• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baby Hawk

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He should absolutely be in front of Caldwell on the depth chart.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For this season, the role he is in is plenty. You can't throw him in as the #3 when he has little chemistry with Dalton and as far as what we've seen during games, we can't come to any kind of conclusion what mental grasp he has of the offense (or football in general) or how crisp his route running is. 90% of the plays run for him have been misdirections or plays designed specifically for him where he doesn't have to read the defense, just run his basic route.

I agree he can have more plays called for him, more screen passes, more misdirections, (a lot of what he's been doing), etc. but he shouldn't be replacing anyone on offense.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this season, the role he is in is plenty. You can't throw him in as the #3 when he has little chemistry with Dalton and as far as what we've seen during games, we can't come to any kind of conclusion what mental grasp he has of the offense (or football in general) or how crisp his route running is. 90% of the plays run for him have been misdirections or plays designed specifically for him where he doesn't have to read the defense, just run his basic route.

I agree he can have more plays called for him, more screen passes, more misdirections, (a lot of what he's been doing), etc. but he shouldn't be replacing anyone on offense.

basically what I was going to say, without all the fancy analysis. It takes a rookie wide receiver a few years to contribute to his full potential.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to replace anyone on offense, just get the ball in his hands about 6-8 times a game. He is lethal.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of your better analyses, rey.....I agree 100%.....

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The anti 'Play' of the day was the dropped INT. That changed the game. Oh, and the absurd hold called on Witworth. What the fuck was that?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a horrible phantom holding call....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The anti 'Play' of the day was the dropped INT. That changed the game. Oh, and the absurd hold called on Witworth. What the fuck was that?

yea, that holding call... one of those, if the Bengals do something good, lets call holding.

weird.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe the crew realized that they had hardly flagged the Bengals for anything...sort of like "I know you were holding at least once before, so I'll call it now" kind of make up calls....bad timing for that.....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe the crew realized that they had hardly flagged the Bengals for anything...sort of like "I know you were holding at least once before, so I'll call it now" kind of make up calls....bad timing for that.....

No, they were giving it back to Pittsburgh after blowing a call earlier in the game on them. That holding call on Miller was bogus that negated the TD pass from Roethlisberger that cost the Steelers 4 points.

That call on Whit was ridiculous, but so was the Miller holding call. Itr all even out, just seems more critical on us since it was under 5 minutes with the game on the line and us trailing by a score.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they were giving it back to Pittsburgh after blowing a call earlier in the game on them. That holding call on Miller was bogus that negated the TD pass from Roethlisberger that cost the Steelers 4 points.

That call on Whit was ridiculous, but so was the Miller holding call. Itr all even out, just seems more critical on us since it was under 5 minutes with the game on the line and us trailing by a score.

probably the same ref then. how are you going to block a 300 pound man without doing a little holding? If it isn't clear, then don't call it... it's irritating when they call it over and over, this isn't basketball, you can touch people.

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkins needs to play a lot more than he does. He is fast as shit and always gains yards after the catch. He is way better than Caldwell, no question. I don't know why this is even debatable.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hawkins needs to play a lot more than he does. He is fast as shit and always gains yards after the catch. He is way better than Caldwell, no question. I don't know why this is even debatable.

Agreed. Caldwell is awful.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
definatley looks explosive when he gets his hands on the ball...

When Shipley comes back, he's the long term answer in the slot, but I hope they can find a role for him

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he's as fast as Chris Henry, but if he can do a streak pattern and get past the coverage that would be fun to watch.