• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore Ravens Ongoing Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't want to be associated with the Ravens. You know that whole guilty by association thing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting ready to leave this room. Am i responsible for shutting the lights out?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting ready to leave this room. Am i responsible for shutting the lights out?

Better not, if you and Marge the Skank are this afraid of us in the light, you will surely go over the edge in the dark.....
Here, this will help you find your way out since there are no video cameras allowed in here,
141847_bdmoon.gif
141847_bdmoon.gif
141847_bdmoon.gif
141847_bdmoon.gif
**** :drum::dhd::bolt:Bye !!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey OldSchool you should set up a Banter Thread in the Ravens forum like we have on the Steelers forum...

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens select WR Perriman with 26th pick in NFL draft

He's fast, but the knock on him is that he is inconsistent, or drops balls in key situations. Will he overcome this? Only time will tell. He does fill a need in the Ravens O, but they still have a lot of other needs to be filled. Hopefully they can fill some of those as the draft progresses.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the word on Perriman so far?

I know its football-in-shorts season... Doesn't tell us much. But I'm interested to see what sort of hype he has goin so far? I feel the need to compare him to the Steelers' 3rd round pick Sammie Coates due to both being labeled "drop machines".

@Oldschool739 , @Tgann69 ?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the word on Perriman so far?

I know its football-in-shorts season... Doesn't tell us much. But I'm interested to see what sort of hype he has goin so far? I feel the need to compare him to the Steelers' 3rd round pick Sammie Coates due to both being labeled "drop machines".

@Oldschool739 , @Tgann69 ?

He's done nothing but good so far, he is faster than Torrey, and made some difficult catches so far....I like that he will fight for the ball, something Torrey didn't do well...Of course this isn't real game assessments and he has to build a rhythm with Joe, but the reports are that he is very smart and picking up the playbook really well...
That's all I got right now....Gonna check out that banner thread of yours..

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done nothing but good so far, he is faster than Torrey, and made some difficult catches so far....I like that he will fight for the ball, something Torrey didn't do well...Of course this isn't real game assessments and he has to build a rhythm with Joe, but the reports are that he is very smart and picking up the playbook really well...
Faster than Torrey? Didn't know the kid had wheels! Just looked up his 40 time... 4.27 (4.24 unofficial). Impressive! That's Mike Wallace speed! Also, fighting for the ball is a unique feature for a speedster. That was something that Mike Wallace was afraid to do.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faster than Torrey? Didn't know the kid had wheels! Just looked up his 40 time... 4.27 (4.24 unofficial). Impressive! That's Mike Wallace speed! Also, fighting for the ball is a unique feature for a speedster. That was something that Mike Wallace was afraid to do.

Like always we hope he can do it in a real game, but I am impressed with the 2 TE's we got, Williams and Boyle...
Both are good at routes, blocking and good hands, Maxx jumps over people like a deer and Boyle has been impressive as well....Not to mention Gilmore who has slimmed down and showing more speed too...
Daniels was slow and dropped some crucial catches last year that may have cost us the game so albeit, he had the experience over these guys, I'll take the speed, athleticism and youth in this case...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4.27? Damn that's fast. Can't remember the last time the Patriots had somebody that fast.
We've got Boyce who is fast but he has not been able to get in the game. I suspect he had better start catching on or he'll be gone.
If we get to play the Ravens this year I guess we'll have to pancake Perriman at the line because we won't be able to run with him.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.27? Damn that's fast. Can't remember the last time the Patriots had somebody that fast.
We've got Boyce who is fast but he has not been able to get in the game. I suspect he had better start catching on or he'll be gone.
If we get to play the Ravens this year I guess we'll have to pancake Perriman at the line because we won't be able to run with him.....

That would be fun to watch, with no Revis and no Browner, trying to cover Smith, Perriman, Maxx/Boyle/Gilmore, and let's not forget Forsett and Buck who can both catch out of the backfield....
That is if the rooks can do it in real time....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun. Just win your division and we'll see you in Foxborough.....
th

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun. Just win your division and we'll see you in Foxborough.....
th
The two teams seem to meet up most years. How do you feel if.they meet up this year? You barely got by with the Ravens having no secondary and you having a new secondary.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams seem to meet up most years. How do you feel if.they meet up this year? You barely got by with the Ravens having no secondary and you having a new secondary.
I might be the only one but I think the Patriots will be ok in the secondary. I base this on a greatly improved front 7. Our O-line will be better too. Ravens have made some improvements but I don't think you have made enough improvement in your secondary to beat NE. Certainly favor you getting to the playoffs again.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested on how Perriman does. Usually with speedsters it's the hands that fail them. If he has the hands, he'll be very good.

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be the only one but I think the Patriots will be ok in the secondary. I base this on a greatly improved front 7. Our O-line will be better too. Ravens have made some improvements but I don't think you have made enough improvement in your secondary to beat NE. Certainly favor you getting to the playoffs again.....

Our improvement will be getting everyone healthy and back to normal. That in itself is a huge improvement. Last year's secondary was the first time in a long time that the D couldn't hold leads. They went through 7 starting CB's and 4 safeties last year. That will have an impact and despite of all that the defense still managed Top 10 in both yards and points scored against. Then add in Kendrick Lewis and Arrington for depth and the D is a step away from being elite.

BB is taking a huge risk with the new secondary. I know from last year's squad that the Raven's pressure helped but it didn't totally cover it up obviously. Are there any young studs that just need the playing time?