• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad look for Keselowski

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Keselowski causes the final lap crash that ended teammate Joey Logano's chance to win the Daytona 500 and then comments:

“I wanted to make the pass to win the Daytona 500 and it ended up really bad. I don’t feel like I made a mistake, but I can’t drive everybody else’s car. So frustrating.”

Wow, so Joey was supposed to get out of his way and surrender the lead. It wasn't even an attempt to block by Logano, Keselowski simply mis-judged the pull out.

Now there are two facts that need to be mentioned. One, going into the last lap at Daytona, the car in second place has an outstanding opportunity to pass for the win. This has to do with the aerodynamics of high speed racing and the ability of the second place car to use the draft to slingshot around the leader. Two, the leader knows this and can block the attempt, which was what Logano stated to do. But the crash occurred because Keselowski failed to clear Logano's bumper, a misjudgement on his part.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logano crashed himself. Keslowski had no choice but to go for the pass he was going for anyway after the bump from Wallace and Logano tried the block. If Logano wants someone to blame it should be himself. But this is the racing that NASCAR allows so it's just good clean racing by Wallace by instigating the chain of events that led to his win.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keselowski cleared Logano's bumper. He hit him in the rear quarterpanel, that is what turned Logano. Keselowski looked bad because right after Logano spun keselowski's front end was pointed up the track instead of straight.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keselowski cleared Logano's bumper. He hit him in the rear quarterpanel, that is what turned Logano. Keselowski looked bad because right after Logano spun keselowski's front end was pointed up the track instead of straight.

Yeah, it was going right into a turn though and Logano probably didn't realize how much of a push Keslowski got. If you're going to assign blame anybody then it goes to Logano but I don't see how anybody watches the film and says "gee, I really screwed that one up". This is just how things go on a super-speedway sometimes. Keslowski had no choice because if he stayed high he was going into the wall.

Last edited:

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched it multiple times, Logano didn't even drop down that much and Keselowski hit him in the bumper.

I don't get what you people are claiming to have seen.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched it multiple times, Logano didn't even drop down that much and Keselowski hit him in the bumper.

I don't get what you people are claiming to have seen.

Keslowski got a huge push from Wallace who was the locomotive of a train. He was going to make a move anyway but after that push he basically had to go because Wallace was going if he didn't. This is basically a no fault wreck.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gohusk it is McDowell not Wallace.:thumb:

Yeah, I don't know how Wallace got in my head. Was never a huge Wallace fan either. Mark Martin was my guy because he was so classy and I stopped watching after he retired.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a driver with that much of a run makes a move. The guy about to attempt to block knows if they block it will be a wreck. the other car isnt going to be able to slow down even if it wanted too. This is superspeedway racing so people that want to say no fault racing. I will roll my eyes & begrudgingly agree. But back to my point. the difference in speed blocking that move will always cause an accident. Always! So if you want to point at one driver. Its not the 2nd place driver in this case. (or 3rd place for those wanting to blame a non penske car)

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a driver with that much of a run makes a move. The guy about to attempt to block knows if they block it will be a wreck. the other car isnt going to be able to slow down even if it wanted too. This is superspeedway racing so people that want to say no fault racing. I will roll my eyes & begrudgingly agree. But back to my point. the difference in speed blocking that move will always cause an accident. Always! So if you want to point at one driver. Its not the 2nd place driver in this case. (or 3rd place for those wanting to blame a non penske car)
This guy agrees with you: