• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awaz's Stars and Overall Review of Game 1

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just from watching, i remember most of who scored and who had assists, but these are based on all around play

1. bob - dude looked fantastic.. quick as lightning and unbeatable down low

2. matt read - holy speed.. kid burned through the maple leafs like a hot knife through butter.. he was all over the place, and looked real patient and in control manning the point on the PP.. he is almost above bob just because i wasn't as surprised by bob.. read impressed me big time

3. wayne simmonds - the guy stood out. all out on pretty much every shift, hitting people, getting involved in the offense.. the first shift (played w/ schenn and wellwood for those that didnt watch) got me infinitely more excited for hockey season.. pure domination of the leafs top group.. unfortunately he looked pretty out of place on the breakaway after a fantastic defensive play on one of the leafs powerplays

4. matt carle - looked like a man amongst boys playing defense.. i dont think anybody got around him that i noticed.. also looked good on the point

4a. voracek - so patient with the puck.. obviously way to early to predict, but from what i saw tonight, he replaces leino, easily.

5. sestito - guy is a moose, and hits everything. i thought he played well

6. schenn - similar to simmonds, i thought played very solid 2-way hockey and the line dominated at times

7. rinaldo - hello carcillo part 2. hit a bunch, scored a pretty goal. if he has a better head than carcillo and downie (i'm not optimistic) he could be a hell of a hockey player

only disappointing things i saw in this game were schenn not getting goal.. really just a personal thing, wanted to see him score, just like i wanted to see couturier and simmonds score (check and check :)) it has nothing to do with his play, he played very well.. only player i thought played below what i expected was JvR.. i expected more from him.. the only time i really noticed him was when he drove to the net and took a goalie interference penalty.. good drive though, and in the situation, the penalty was worth it for a good drive to the net

overall most impressive. the PK was all around fantastic.. bob bailed them out a couple times, but they looked real solid IMO, and even dangerous on a few occasions.

in general, i'm extatic, and i'm even more excited now than i was 6 hours ago for the season

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good calls Awazy. My assessment is almost the same as yours except for just a couple of things..

Schenn - Giroux on ice vision part II or what? Wow.. Would have loved to see him bust the twine also and I'd like to see him be more elusive with his body (aka Briere) and avoid some of those hits he was taken, but...man o man....this kids presence is fun to watch.

Simmonds - At first glance he's a lot taller/lankier than I remembered and at times (like the break away) appeared disjointed and coming back on D, but an exciting talent that will be just fine once he gets more games of Lavy's system under his belt.

Read / Zolniercyzk (where the hell did Mr. Voyeurism [google his name] come from??) - Speed...speed...speed! A bit on the smaller size, but if they can put on a couple of pounds of muscle....look out.

Bob - Unbelievable. Nothing was going to get by him last night. Nothing.

Sestito - Looked skilled at times. Looked stupid and out of his league at times. Beat the snot out of Jeffy Lupul, so that was cool. lol

Voracek - Excellent hands and vision. Once he finds the right linemates and settles in with the Flyers, he is going to be an awesome player for many years to come.

Rinaldo - Fast as hell little prick who's not afraid of anyone and can score, but (right now) is too reckless to make the big squad imo.

All in all for the first pre-season game of the year...grade B. Cannot wait till tonight to see how the other squad plays/looks out there. :)

GO FLYER'S!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good calls Awazy. My assessment is almost the same as yours except for just a couple of things..

Schenn - Giroux on ice vision part II or what? Wow.. Would have loved to see him bust the twine also and I'd like to see him be more elusive with his body (aka Briere) and avoid some of those hits he was taken, but...man o man....this kids presence is fun to watch.

Simmonds - At first glance he's a lot taller/lankier than I remembered and at times (like the break away) appeared disjointed and coming back on D, but an exciting talent that will be just fine once he gets more games of Lavy's system under his belt.

Read / Zolniercyzk (where the hell did Mr. Voyeurism [google his name] come from??) - Speed...speed...speed! A bit on the smaller size, but if they can put on a couple of pounds of muscle....look out.

Bob - Unbelievable. Nothing was going to get by him last night. Nothing.

Sestito - Looked skilled at times. Looked stupid and out of his league at times. Beat the snot out of Jeffy Lupul, so that was cool. lol

Voracek - Excellent hands and vision. Once he finds the right linemates and settles in with the Flyers, he is going to be an awesome player for many years to come.

Rinaldo - Fast as hell little prick who's not afraid of anyone and can score, but (right now) is too reckless to make the big squad imo.

All in all for the first pre-season game of the year...grade B. Cannot wait till tonight to see how the other squad plays/looks out there. :)

GO FLYER'S!!!

totally forgot about zolniercyzk (it could be a little easier to spell eh?).. he was definitely a noticeable presence.. he too had blazing speed

pretty weird watching the flyers burn by everyone last night.. cant remember having anyone do that in a long time

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is kind of what i feared, what if the bob is lights out like this all year? i guess its a good problem to have.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is kind of what i feared, what if the bob is lights out like this all year? i guess its a good problem to have.

A problem this team has needed for 15 years

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Carle had a amazing game and as for Bob....he played great but Breezy will carry the torch....Trust me!!!

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just from watching, i remember most of who scored and who had assists, but these are based on all around play

1. bob - dude looked fantastic.. quick as lightning and unbeatable down low

2. matt read - holy speed.. kid burned through the maple leafs like a hot knife through butter.. he was all over the place, and looked real patient and in control manning the point on the PP.. he is almost above bob just because i wasn't as surprised by bob.. read impressed me big time

3. wayne simmonds - the guy stood out. all out on pretty much every shift, hitting people, getting involved in the offense.. the first shift (played w/ schenn and wellwood for those that didnt watch) got me infinitely more excited for hockey season.. pure domination of the leafs top group.. unfortunately he looked pretty out of place on the breakaway after a fantastic defensive play on one of the leafs powerplays

4. matt carle - looked like a man amongst boys playing defense.. i dont think anybody got around him that i noticed.. also looked good on the point

4a. voracek - so patient with the puck.. obviously way to early to predict, but from what i saw tonight, he replaces leino, easily.

5. sestito - guy is a moose, and hits everything. i thought he played well

6. schenn - similar to simmonds, i thought played very solid 2-way hockey and the line dominated at times

7. rinaldo - hello carcillo part 2. hit a bunch, scored a pretty goal. if he has a better head than carcillo and downie (i'm not optimistic) he could be a hell of a hockey player

only disappointing things i saw in this game were schenn not getting goal.. really just a personal thing, wanted to see him score, just like i wanted to see couturier and simmonds score (check and check :)) it has nothing to do with his play, he played very well.. only player i thought played below what i expected was JvR.. i expected more from him.. the only time i really noticed him was when he drove to the net and took a goalie interference penalty.. good drive though, and in the situation, the penalty was worth it for a good drive to the net

overall most impressive. the PK was all around fantastic.. bob bailed them out a couple times, but they looked real solid IMO, and even dangerous on a few occasions.

in general, i'm extatic, and i'm even more excited now than i was 6 hours ago for the season

I told you guy about Read.......dude i foreal!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Read looks good, he stood out.

Holy crap did the Flyers finally get a fucking shutout, its only been over a year. Only team in the league last year not to have 1.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle was a men among boys last night for sure, but that is expected of him in a game against mostly Ahl talent or worse.

And it was awfully ironic that the Flyers finally get a shutout after 108 games without one and it's in the first fucking preseason game. It's a game that really doesn't matter and should've been high scoring on both sides. You don't expect anyone to pitch a shutout...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. If Bob is great but doesn't severely outplay Bryz, we are in great shape. You could trade Bob in the offseason and get a lot in return. But, if he does severely outplay Bryz, then we have serious issues because you can't bench a guy making that much money...lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle was a men among boys last night for sure, but that is expected of him in a game against mostly Ahl talent or worse.

And it was awfully ironic that the Flyers finally get a shutout after 108 games without one and it's in the first fucking preseason game. It's a game that really doesn't matter and should've been high scoring on both sides. You don't expect anyone to pitch a shutout...lol

maybe i'm mistaken, but i think the leafs played a lot of their NHL-ers last night

wait a minute.. are you calling the leafs an AHL level team???

hmm..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds caught my eye the most. Fuck Rinaldo. Bob was amazing.

I order my Meszaros jersey last night. Just wanted to share.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure, the Flyers sat 90% of their regular roster last night. Holy shit, it was almost entirely prospects. Carle, Simmonds, Voracek and JvR were the only for sure starters to play. To get the 4-0 win against some regular Leafs like Schenn, Kessel, Connolly, Finger, Lupul, Komisarek, MacArthur, Orr and Riemer is pretty impressive, even in the preseason. It was a great team effort, which I hope we see more of throughout the season.

You have to think we'll see more of the regular roster play tonight in Philly. Hopefully I get to see it on tv somewhere.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...lol :whistle:

oh you sneaky devil! :high5:

for your game preparations, the lineup:

Andreas Nodl - Danny Briere - Jakub Voracek
Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Tomas Hyka
Max Talbot - Brayden Schenn - Matt Read
Ben Holmstrom - Blair Betts - Jody Shelley

Kimmo Timonen - Erik Gustafsson
Oskars Bartulis - Braydon Coburn
Kevin Marshall - Andrej Meszaros

Ilya Bryzgalov
[Jason Bacashihua]

i'm very pleased to see read getting another game.. i might be most excited to watch him tonight.. good to see schenn, voracek, and gustafsson too.. and so as to not leave him out, i hope bartulis has a better game tonight, he was one of the very few that i thought could've played better last night

also for your viewing pleasure, the game is on Versus

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds caught my eye the most. Fuck Rinaldo. Bob was amazing.

I order my Meszaros jersey last night. Just wanted to share.

niiice.. i'm definitely in the market for jersey #2.. mesz, coburn, jvr, briere, and simmonds are in the running currently

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh you sneaky devil! :high5:

for your game preparations, the lineup:

Andreas Nodl - Danny Briere - Jakub Voracek
Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Tomas Hyka
Max Talbot - Brayden Schenn - Matt Read
Ben Holmstrom - Blair Betts - Jody Shelley

Kimmo Timonen - Erik Gustafsson
Oskars Bartulis - Braydon Coburn
Kevin Marshall - Andrej Meszaros

Ilya Bryzgalov
[Jason Bacashihua]

i'm very pleased to see read getting another game.. i might be most excited to watch him tonight.. good to see schenn, voracek, and gustafsson too.. and so as to not leave him out, i hope bartulis has a better game tonight, he was one of the very few that i thought could've played better last night

also for your viewing pleasure, the game is on Versus

That's a pretty stout defense right there with a lot more scoring punch up front. Toronto better shake things up and bring their A game or it will be another blowout.

I had seen that the game was on Versus, it's just one of those don't believe it until you actually see it type things. I look forward to taping and watching it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty stout defense right there with a lot more scoring punch up front. Toronto better shake things up and bring their A game or it will be another blowout.

I had seen that the game was on Versus, it's just one of those don't believe it until you actually see it type things. I look forward to taping and watching it.

haha fair enough.. and ya, i dont see how toronto can do any better tonight.. its the flyers A squad, plus the good performers from the 'B' squad..

i love hockey, and i'm so excited for this team after watching them last night

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niiice.. i'm definitely in the market for jersey #2.. mesz, coburn, jvr, briere, and simmonds are in the running currently

Simmonds is already impressing me. He could be the forward version of Mez, an unappreciated Man.