• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Australia's Color commentator on The 49ers game. Hilarious

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater goes deeeep ... and bad, the ball lobs into the nothingness of the end zone. And the Vikings will ... punt? No, a field goal. He’s 30-odd yards out ... and it’s good. The kicker’s like a little Hobbit! A tiny little man! He’s a jockey! Ha. Top stuff, Walshy.

Righto, nil-all still in the Big One, 49ers vs Vikings. And there’s another timeout. Vikings with the ball. They make four yards. They have to get another six to make a first down, it’s the laws of the game. But Niners defence belts the running man. And then several of them head off the field. Funny game, National Football League. A sack! The Niners D-people celebrate like they’ve invented penicillin! The Vikings are deep and will punt, meaning...

Here’s the Hayne Plane! His first touch in the NFL. And... he drops it? Oh my goodness me, he drops it! His first touch is a fumble! He’s grassed it. Oh my.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty funny shit here

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FBI agent?

HAHAHAHA

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem that American sports have some of the least exciting commentary of any country. I mean soccer guys are watching a ball go up and down the field for 90 minutes with maybe 1 goal being scored but they can get so excited about that one goal that you can just feel the energy of the stadium in that moment. Instead we get a "Oh that was a nice throw" and that is about it.

What I think would be great is instead of these main groups of commentators they should take one local commentator for each team and stick them in a booth together. There would be fireworks for sure. It gives them the ability to show excitement when their team does well and gives a more interesting perspective on the team that knows them inside and out and actually cares about how they do.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great idea.

They shit themselves over a gooooooal !!!!! because even they can't believe the fucking thing went it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great idea.

They shit themselves over a gooooooal !!!!! because even they can't believe the fucking thing went it.

Well that is true...I coach soccer every year and even when it looks like an easy goal it is amazing how many times they still miss. Heck I get out and play with the kids and take my fair share of shots and man do I suck some days. It is not as easy as it looks.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer would be better if they made the goal smaller and removed the keeper.

imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer would be better if they made the goal smaller and removed the keeper.

imo.

That would definitely be an interesting idea. Biggest problem I see there is in the pros you would see a lot more half field shots trying to make it. There would be a lot less actually having to move into position and do everything perfect to score a goal. Honestly I think the biggest issue is just most in America don't understand international soccer. They enjoy the 1 score games as that is what they have watched all their lives. We have watched sports here in America where they try to do everything to help the offense. Heck even hockey has changed rules lately to help get more goals. We want all the offense we can get. If we grew up though with soccer and the low scoring games I think we would enjoy them more. The more I watch of soccer the more I do find myself enjoying it even if it is a low scoring game.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's more than the lack of scoring. It's that the vast majority of the action doesn't advance the objective of scoring. Esp when the ball is skilfully passed and moved down the field only to have a backfield player clear it out all the way back down the field.

So how about a slightly smaller field and a zone between the 40yd lines that the ball must be touched in before it may be legally advanced the rest of the way down the field.

I know that they're not actually going to change any rules~

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's more than the lack of scoring. It's that the vast majority of the action doesn't advance the objective of scoring. Esp when the ball is skilfully passed and moved down the field only to have a backfield player clear it out all the way back down the field.

So how about a slightly smaller field and a zone between the 40yd lines that the ball must be touched in before it may be legally advanced the rest of the way down the field.

I know that they're not actually going to change any rules~

Yeah I think soccer is here to stay the same as it always has. Part of that is because it is on such a global scale it would be a lot harder to change the rules and get every league across the world on board. With football for the most part it is localized to our country so any rule changes are easier to pass down the ranks.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

I remain disappointed that the USGA has split the rules for amateurs. All her rules used to be the same.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem that American sports have some of the least exciting commentary of any country. I mean soccer guys are watching a ball go up and down the field for 90 minutes with maybe 1 goal being scored but they can get so excited about that one goal that you can just feel the energy of the stadium in that moment. Instead we get a "Oh that was a nice throw" and that is about it.

What I think would be great is instead of these main groups of commentators they should take one local commentator for each team and stick them in a booth together. There would be fireworks for sure. It gives them the ability to show excitement when their team does well and gives a more interesting perspective on the team that knows them inside and out and actually cares about how they do.

I think part of the problem with a good number of American commentators is that they are in the booth because of their name. And second, they spend as much time plugging all kinds of non-relevant BS (whether commercials or shows the network will air later) as on relevant.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the problem with a good number of American commentators is that they are in the booth because of their name. And second, they spend as much time plugging all kinds of non-relevant BS (whether commercials or shows the network will air later) as on relevant.

All good points. Again this is why I would love to see it become a radio or local tv guy for each team sitting in the booth together. There could be some great fireworks especially in those division rivalries. It won't happen but it would definitely produce at least for me something more worth listening to. Instead there are times I would just much rather turn on the local radio while watching it on tv to get some decent commentary on the game even if it is a bit bias.