• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barr runs a great 40....and nobody responds?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is going on in here? Barr runs a 4.44 and nobody comments on it? Or is it because Mack is the fan favorite around here? I'm just curious because some fans in here believe defense is the way to go.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented on it yesterday afternoon. You just don't read posts.. LOL

page 128 on THE DRAFT THREAD

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is going on in here? Barr runs a 4.44 and nobody comments on it? Or is it because Mack is the fan favorite around here? I'm just curious because some fans in here believe defense is the way to go.

Pro Day 40 times are skewed because of the hand held timing, but it is still very impressive. No human being should be that big and run that fast. They have some freaks in this year's draft.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually more concerned that you created a thread that wasnt about drafting a wideout at ten. Are you ok?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that kind of 40 time, maybe he can play WR?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Day 40 times are skewed because of the hand held timing, but it is still very impressive. No human being should be that big and run that fast. They have some freaks in this year's draft.

This.

His "real" 40 time is probably in th 4.5 range, but still crazy-fast.

I'd be all about Barr at #10 if Mack isn't there and we opt for defense over a WR. He's got a unique skill-set and can rush the passer standing up or with a hand in the dirt. Von Miller 2.0?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real though, looks like Barr best fits a 3-4 D and not what the Lions do. Plus, who wants the 2nd best at any positon at 10 whether it be LB, WR etc....Not me. Grab the best LB or CB or something at 10, but not the 2nd best anyone. Yuck.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real though, looks like Barr best fits a 3-4 D and not what the Lions do. Plus, who wants the 2nd best at any positon at 10 whether it be LB, WR etc....Not me. Grab the best LB or CB or something at 10, but not the 2nd best anyone. Yuck.

What kind of logic is that, lol?

The 2nd best at one position may be much, much better than the best at another given position...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Barr fits best as a 4-3 DE. He has an explosive first step, speed to track down the QB. Use him for what his talents are currently. He needs help in diagnosing/reading plays and also more moves than a rip/swim. He lacks instincts to drop into coverage but has the make-up speed to come from behind and make a play. As a 3-4 Edge Rusher only, similar to Seattle's Bruce Irvin, might possibly be the answer.

this from bleacher report
I’m worried about his change of direction, his instincts and his ability to set an edge as an outside linebacker. Barr seems to have limited functional strength and lacks the power to collapse a pocket. His abilities as a pass-rusher are also limited and one-dimensional. He shows no creativity with his hands or feet and is stuck once the blocker gets into his chest.
Barr also displayed a lot of inconsistency as a tackler and doesn’t seem to have the finishing instincts required to be great.
All of these flaws unto themselves would be workable, but taken as a whole, they begin to greatly diminish his value as a prospect. With all of that said, I’d still feel significantly better about Barr if I saw the unmistakable signs of a relentless motor. This, unfortunately, is not an attribute he shows to any degree worth mentioning, thus posing the greatest concern of all.

2014 NFL Draft: 6 Prospects to Avoid Early | Bleacher Report

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I could easily make a million posts about CBs and the beautiful women I've tampered with throughout my lifetime if you like. I was being nice with the wide receiver thing!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and scratch Mike Evans off the list of Lions interests. They're clearly not interested in the 2nd best WR at 10.

Called it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and scratch Mike Evans off the list of Lions interests. They're clearly not interested in the 2nd best WR at 10.

Called it.

Did u get a text from Mayhew? I wouldn't say they're not interested. We didn't necessarily need Fairley at the time, but we took him anyway. If they feel he's the best available at that spot, I think they take him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did u get a text from Mayhew? I wouldn't say they're not interested. We didn't necessarily need Fairley at the time, but we took him anyway. If they feel he's the best available at that spot, I think they take him.

I feel like I know his tendencies well enough by now. When he can, he has always taken the best player at their given position with 1st round picks.

Stafford (top QB)
Pettigrew (top TE)
Delmas (top safety that year) (close enough to 1st round)

Suh (top DT)
Best (3rd RB off the board but rumor is he was the no.1 RB on the Lions board, right or wrong).

Fairley (Watt went first in a surprise at the time while Fairley was mostly considered the top DT in the draft that year)

Ansah (top 4-3 DE last year)

The lone exception is Reiff, who was the 2nd best LT the year he was drafted.

The Lions set their board, then target the top player (BPA) at any given position when they can. Right or wrong, that's how they do it.

I'll go as far as to say there is a 0% chance Evans is the pick. Just doesn't fit Mayhew's style.

Or Barr.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He actually told me over dinner, I then relayed my insider shit to Rob. Just don't tell anyone that I am Swarm's Rapsheet...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions set their board, then target the top player (BPA) at any given position when they can. Right or wrong, that's how they do it.

I'll go as far as to say there is a 0% chance Evans is the pick. Just doesn't fit Mayhew's style.
Yes they do. And I like that strategy. But we simply don't know what their board looks like. I think that's where some of this board's pre-draft arguing comes about. If Evans is rated the highest when we get to pick, then IMO he'll get drafted. If not, it'll be someone else.