• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B-league suicide draft and chat

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proxy.php

GyPEfKQ.png

@Chef99 - OTC (for 2)
ROUND 13 (27)
Chef99 -
Face-Lee-Us -
MilkSpiller22 -
jwolt92 -
SteelersPride -
molsaniceman -
ROUND 14 (28)
molsaniceman -
SteelersPride -
jwolt92 -
MilkSpiller22 -
Face-Lee-us -
Chef99 -

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My coma team gets more & more homer by the pick...

Chris "Wizard of Boz" Boswell

@MilkSpiller22 is OTC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple interesting differences between Coma A & B leagues...

1. Half the Coma B league has drafted a backup DST... And I don't think anybody in the Coma A league drafted a backup DST.
  2. 4/6 teams in Coma A drafted a backup TE... Only 1 team has (so far) in Coma B

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple interesting differences between Coma A & B leagues...

1. Half the Coma B league has drafted a backup DST... And I don't think anybody in the Coma A league drafted a backup DST.
  2. 4/6 teams in Coma A drafted a backup TE... Only 1 team has (so far) in Coma B

I love talking Strategy...

I think it is hard for owners to ever throw a ZERO on a skill position... so owners will try so hard to prevent this... But I don't think that is good strategy... This being a standard league, it gives WR/TE a disadvantage from the start... and coma has no STUDS... It is very unlikely that your backup in COMA at the WEAKEST position will be fantasy relevant...

So IMO a 2nd TE is BAD STRATEGY... But that doesn't mean it cant work... you can easily get lucky and have it pan out...

I think having a second DEFENSE in Coma is good strategy, because it is the most matchup dependent position...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love talking Strategy...

I think it is hard for owners to ever throw a ZERO on a skill position... so owners will try so hard to prevent this... But I don't think that is good strategy... This being a standard league, it gives WR/TE a disadvantage from the start... and coma has no STUDS... It is very unlikely that your backup in COMA at the WEAKEST position will be fantasy relevant...

So IMO a 2nd TE is BAD STRATEGY... But that doesn't mean it cant work... you can easily get lucky and have it pan out...

I think having a second DEFENSE in Coma is good strategy, because it is the most matchup dependent position...
Not necessarily... I view a backup TE as not being handicapped if your TE1 goes down. You're only limited to 1 week of ZERO for your defense (bye week), whereas you could spend an entire season with ZERO's at TE. I have it happen many times to me in Coma. Other positions like RB & WR you should have at least 1 spare on the bench after the draft to give you some flexibility. Obviously when injuries hit that changes everything.

Having a backup defense gives you good strategy for maximizing your output though, so I'll give ya that. In theory you'd never have a ZERO or NEGATIVE output if you play your cards right. Plus your defense is most of the time your top 3 contributor all season.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.
Trubisky was drafted before Nick Foles?

:poke: :frusty:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.
Trubisky was drafted before Nick Foles?

:poke: :frusty:

yup... by me... I know at this point Foles is MORE likely to be the starter... But he is older, injury prone, and missed most of last season because of it... He has also never played an entire season in his career...

Trubisky is young and mobile... Sure he sucks... But I am betting Trubisky plays games... especially later on in the season, when I think I may need him...

And if Foles does get hurt and trubisky gets his job "back" It will be his job to lose... as he can STILL be the Bears future...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily... I view a backup TE as not being handicapped if your TE1 goes down. You're only limited to 1 week of ZERO for your defense (bye week), whereas you could spend an entire season with ZERO's at TE. I have it happen many times to me in Coma. Other positions like RB & WR you should have at least 1 spare on the bench after the draft to give you some flexibility. Obviously when injuries hit that changes everything.

Having a backup defense gives you good strategy for maximizing your output though, so I'll give ya that. In theory you'd never have a ZERO or NEGATIVE output if you play your cards right. Plus your defense is most of the time your top 3 contributor all season.

It is always possible to get lucky and get that diamond in the rough bench TE... But chances are that he will be a below average Fantasy TE... like you draft him to be... and if he averages 5 points or less per game, then how fantasy relevant is he??

really, we have been drafting Backup TEs wrong... You are probably better off taking the 49ers backup TE than a team that rarely uses their TE in the first place...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always possible to get lucky and get that diamond in the rough bench TE... But chances are that he will be a below average Fantasy TE... like you draft him to be... and if he averages 5 points or less per game, then how fantasy relevant is he??

really, we have been drafting Backup TEs wrong... You are probably better off taking the 49ers backup TE than a team that rarely uses their TE in the first place...
The difference between winning & losing in Coma is sometimes 2-3pts. The margin of error is not always that slim, but more often than not its the difference. I'll take that 2-3 pts from a backup TE all day if my TE1 goes down to injury. But also praying that my other positions aren't ravaged by injury.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup... by me... I know at this point Foles is MORE likely to be the starter... But he is older, injury prone, and missed most of last season because of it... He has also never played an entire season in his career...

Trubisky is young and mobile... Sure he sucks... But I am betting Trubisky plays games... especially later on in the season, when I think I may need him...

And if Foles does get hurt and trubisky gets his job "back" It will be his job to lose... as he can STILL be the Bears future...

Sad to say, I'm feeling about as much love for my Bears as I did in the 1980s for my Blackhawks.
Numb.
Alex Zhamnov and a few other poor decisions made me give up temporarily.
Bears have entered that realm for me.
From the GM (Pace) to coach Nagy who play-calling is questionable.
I don't even fault the bum Trubisky as much as I do Nagy and Pace.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to say, I'm feeling about as much love for my Bears as I did in the 1980s for my Blackhawks.
Numb.
Alex Zhamnov and a few other poor decisions made me give up temporarily.
Bears have entered that realm for me.
From the GM (Pace) to coach Nagy who play-calling is questionable.
I don't even fault the bum Trubisky as much as I do Nagy and Pace.

yea, luckily the bears are a defensive first team... LOL

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, luckily the bears are a defensive first team... LOL
They were, until new DC Pagano decided that instead of having Mack rush the passer, he would drop him into coverage a few times.
They've all become stupid all at the same time.
:gaah:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad i was paying attention again, and only drafted on back up rb.......grrr i screwed up suicide and coma, mayne it will work out.

is the chiefs D really available if so i take them.

@molsaniceman

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad i was paying attention again, and only drafted on back up rb.......grrr i screwed up suicide and coma, mayne it will work out.

is the chiefs D really available if so i take them.

@molsaniceman
I had a really tough time passing on them. Ultimately their schedule scared me away lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean alot of places have them as a top ten D. That D is actually really damn good.......ppl dont realize that......That unit was banged up the first half of the year, then when healthy the second half they were a top 10 unit, and played very well in the playoffs, should only improve.......thats what scary coupled with the evolution of mahomes and that offense
I had a really tough time passing on them. Ultimately their schedule scared me away lol.