• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh 11/6/'11 Week 9 GDT

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
depends the sport. Football? I'd put him out there as one of the top current play by play guys....

The biggest thing that has always bothered me about Al Michaels is that he's known by many in the business as one of the biggest slackers in the business in terms of preparing for the games throughout the week.

Obviously he's gotten by just fine and it probably doesn't cost him as much as it could but I've read numerous accounts from people who have worked with him that say he's terrible to work with.

There are many accounts that say he hates showing up for the mid-week production meetings and when he arrives during the week others have to bend backwards just to get on the same page with him because he hasn't prepared for the game in the same manner that others have.

I'm sure there is alot more to it than that and it's quite possible that if one heard his side it may not be as bad but without hearing that I can't seem to get that out of memory when Michaels comes into the discussion.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing that has always bothered me about Al Michaels is that he's known by many in the business as one of the biggest slackers in the business in terms of preparing for the games throughout the week.

Obviously he's gotten by just fine and it probably doesn't cost him as much as it could but I've read numerous accounts from people who have worked with him that say he's terrible to work with.

There are many accounts that say he hates showing up for the mid-week production meetings and when he arrives during the week others have to bend backwards just to get on the same page with him because he hasn't prepared for the game in the same manner that others have.

I'm sure there is alot more to it than that and it's quite possible that if one heard his side it may not be as bad but without hearing that I can't seem to get that out of memory when Michaels comes into the discussion.

Wow... thats a whole different side of him I never knew.... he also looks like the type of guy to fit the description too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not that I know one way or the other... he may not like those meetings because he's been doing it for so long he feels like he doesn't need to do all that stuff. Kind of like how Charles Haley hated practicing because he didn't feel like he needed to practice hard all the time.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Both teams look to have hit n miss offenses, and good Ds. Should be interesting when we face them.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is where it's nice to have Terrence Cody & Ngata.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? That is interesting to hear about Michaels, I guess you'd have to be in the industry to hear those type of stories though. I never noticed his laziness while watching the games, like those delays of trying to figure out who just made the play while searching the roster to put a name to a number. Or the ignorance of not knowing what just happened in the game.

But, if his laziness makes Cris Collinsworth's job harder, then I think I might appreciate Al Michaels even more... because Collinsworth is a tool

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow... thats a whole different side of him I never knew.... he also looks like the type of guy to fit the description too.

To add a little more. Michaels' supposed lack of desire to put in more hours during the week often drove John Madden crazy early on in their partnership because he reportedly loved alot of the things that Michaels hated or found no use for with the job. Madden would often tell others how worried he always was that Michaels' lack of getting to know players, coaches, schemes, etc., during the week would end up showing up to those at home during the telecast.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can play with these guys, a lot sharp play and hustle is needed, but we can play...

TD Wallace