• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barnes' Year

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors are to be a contender for the title - Harrison Barnes must play an important role in getting to the promised land. Kerr and the staff think he has the right stuff, and every once in a while he shows it but his overall lack of instinct or confidence and his inabilty to quickly read a D make him too often very iffy. Iggy is slowing, David Lee might be traded sometime soon, and so it could fall upon Barnes to step it up, assume the starting role, do 14 8 and play ball like a top pick should. Klay will be a 22 pt scorer, Steph is nearing superstar status, Bogut might be healthy, Green is looking like a solid role player - everyone but Barnes can be peniciled in. Barnes' production is needed for the team to rise. I think if he is the player w the sometimes scared look, robotic movements, the Warriors will make it far but not so far. Hard to say it, but HB might the main man.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the starting SF? HB or Igudala. I say Kerr chooses Barnes. He needs to play w the starters imho.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala starts. Kerr will know how to utilize Barnes so that he doesn't have to be simply grouped with better players to be productive. If Barnes starts I think that would be a mistake.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all fell in love with HB as the "stretch 4" in the playoffs , but as players get into their 3rd/4th year, they are basically the players they will be for the next 5-7 years.

I'm not saying HB has hit his ceiling, but I wouldn't say I would rate his ceiling at a A- / 90+ out of a 100 .

If the right deal was out there for a PF, and the other team wanted HB + filler, I think I could pull the trigger if I was LaGruber/West/Meyers.

That being said, after his first 20/10/3/2 game, I'll probably be touting him as the Player of the year.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think HB goes 14 7 and looks better. I think he is a bigger more muscular Trevor Ariza Richard Jefferson. His stroke is too good.