• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS STANDINGS 10/13/12

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm not sure if this has been covered, but it's a fucking crime that WVU is ranked above Texas Tech.

I could understand if it were a close game, but they got the dog shit kicked out of them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty?

Let's have a list.

I think an argument can be made against any team not ranked.

Edit: Referring to OD post #40

Last edited by a moderator:

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love the bitching..lol.

Are you guys actually retarded, or are you just pretending?

If Oregon wins the rest of their games, they will be in the National Championship. Whatever "talking heads" that said we're headed for a SEC NC again, must also be predicting a loss for Oregon, Notre Dame, Oregon st., and whoever the hell is undefeated near the top.

I know you idiots are thinking about last years championship game, but the only reason that happened is because everyone else(Oregon, OKie st.) lost after we did or on the same day.
Oregon controls their own destiny because they are #3 behind UF, and UF must play Bama/LSU in the SECCG, providing they make it. If Oregon wins their games, they will jump to #2 after the SECCG.

If Oregon happens to lose a game to an inferior opponent, and so does Notre Dame, and Oregon st...etc.. Then there shouldn't be any bitching if an SEC team find themselves at #1 and #2.

Oregon controls their own destiny, if they lose, then K-state controls their own destiny, if they lose, then Notre Dame controls their owns destiny, same as last season. You guys better hope for all those teams to not fuck up. I know if they do, there will be another few months of bitching and moaning about SEC bias..lol

Does not matter. The rematch should not have happened.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm not sure if this has been covered, but it's a fucking crime that WVU is ranked above Texas Tech.

I could understand if it were a close game, but they got the dog shit kicked out of them.

Agreed.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't Florida State and Clemson ranked in all of the computers? They both appear only once in different computer rankings?
NCAA College Football BCS Standings Week 8 - ESPN

The computers hate the ACC?

To be fair, neither team has played anyone noteworthy except the other team. Auburn shit the bed and the remainder of our early season schedule was pretty weak, especially since GT is middling at best, VT might win 9 games this year, and we don't play anyone on our schedule that would be favored (at this point in time) over us until SCar comes to town.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not matter. The rematch should not have happened.

Actually it does matter, and the best team won the national championship last year.

I can't wait for the playoffs to get here though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, neither team has played anyone noteworthy except the other team. Auburn shit the bed and the remainder of our early season schedule was pretty weak, especially since GT is middling at best, VT might win 9 games this year, and we don't play anyone on our schedule that would be favored (at this point in time) over us until SCar comes to town.

I can't see that..

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem I have is that people say "just keep winning." Yeah well why does Team SEC get a mulligan? They don't have to just keep winning b

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Mississippi State's "body of work" to boost them into the 12 spot

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem I have is that people say "just keep winning." Yeah well why does Team SEC get a mulligan? They don't have to just keep winning b

Because there was only one team that "just kept winning" last year and that was LSU. All others lost a game. Seeing as Alabama lost to the only undeafted team, they got the mulligan. The BCS's was designed to put the 2 best teams against each other, regardless if they've already played or not.

Do I agree with what happened? Hell no. I think it was shit, but the BCS did what it was suppose to and put the 2 best teams against each other. That's why I didn't watch the game last year.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there was only one team that "just kept winning" last year and that was LSU. All others lost a game. Seeing as Alabama lost to the only undeafted team, they got the mulligan. The BCS's was designed to put the 2 best teams against each other, regardless if they've already played or not.

Do I agree with what happened? Hell no. I think it was shit, but the BCS did what it was suppose to and put the 2 best teams against each other. That's why I didn't watch the game last year.

Neither did I. I've always been curious of how much smaller the ratings were because I know a ton of people who made it a point not to watch.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did I. I've always been curious of how much smaller the ratings were because I know a ton of people who made it a point not to watch.

Yep, and I bet more than 80% of the people that bitched about the game watched it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm rooting for the same thing to happen this year if it involves the PAC or B1G. Those 2 conferences refused to join any alliances in the 90's that would automatically pit #1 vs #2 in order to keep the PAC vs Big 10 Rose bowl match up solely for their conference champs.
Instead of undefeateds Penn St/Nebraska playing in 94' fans got #2 Penn St vs #12 (3 loss) Oregon in the Rose and #1 Nebraska vs #3 Miami in the Orange. Both teams won, but NU was voted #1 in the AP & Coaches. #2 Penn St had rings made to annoint themselves champs.
In 97' Michigan and Nebraska were both undefeated and #1 Michigan played #8 Washington St in the Rose and #2 Nebraska played #3 Tennessee in the Orange. They both won and Michigan was voted #1 AP and Nebraska #1 Coaches. CFB fans were robbed both years because of the PAC and Big 10's refusal to join the alliance and keep the Rose for it's champs. You want to hide in the Rose? Keep the Rose.

Last edited by a moderator:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't involve the Big 10 I can tell you that.