but certainly underwhelming at the moment. A lot of new pieces though, barring further health issues. I believe they will come together as a unit, and progress as the season goes along. They're a good draft away from really having something, IMO.

Is it Mel Tucker or Injuries? Pick one- defend your answer...If you say it's both, you're copping out. Hint: it's both- LOL.

I don't dislike Tucker. He's been dealt a pretty crappy hand here, and the guys seem to buy into what he's preaching. It's still unclear how good this defense is, or isn't… for that matter.

Matt Ryan- How has his 6 interceptions hurt his team? With similar stats to Cutler- why is he given a pass?
Teams both 2-3, both have bad D's, 11 td's 6 picks., both have 130 completions. Mattie Ice is still a "player" some wouldn't piss on Cutler if he was on fire from one of his meme cigarettes.

It's pretty darn simple. 4 of Cutler's 6 INT's could have very easily made the difference in three losses. Cutler made mistakes on crucial drives. In close games, and in games they have led. Ryan has not.

Anyone want to comment on Drew Brees' team and his 9 td's vs 6 picks... and 2-3 record.

The Saints have bigger problems than Drew Brees. All there really is to say.

Watching Edge of Tomorrow on blu ray tonight- I'm sure Wounded Bear would like to know I'm a Tom Cruise fan- considering how much he says things like: "butt hurt" < that's a gay reference- Wounded thinks I'm gay...cause you know I don't know futball. Wait- it's football, right?

Yeah, I want to see Gone Girl. I've heard good things.

This sundays game is going to be a ruff one- but we also thought that before the 49ers game.

I really don't think this game is very similar in expectation to the SF game. On NFL live, both Bruschi and Schlereth picked the Bears to win.

I'm personally picking Atlanta, but only because all I have seen recently is inconsistency, and this team finding ways to lose. If they can put together a full game, and avoid killing themselves. I think they win.

Regardless, I think most are expecting a high scoring and close game. I am desperate as all hell for a win. In any fashion it can come. But man… it would be nice if they didn't make it so freaking stressful in the process. This team hasn't had a convincing win since 2012… The closest thing would be Week 3 vs PIT last year, but even that, they made a freaking mess out of and almost blew in the second half.

But yes… Go Bears, indeed.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you dont mind me borrowing your post

The question is, would a quarterback that had the same ratio of TD to INT say 5 TD to 0 interceptions win more games that a QB that threw 6 picks that turned into points. Really, the int to Marshall with a linebackers head where the ball should be going in Marshalls chest is clearly a throw that should not be made. Anyway, pretty sure we would have more rushing TD's with Clausen since the play would not be called to go shotgun and pass from the 1.

Is this defense bad?

I dont think this defensive scheme makes sense anymore. Cover 2 looks like prevent defense to me, we all know that rarely works out. It does not work without the elite MLB.

Is it Mel Tucker or Injuries? Pick one- defend your answer...If you say it's both, you're copping out. Hint: it's both- LOL.

Tucker has never had a good defense. Jacksonville he got passes because of lack of talent, now he gets passes because of injuries. Maybe eventually he figures it out, but honestly, he will figure out the cover 2 that teams clearly know how to beat if you do not have an elite middle linebacker. We should gice Emery an A for fuller, ego and sutton choices, even young, but the big defensive signings are busts. I have seen Allen on the decline for the past two years. Houston was always a disappointment.

This is the easiest one. Matt Ryan is not a douche.

Not really, I am still pissed the bears did not make a bigger effort to get Brees when he was available. Cutler would have never been here. But I also understand the Dome has been a huge difference in Brees career.

I dont understand butt hurt as a gay reference, I thought you guys enjoyed everything concerning the ass. I figure hurt is only if you cant get the gerbil or beer bottle out. :lol:

Hester is gonna burn us, special teams is gonna be the edge in this game. Ryan and Cutler can go throw for throw, int for int, special teams will give them an edge. Hester will show what we did not utilize him for on offense because Trestman is a nut hugger too and Cutler didnt want Hester on offense. I will not be at all surprised it Hester ends up with 3 TD's, we have practice squad guys out on nickel, maybe back to Vereen.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jay Cutler isn't elite, but he isn't bottom tier either, he is what he is, a decent QB in this league. Would the Bears have won 2 games without him, yes and no, I suppose that depends on who you replace him with. Aaron Rodgers, maybe, Bob Avallini or Vince Evens, no.

Is this defense bad?

The D line has not panned out. Between Houston being a bust, Allen playing sick, then being sick and losing all that weight, yea that's a problem. Then toss in Ratliff's concussion and missing 3 games, it has been a problem. It all starts up front. Second, Tucker is playing a Plain Jane D, with mediocre players, we get to see the opposite on Sunday, an all involved intricate D played with mediocre to bad players, you get to be the judge come Sunday, but I for warn you, Atlanta's D is real bad, so you get to see the opposite or what the Bears could be if Tucker ran an intricate system.

It is what I just stated above, it really won't matter if Mel played a different D, if you have mediocre players, your D is going to be mediocre, I don't care what system you run. Of course getting back to your first question, look at the Rams and Houston, you could have the best Defenses in the league, but if you don't have a decent (not elite) QB you're pretty much screwed.

Matt Ryan meet bad O line. The difference is that Matt has had decent seasons stats wise in the past, Jay has always suffered with some sever issues, a host of O coordinators, some down right BAD O coordinators, bad O lines, bad HC's, bad skill players. Jay now has some solid coaches, targets, but now his O line has fallen apart. Seems like Jay can't catch a break. I fully believe, if Forte doesn't fumble we win the Carolina game, but hey that's me, Jay gets the blame.

Not as easy, playing QB or finding a great QB As it sounds.

I have zero clue how this one will turn out. I'm not thinking to favorably on our Bears right now. We again face issues with both lines and that 's where it all starts. If you can't get pressure or stop pressure its game over, and right now we are doing neither well. We let back up DE's beat us last week, could you imagine if Charlotte had Hardy and their other DE? Can you say 10 sack day? Losing Bushrod is not off set by getting Slauson and Roberto back. I know Atlanta is bad on D, but so was Charlotte. Matty could carve us up real badly if we don't get pressure.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, he ain't that bad. At least now you never have to wonder what it's like to discuss football with a 8 year old......

Aube signed up?

NM, thats the football with a bi-polar manic depressive medium channeling Al Davis.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Butt-hurt" is a gay reference? Hmmm.

It's good to know that you are not only ignorant about all things football, but ignorant about common terminology used in everyday speak. "Butt-hurt" = gay.? Please shut the fuck up, you're embarrassing yourself.

But I'm glad you posted this because it not only proves that you are indeed "butt-hurt," but a troll as well.....

Thanks Rich.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aube signed up?

NM, thats the football with a bi-polar manic depressive medium channeling Al Davis.

I say this with all seriousness, comparing Aube to Richig and Joey is an insult to Aube. Aube may be very emotional and passionate (and tends to over-react) about what he speaks, but he does have a modicum of knowledge when it comes to the basics of the game of football.

Joey and Rich, I'm willing to guess, are just a couple of teenagers slapping their hands on the keyboard, trolling the internets before mommy and daddy get home.

Don't get me wrong, they're great at trolling......

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another douchebag thread posted by a rookie.

Come on Cali- it's no fun when you don't at least play along... what's with all the hostility? And if you proposed some more threads, I could comment back at your genius/or lack of- depending on what you say. (cause this type of comment isn't genius- or need.)

Just because I don't agree with you on some aspects of Chicago Bears football doesn't mean I don't respect you as a fan. You have some good things to say, other then douchebag... Let's talk football man. Where is your proof that I'm a douchebag rookie? My defense of Cutler? oohhh must mean I'm a douchebag.

You wanted me to write up a full blown scouting report on training camp- and you couldn't come to grips that the logistics of that just wasn't possible.
I don't have the money to get the All-22 view or pay for the subscription services of PPF. I would love to.

I would also like to be able to post pictures of screen shots of game film to show you some things. I would also like to have the play calls/playbook so I knew what was SUPPOSED to happen instead of what did happen on a particular play. (something an average fan doesn't seem to want to know- they only comment on what they think they see- such as "he threw it into double coverage!!!")

You want to talk about Cover 2, Cover 4, Cover Zero with a backside zone scheme.
Protection responsibilities?
How about some route combinations- and who the QB is actually reading? Would love to have a white board to draw some of this stuff up for you. But alas I can't do that on here... wish I could.

It's all opinion. This thread was more for people to have something to talk about- get the board back flowing. That's all. And if you haven't noticed yet..I haven't called you a douchebag.

I'm excited for the return of the Walking Dead... do you watch that show? I love that show. It's the questions that it poses.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say this with all seriousness, comparing Aube to Richig and Joey is an insult to Aube. Aube may be very emotional and passionate (and tends to over-react) about what he speaks, but he does have a modicum of knowledge when it comes to the basics of the game of football.

Joey and Rich, I'm willing to guess, are just a couple of teenagers slapping their hands on the keyboard, trolling the internets before mommy and daddy get home.

Don't get me wrong, they're great at trolling......

What is your definition of troll? Please let me know. Cause all we seem to see from you is insults and double-talk. Where is your Chicago Bears themed post? Where have you posed a question to the board about the Bears? It seems all you do is comment back and call people names and have grand ideas of who some people are. Let's talk football...lose the insults it doesn't work for you.
Dude, if you want to discuss football let's do that. Mkay?

(this is probably where WB spouts about how he can do anything he wants and if I don't like his insults I can just shove it- and I shouldn't be so butt-hurt about what says... refusing to actually answer questions, providing any real insight to Chicago Bears football or his actual opinion without an insult sprinkled in)

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your definition of troll? Please let me know. Cause all we seem to see from you is insults and double-talk. Where is your Chicago Bears themed post? Where have you posed a question to the board about the Bears? It seems all you do is comment back and call people names and have grand ideas of who some people are. Let's talk football...lose the insults it doesn't work for you.
Dude, if you want to discuss football let's do that. Mkay?

(this is probably where WB spouts about how he can do anything he wants and if I don't like his insults I can just shove it- and I shouldn't be so butt-hurt about what says... refusing to actually answer questions, providing any real insight to Chicago Bears football or his actual opinion without an insult sprinkled in)

Trollin' trollin' trollin'...Rawhide!!!

And then this dipshit has the audacity to blame the lack of activity on this board to the two in a row Bear losses.

People don't post here anymore because we have to argue with people like yourself and Rich who know very little about the game....You need proof of how you are a "rookie douchebag?" Just read your own posts!

Now run along, Skippy, so the grown-ups can discuss the game in an intelligent fashion.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hockey season too.

That kills a bunch of my bulletin board posting. Too busy watching a winning team in the winter. Sadly, not talking about the bears.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Watch hockey or argue football with a couple of dudes who nothing about football and think Jay Cutler is infallible?

It's a no-brainer.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hockey season too.

That kills a bunch of my bulletin board posting. Too busy watching a winning team in the winter. Sadly, not talking about the bears.

only a couple of us post on the hawks board if you get a chance.