• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ball better pick it up

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ffb on satellite radio this morning. There is already some guy speculating the broncos may soon bench Ball for some 3rd string RB out of Duke whom I have never heard of.

That's no talk of that locally here in Colorado. And that RB is Juwan Thompson, a gym rat who was hot in camp but was less than impressive in game situations. These fantasy guys are taking out their asses. If anyone replaces Ball it'd be Anserson, and he's not doing any better. The problem isn't the RB, the problem is the oline, and the inexplicable change in offensive philosophy from wide open to this 2 tight bullcrap. Hey let's take the most dominate offense in league history, and change it up...yeah, great idea coach

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's no talk of that locally here in Colorado. And that RB is Juwan Thompson, a gym rat who was hot in camp but was less than impressive in game situations. These fantasy guys are taking out their asses. If anyone replaces Ball it'd be Anserson, and he's not doing any better. The problem isn't the RB, the problem is the oline, and the inexplicable change in offensive philosophy from wide open to this 2 tight bullcrap. Hey let's take the most dominate offense in league history, and change it up...yeah, great idea coach

Yeah. It was just one dudes speculation, so I don't put much stock into it. But when chatter starts it's never good. I'm sure they will roll with ball for the year - but I d t expect much out of him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It was just one dudes speculation, so I don't put much stock into it. But when chatter starts it's never good. I'm sure they will roll with ball for the year - but I d t expect much out of him.

there was one local reporter talking about it after week 2 because CJ came in and had like 2 straight 8+ yard runs..which of course was out of a 4 wide set, but regardless, I wouldn't say there's no talk whatsoever about it, obviously someone is going to say something about anything. But changing the RB isn't going to fix an abysmal line. They got Clady back, moved the guy who replaced him back to wherever he came from, switched out another piece..I mean great for Peyton's protection I guess, but apparently not a good combination for the run game

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just sick that it was ball or murray at my pick and took ball..........id be 3-0, and instead im 1-2 with a loaded roster.......sitting with the 2nd most overall points when the weeks over.....and losing to the top score in the league twice by slim margins, that would of easily been won with like 4-5 more poitns from ball

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad Steelers I could have gotten Forte in a trade but instead went ahead and took ball!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well forte hasnt been money.......exactly

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost all the #1 picks have been kinda crap. Charles, McCoy, Peterson, Forte, Lacy, DT, Dez, hell even Peyton has been disappointing. Makes me feel a little less bad about being behind Ball.. Most the guys people would've taken in front of him haven't done much better

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping you guys were right about Ball prior to the season, but yea, I thought he was vastly over-rated around here by several people.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect time to trade for Ball is right now.

Offer a middling RB2 and enjoy the profit, but yeah. He is unlikely to be a top 3 RB at this point.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a reason I laughed at the Ball hype in the preseason. I never believed in him.

Thankfully I only have him in one league and will try to get rid of him this week.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are in non-ppr league, you are pretty unhappy with Forte at this point. I have him in standard PPR league, and he is averaging 15pts/game. Not stellar - but he's not killing me.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is unlikely to be a top 3 RB at this point.

He may seem pretty far away (like a lot of other top picks), but take a look at the guys in front of him now - Ingram is out, Foster is Foster, six guys are getting touches because an injured starter is out but will be coming back, a handful of other guys are only there based on a single huge game, and from 2010 on Bradshaw/Ivory/Murray are 0 for 11 at playing a full season.

At this point only Lynch, Le'Veon, Gio and Forte look like solid bets to stay in the top 10. Apart from them it's wide open.