• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baseball is BACK!!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
received my partial season tix today. pretty cool graphics honoring past giants instead of the usual current roster, complete with nick-names. just a few

jam 'davvy' davenport
bill swift
jeffrey 'hacman' leonard
juan '1, 2, 3, 4, .... 16' marichal
bob brenley
robb 'nth inning' nen
jack clark
rick 'big daddy' reuschel
jose 'ooh reebay' uribe
jason schmidt
duane 'smooth' kuiper
johnnie 'boo' lemaster
ellis burks
jim ray hart

as much fun as bubble gum cards of the past...
Most of them I can understand, but Ellis Burks? He spent 2 1/2 of his 18 seasons with the team. Granted, he was great but still seems a bit odd.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of them I can understand, but Ellis Burks? He spent 2 1/2 of his 18 seasons with the team. Granted, he was great but still seems a bit odd.

:noidea: i guess he looked more attractive when they got to about game 80 of the 81 home games

if i get motivated after vacation I'll scan and post a few - some are pretty cool

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back! Been talking too much smack elsewhere on the forum?
Thanks!

I had lost access for some weeks through a software/server/email conniption or ban, not sure. I started getting notices that said something to the effect: we're having probs with your email please re verify. Nothing I did worked. I notified admin but no response. So I found TZs email and asked him to get Cal or stokes to send me new password. That got me limited access, but had to use a new email to get totally back. :noidea:

I do ruffle feathers in PF sometimes :heh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!

I had lost access for some weeks through a software/server/email conniption or ban, not sure. I started getting notices that said something to the effect: we're having probs with your email please re verify. Nothing I did worked. I notified admin but no response. So I found TZs email and asked him to get Cal or stokes to send me new password. That got me limited access, but had to use a new email to get totally back. :noidea:

I do ruffle feathers in PF sometimes :heh:
I doubt there was any ban involved. But I really have no idea. I just nudged the “big guys” into clearing up your tech issues.

Glad to have you back. :suds:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!

I had lost access for some weeks through a software/server/email conniption or ban, not sure. I started getting notices that said something to the effect: we're having probs with your email please re verify. Nothing I did worked. I notified admin but no response.

I had a similar problem - I got locked out (couldn't post) due to "can't email you" BS. I had to change my email adr to get it to work. The board S/W is a bit mental, at times.

And in MY case, it wasn't because I am a "Sarcastic F-wad" :D ...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a similar problem - I got locked out (couldn't post) due to "can't email you" BS. I had to change my email adr to get it to work. The board S/W is a bit mental, at times.

Again, I don’t know anything specific, but I THINK there were some site issues that cause some users to experience a similar issue. Shaggy (site owner) mentioned that he needed to update some email settings, or something like that.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep I had to get a new email too. I wouldn't be much a problem if admin would read their emails from members who are having difficulties. Honestly tho I get it that there is only so much time mods or owners can devote to forums. This isn't the first time I've had to go the "backdoor route" to get back posting privileges on a forum due to ineffective lockout procedures. A big photo forum had the same problem. Hey, EZ ALL GOOD!