• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball Gods still getting their revenge on the Pistons...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...For the brawl.:clap:

Zero Playoff appearances since 2009 and it looks as if that trend is going to continue for a little while longer.

I still believe Mr. $tern was holding a personal vendetta against us when he handed out those suspensions, and I won't let go of that opinion as long as I live. The NBA was still going through Jordan withdrawal at the time and would do anything to rake in the cash. And the Pacers just weren't marketable at a time when Reggie was well past his prime.

I was 16 then. I'm 27 now. And my opinion still hasn't changed. Not many were as dialed in on that situation as I was.

If as a fan you're looking for the turning point of when the league pussified itself to the point of no return, look no further than that Friday night in November 2004...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not as a Heat fan, but one has to feel sorry for Stan Van Gundy. A good coach that just never had the ideal support from his upper management wherever he's been.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$tern couldn't honestly say with a straight face that the Pacers were the problem in that situation. Just gotta ask yourself which side was famous for its bad boy culture.:doh:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zero Playoff appearances since 2009 and it looks as if that trend is going to continue for a little while longer.

I still believe Mr. $tern was holding a personal vendetta against us when he handed out those suspensions, and I won't let go of that opinion as long as I live. The NBA was still going through Jordan withdrawal at the time and would do anything to rake in the cash. And the Pacers just weren't marketable at a time when Reggie was well past his prime.

I was 16 then. I'm 27 now. And my opinion still hasn't changed. Not many were as dialed in on that situation as I was.

If as a fan you're looking for the turning point of when the league pussified itself to the point of no return, look no further than that Friday night in November 2004...

Get back to me when your team losses 4 1st round picks (originally 5)... essentially killing any chance to ever rebuild, much less remain competitive. :pissed:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when your team losses 4 1st round picks (originally 5)... essentially killing any chance to ever rebuild, much less remain competitive. :pissed:

Haha, that Joe Smith ordeal was great. I'm of the firm belief that the social media generation does nothing more than make stupid human beings look stupider. But man, if Minnesota were to try that today they would have been caught instantly as opposed to the year or two after in initially took place...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Detroit fan yrs. ago, hoping soon they find success again.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a much better roster this year and we were 27-27 last year after the horrible start. We actually have decentforwards (not the corpses of Caron Butler and Tayshaun Prince) and have replenished all the depth we lost in last years trades. I doubt we go much over .500 but that's enough to make the playoffs in the east.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, that Joe Smith ordeal was great. I'm of the firm belief that the social media generation does nothing more than make stupid human beings look stupider. But man, if Minnesota were to try that today they would have been caught instantly as opposed to the year or two after in initially took place...

NO! No it was not great. It effectively killed the best years of KGs career, and forced the Wolves to chase bad contract after bad contract to remain competitive, and they had to keep kicking the can down the proverbial road.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, they won the championship the year before the brawl and were fairly competitive following the it, including a trip to the NBA Finals that year, so these "basketball gods" took their sweet time exposing Joe Dumars for the lucky hack he was.

SVG looks to be turning things around, but it will take time. Too bad they couldn't have worked something out with Monroe, they should worked out a trade the moment they knew he wasn't coming back.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, they won the championship the year before the brawl and were fairly competitive following the it, including a trip to the NBA Finals that year, so these "basketball gods" took their sweet time exposing Joe Dumars for the lucky hack he was.

SVG looks to be turning things around, but it will take time. Too bad they couldn't have worked something out with Monroe, they should worked out a trade the moment they knew he wasn't coming back.

I wouldn't say Dumars was entirely lucky, but I would say the star-driven NBA that we've come to know today had caught up to him.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ron Artest trying to beat up fans is to be blamed on the Pistons? I bet you believe in the Easter Bunny too.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Artest trying to beat up fans is to be blamed on the Pistons? I bet you believe in the Easter Bunny too.

Again, which side is famous for its Bad Boy culture? Then tell me again which side was the problem that instigated the situation...

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, which side is famous for its Bad Boy culture? Then tell me again which side was the problem that instigated the situation...

The Bad Boys era indicated their strength on defense, not physical altercations... So why do you keep bringing up an era that took in the 80s? And Ben Wallace shoved Ron Artest and Artest had a cup of beer thrown at him. So yeah, it is the Pistons fault that Ron Artest has temper tantrums and can't control himself unlike most of his team...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a story on ESPN that Drummond isn't going to sign his max extension in the coming days but instead will wait until next offseason when he is a UFA so that the Pistons can fool the cap a little bit and fit another FA in before officially signing Drummond.

One hell of a silly risk by the Pistons IMO if it is true that Drummond is willing to sign now. Just ink him now and take your cap lumps knowing that there is a chance no matter what Drummond says that he will want to walk away in FA next offseason.

If this offseason proved anything, it is that NBA players change their mind frequently and abruptly.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the best fight in NBA history though

Heat Knicks Jeff Van Gundy holding onto Zo's leg while he was swinging at LJ.

Best brawl I've seen - not sure if you were around for that.

BRBGIC4CMAEi4LJ.jpg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4:35 mark Van Gundy was killing me

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Dumars was entirely lucky, but I would say the star-driven NBA that we've come to know today had caught up to him.

Respectfully disagree.

He's the one who drafted poorly, he's the one who dumped Chauncey Billiups for Iverson, he's the one that thought Rodney Stuckey was starting point guard material, and he's the one who thought Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva were worth big money. Had he not gotten lucky with the Sheed trade, the Pistons never come close to winning a title. Darko wasn't going to help.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bad Boys era indicated their strength on defense, not physical altercations... So why do you keep bringing up an era that took in the 80s? And Ben Wallace shoved Ron Artest and Artest had a cup of beer thrown at him. So yeah, it is the Pistons fault that Ron Artest has temper tantrums and can't control himself unlike most of his team...

It was actually Stephen Jackson that escalated the situation by punching any fan that came into his path. The Artest (entire season) and O'Neal (originally 25 games) were over the line on the league's part. And please don't give me that crap that the "Bad Boys" weren't instigators. Even today, those 80's teams are big part of the Piston culture and overall fan perception of the franchise.