• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bama vs Ga. St.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just pointing out that if you want folks to consider you the best, it might be a good idea, oh, every once in a while to maybe act like it.

You mean like the 3 of the first 4 weeks when Alabama played 3 teams that would be undefeated if they hadn't played Alabama?

5-1 VT
4-1 Texas A&M
3-1 Miss St

All those losses are to Alabama.

And our other game is to 2-3 Colorado St.

So, until today, the first 4 teams we played had a combined 2 losses between them not counting their losses to us.

But I see who I'm talking too, so it's not like I take your opinion seriously anyway. So cry more.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they started to sell sense of humors now. go pick one up... also UT Martin is a powerhouse...

Well the elephant humping the VW, that was funny. But hey, at least Martin beat Chattanooga.

Besides, you Tide fans trying to defend the indefensible is all the humor I need today.

NickSaban-1.jpg

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tide Guy, suckers like you are the reason the Tide schedules such games. You'll pay real American money to watch your team pick on children.

The finest team in the nation.
One of the biggest athletic budgets anywhere.
The best players in the country.
The highest paid coaches.
The blindest most loyal fans on the face of the earth.

And they play a team
That is bad, even in its own division.
That even its head coach acknowledges to have no chance.
That has a budget a tiny fraction of the Tide's.
Fewer scholarships.
Coaches that are basically earning wages.

Everyone knows that they are doing it to get a payday.

Yes, the number one team in the country hiring a hooker, or maybe a dancing mule, to come entertain you and your family. It's like watching Christians fight lions.

I know, I know, everyone does it. It's a combination of greed and cowardice. Don't you guys even get that it mocks sport? Of course not, you just drink too much beer and make yourself a fine example for your family. Maybe one of them will end up trying to be just like you, or Harvey Updyke.

And you have the nerve to start a thread boasting about how "awesome" your team is?

What the fuck are you talking about retard??? I was talking about my breakfast in that post... Dumbass

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about retard??? I was talking about my breakfast in that post... Dumbass

Thanks for proving my point.:yahoo:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faggot post is faggot... Move along little boy, big kids are posting in this thread

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for proving yourself to be retarded! :yahoo:

Well, let's review. Which of us is dropping f-bombs? Which of us is calling folks "retarded?" Which of us cannot refute a single point that stated, but instead posts a half dozen intellectually deficient replies which mainly rely on name-calling and chest pounding?

Maybe when you sober up, try posting an intellectual response explaining to me why the best team in the country is playing not one but three of these FCS type teams, all at home. The only response I can think of is that there are enough Alabama fans that are just like you, willing to purchase those tickets, and that they think that they can get away with such greedy cowardice. What do you think?

Rest well, respond whenever you are cogent enough to try something other than curses and junior high insults.

Well, that might take awhile, won't it?:laugh3:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's review. Which of us is dropping f-bombs? Which of us is calling folks "retarded?" Which of us cannot refute a single point that stated, but instead posts a half dozen intellectually deficient replies which mainly rely on name-calling and chest pounding?

Maybe when you sober up, try posting an intellectual response explaining to me why the best team in the country is playing not one but three of these FCS type teams, all at home. The only response I can think of is that there are enough Alabama fans that are just like you, willing to purchase those tickets, and that they think that they can get away with such greedy cowardice. What do you think?

Rest well, respond whenever you are cogent enough to try something other than curses and junior high insults.

Well, that might take awhile, won't it?:laugh3:

:lol: at you feeling entitled. good luck with your search for the holy grail

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when you sober up, try posting an intellectual response explaining to me why the best team in the country is playing not one but three of these FCS type teams, all at home.

Because we don't get enough of them in conference like Boise St.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just pointing out that if you want folks to consider you the best, it might be a good idea, oh, every once in a while to maybe act like it.

I forgot...who's #1 again...Apparently, as usual, nobody gives a fuck what you think smiles...go troll the Broncos boards with your lame ass manifesto.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we don't get enough of them in conference like Boise St.

The only post that even came close to showing cogent thought, and even this was :lame:

But, hey, we are dealing with SEC folks here.

Of course, we all know the reasons. It's money and schedule padding. The SEC and other major conferences do this, well, because they can. The math is simple. If all 14 SEC teams schedule cream-puffs for their OOC games, well that's 48 or so out of the 56 possible that can pretty much get put down as wins. That inflates the SOS, gives extra income from the extra home games, and furthers the impression of conference supremacy. The truth is that if college games were scheduled fairly, like most other sports do, teams of similar budgets and talent would play each other. But in NCAA division one, this isn't good enough. It's kind of like wanting every kid to be above average. This can only happen if you throw in some ringers. It's like the Harlem Globetrotters perpetually playing the Washington Generals.

I guess if that is what you folks want, go for it.

But I do appreciate the insults and the weak attempts to distract from the issue by throwing out all those red herrings. Maybe now that most of you have sobered up from the weekend, we can have some dialogue. Nah, just kidding.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only post that even came close to showing cogent thought, and even this was :lame:

But, hey, we are dealing with SEC folks here.

Of course, we all know the reasons. It's money and schedule padding. The SEC and other major conferences do this, well, because they can. The math is simple. If all 14 SEC teams schedule cream-puffs for their OOC games, well that's 48 or so out of the 56 possible that can pretty much get put down as wins. That inflates the SOS, gives extra income from the extra home games, and furthers the impression of conference supremacy. The truth is that if college games were scheduled fairly, like most other sports do, teams of similar budgets and talent would play each other. But in NCAA division one, this isn't good enough. It's kind of like wanting every kid to be above average. This can only happen if you throw in some ringers. It's like the Harlem Globetrotters perpetually playing the Washington Generals.

I guess if that is what you folks want, go for it.

But I do appreciate the insults and the weak attempts to distract from the issue by throwing out all those red herrings. Maybe now that most of you have sobered up from the weekend, we can have some dialogue. Nah, just kidding.

If it inflated the SoS, then Boise St would have tough SoS. So, there must be something else behind it. Like being among the group of teams that can win those games, rather than being among the group of teams that get paid to come and lose them.

There is no reason for teams to schedule more difficult games when their schedules are already tough enough. And there never will be either.