• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Banning the Shift

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see why a 1 dimensional hitter needs to be coddled so we can see defenses choose not to play intelligently.
I'm sure many people fail to see why pitchers can't learn to hit.

Mlb seems to want to promote specialization to get more players paid

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure many people fail to see why pitchers can't learn to hit.

Mlb seems to want to promote specialization to get more players paid
Because some random 27 YO org filler in AA is given a spot over some dude who was raking and shoving in HS/College. Sure there aren't many Ohtanis, but they idea you have to specialize is silly.

I am all for pitchers being pinch runners and even hitting... if they can actually hit.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because some random 27 YO org filler in AA is given a spot over some dude who was raking and shoving in HS/College. Sure there aren't many Ohtanis, but they idea you have to specialize is silly.

I am all for pitchers being pinch runners and even hitting... if they can actually hit.
I'm not saying they have to specialize. Its just when Pujols or Matt Adams or others go from a star to a sub par player because defenses adjusted then it has a major impact on the game of baseball

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they have to specialize. Its just when Pujols or Matt Adams or others go from a star to a sub par player because defenses adjusted then it has a major impact on the game of baseball
They went to sub par because they are fat and can’t move.

Matt Adams was never a star to begin with. He’s stuck out more than he has career hits.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already fixed that, 3 batter minimum
It isn’t fixed though was kind of my point. They shouldn’t be allowed at all if the argument is to ban the shift.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about a spray hittier. A lefty pulls the ball that could go to the gap but there is an infielder playing the equivalant of a roaming outfielder in slow pitch softball. That is what I am talking about. There were situations where the 3ber was on the right side of second base. That''s whacked. I will admit that I was one of the loudest yelling at Matt Carpenter for not laying down a bunt.
Understood. :suds:

That was my point if you take away good analytics on defense to know the tendencies of the hitter that could hinder the game. Trust me I am all for moving the game forward because it is a long boring ass thing to watch. And I guess where I am going is I don't want to here hitters like Joey Gallo complain about the shift. You are professional you need to learn to adjust.
An unfortunate outcome right now is either these hitters strike out more or take a lot more walks.