• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B Dubs

titsmcgee1987

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The guy is only 4 saves away from equaling "Shooter's" Giants' record of 48 saves. I think he gets it, maybe sets a new record of 50. While I don't think he is going under the radar he definitely doesn't get the credit he has deserved this season. Not trying to jinx anything, but he hasn't even been making it as interesting as he usual does. For a while it was "here comes Brian Wilson, better get my depends for the 9th", now he comes in and you expect him to shut down. He is definitely in the conversation of team MVP....

But I dunno if I've ever enjoyed watching a Giants pitcher as much as this guy

imo.
2100645280x207.jpg

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a huge season. One of my gut feelings about him too is that he just embodies confidence and I think it's good for the younger guys (ala Romo) and even the older guys to feel and believe they are untouchable. I obviously have zero empirical proof on the matter, but I do believe it to be part of the reason the bully has been so lights out this year.

EDIT: One other thing I was going to say is that I think Boch needs to get Lopez some work soon. I haven't seen him in awhile. Although I did miss the weekend series with the Brewers; did Lopez get any work in that series?

Last edited by a moderator:

titsmcgee1987

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's had a huge season. One of my gut feelings about him too is that he just embodies confidence and I think it's good for the younger guys (ala Romo) and even the older guys to feel and believe they are untouchable. I obviously have zero empirical proof on the matter, but I do believe it to be part of the reason the bully has been so lights out this year.

I agree with this 100%. I made a similar statement when talking about Lincecum. When he was off in August, it seemed like all the guys (with the exception of Cain) were off too. Everyone gets confidence from their leaders, and Timmy and Wilson are most definitely the leaders of the staff and bullpen respectively. Soooo as they go the Giants go...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HUGE play of the BP as a whole has been real big for the G's over the last week or so. At least twice Boch has been able to pull a pitcher who was dealing in the mid innings for a pinch-hitter in a tie game with no fear that the pen would continue the shut-down.

I think the Giants have replaced the Pads as the best bp in the game.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HUGE play of the BP as a whole has been real big for the G's over the last week or so. At least twice Boch has been able to pull a pitcher who was dealing in the mid innings for a pinch-hitter in a tie game with no fear that the pen would continue the shut-down.

I think the Giants have replaced the Pads as the best bp in the game.

These things go back and forth, but I'd say we've definitely caught up with them

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDIT: One other thing I was going to say is that I think Boch needs to get Lopez some work soon. I haven't seen him in awhile. Although I did miss the weekend series with the Brewers; did Lopez get any work in that series?

Lopez, IIRC, came in as a LOOGY to face one batter in both Friday and Sunday's games in MIL.

Anybody hear anything about Runzler? I thought he was supposed to be back by now?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lopez, IIRC, came in as a LOOGY to face one batter in both Friday and Sunday's games in MIL.

Anybody hear anything about Runzler? I thought he was supposed to be back by now?

I seem to recall Kruk or Kiup mentioning he was warming up in the bullpen - ready if called (in one of the recent games).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear about Runz...I like that kid.

On another note, speaking of closers and the Cubs: Anybody remember the guy who closed that tiebreaker game vs. the Cubs in 1998? IIRC, Bonds/Kent/Carter went something like 0-12 in that game.

titsmcgee1987

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good to hear about Runz...I like that kid.

On another note, speaking of closers and the Cubs: Anybody remember the guy who closed that tiebreaker game vs. the Cubs in 1998? IIRC, Bonds/Kent/Carter went something like 0-12 in that game.

Waah waah.... I looked at the box score and that was his 51st save! Dude was a machine

rod-beck-cubs-2.jpg

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He pitched against Prince Fielder on Saturday I believe, then was switched.