• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question who think my stance on Murray and Austin stinks. How long would those guys have lasted on a Jimmy Johnson roster before the team moves on? obviously that question can't be answered for certain but I don't believe either guy would likely be employed by this team.:nod:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you wanting to do with Murray?? The offense definitely flows better with him in there. Nothing against Randle because he ran hard yesterday, but he isnt close to Murray in ability IMO. Now Dunbar might be a different story but he has his own problems with injuries and fumbles. I think Miles has a lot to prove this second half of the season. If he doesnt get the job done then he is most likely gone. No team though is gonna want to trade for that contract right now I wouldnt think. Miles Austin still has game to him and Romo has tried to get him involved- its just not happening for him right now. He looks about 75 percent and the only reason he is even out there is because he sees his job in jeopardy. He looks right now like Terry Glenn did at the end of 07- hurt and hanging on. I should love to see 4 wide with 83, 88, 11, 19 as the 4 wide . Im ready to scrap this 12 personell or whatever it is.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As A fan I also understand the business side....My old slogan for my Platoon when I was in the Marines was nothing personal strictly business. If a guy in my Unit or any unit can't get the job done there are a number of guys who are waiting for such an opportunity. I'm more loyal to the team than most players. Their or few exceptions to the rule where players may get a pass because of past performance and consistency.

I understand the business side of things, but some of you guys already want him gone now. The Cowboys need to keep depth at the WR position as much as possible. You never know when Dez might get hurt again. You never know when Harris might pull up limp and have to miss a few games. Who knows, but we just might need Austin down the stretch to help us win the division.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question who think my stance on Murray and Austin stinks. How long would those guys have lasted on a Jimmy Johnson roster before the team moves on? obviously that question can't be answered for certain but I don't believe either guy would likely be employed by this team.:nod:

Longer than you think. Jimmy knew when to make an example out of someone and normally it wasn't someone that was going to help him win games anyway...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask again. Since we are in first place and have a good shot at the playoffs...If we give him time to get healthy, are we a better team with or without Miles?

IMO, we should be letting him get healthy on the bench right now. I'd rather be without an injured Miles for a few games and hope the kids keep playing well and then have a healthy Miles later in the year, than have an injured Miles all year or a late draft pick next year...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longer than you think. Jimmy knew when to make an example out of someone and normally it wasn't someone that was going to help him win games anyway...

Even Jimmy said it that was a star player who fell asleep he never would have cut him. Jimmy flat out said stars got treated differently.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask again. Since we are in first place and have a good shot at the playoffs...If we give him time to get healthy, are we a better team with or without Miles?

IMO, we should be letting him get healthy on the bench right now. I'd rather be without an injured Miles for a few games and hope the kids keep playing well and then have a healthy Miles later in the year, than have an injured Miles all year or a late draft pick next year...

We are definitely better off with a Miles and Murray. I don't see anyone of them exiting this season. This off season though Dallas has to look real close at the time the cannot get on the field and use that in evaluating if they stay or go.

I would give Murray a little extra breathing room because he is a lot younger.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I don't want Miles or Murray gone, however with them constantly being hurt what must one do. Show up to wok once a week and see if you still have a job. Healthy both guys are very Important don't disagree there. I like Murray and Austin BUT THEY'RE NEVER ON THE FILED WHEN WE NEED THEM TO BE! Should I repeat it a thousand times. I'm not a hater of either guy we have a real chance this season. I still have some hope for Murray, but I believe he should be splinting time to preserve himself. I have no faith in Austin......He has probably missed as many games as he has plaid in his career.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that last statement isn't true just be sarcastic a little

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healthy both guys are very Important don't disagree there.

That is exactly the point I have been trying to make to you. Miles is older, has a huge contract, has had an ongoing repeated injury that he can't seem to shake and has younger cheaper guys behind him that are stepping up. That is why I said this is his last chance on this team. But, unless you think we are getting back a starting DB or DL, it will be next season that we will and should bid farewell to him IMO. He is a good player and another team at a smaller $ amount will bring him in for sure if we cut him next year. We have depth at this position and that makes him expendable.

Murray is young, cheap and IMO by FAR our best RB. Our offense is much better with him than without him by a lot. The guys behind him have not shown the ability to play every down and have also been injured. He has another year left on his contract at a very reasonable price. All that points to the fact that doing anything before then with him would to me be a stupid decision. Keeping Murray is both a smart Football decision and a smart business decision. The trade being talked about recently (which I think is a total BS story) would be a horrible move for our team.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree Thats a true point and a good way to look at it.....but if there were truly a team that could challenge for the division title we would need him now. My question is when does his injury's become problematic. I remember 2 yrs ago when we had a chance to beat the Giants and make the playoffs and Austin missed the ball of his finger tips. Had he been healthy and not just coming off of a hamstring injury we win the division.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly the point I have been trying to make to you. Miles is older, has a huge contract, has had an ongoing repeated injury that he can't seem to shake and has younger cheaper guys behind him that are stepping up. That is why I said this is his last chance on this team. But, unless you think we are getting back a starting DB or DL, it will be next season that we will and should bid farewell to him IMO. He is a good player and another team at a smaller $ amount will bring him in for sure if we cut him next year. We have depth at this position and that makes him expendable.

Murray is young, cheap and IMO by FAR our best RB. Our offense is much better with him than without him by a lot. The guys behind him have not shown the ability to play every down and have also been injured. He has another year left on his contract at a very reasonable price. All that points to the fact that doing anything before then with him would to me be a stupid decision. Keeping Murray is both a smart Football decision and a smart business decision. The trade being talked about recently (which I think is a total BS story) would be a horrible move for our team.
I agree on both front's i'm not saying cut the guys now i'm talking come next season.....you have to finish the season with both guys. I think that's where the big misunderstanding lies between us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season I would cut Miles if he doesn't get healthy and become the player that earned that big contract OR if the kids keep improving the way they have. Odds he is cut. We need to chip away at the cap.

Murray - there is no way I do anything on him until after or at least near the end of next season. I don't replace a young kid that could be a top 10 back in the league and I don't extend him until we have to right now. I definitely lean towards resigning him if I HAD TO make a decision today, because I know how good he is, I know he won't command a big $ contract because of the injuries and I don't see anyone I want as our #1 back if he is not here. The last item could change between now and when we need to make a decision on Murray and that would go a long way towards whether of not we resign him - even moreso than the injuries. So, yes he has missed time, but that makes him a heck of a lot cheaper than if he didn't and it doesn't guarantee he'll miss time in the future. Discounts are needed when you are up against the cap.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreeing with that

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with cutting Austin is we just restructured him.

You only save 400,000 cutting him next year.

Im not sure what his roster bonus is but if there isnt one before June 1st and he is cut after that max you save is still less than 4 million.
I see him being gone AFTER next season. But gotta admit our young receivers are looking pretty good. So (at this moment) they would be justified if they decided to go ahead and part pays.

I see nothing I like running back behind Murray. Dunbar looks the best but has fumble issues.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle wasnt bad at all the other day, but there are better out there. Dunbar will be ready to go this week. Im ready to see him in action.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle wasnt bad at all the other day, but there are better out there. Dunbar will be ready to go this week. Im ready to see him in action.

I didn't think he looked worth a shit.

3.4 avg per carry against a piss poor defense?

What's that about 1.2 per carry against a top 15 defense?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said there are better out there meaning that I dont think he is a long term solution.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with cutting Austin is we just restructured him.

You only save 400,000 cutting him next year.

Im not sure what his roster bonus is but if there isnt one before June 1st and he is cut after that max you save is still less than 4 million.
I see him being gone AFTER next season. But gotta admit our young receivers are looking pretty good. So (at this moment) they would be justified if they decided to go ahead and part pays.

I see nothing I like running back behind Murray. Dunbar looks the best but has fumble issues.

I'd guess he is a post 6/1 cut next year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he looked worth a shit.

3.4 avg per carry against a piss poor defense?

What's that about 1.2 per carry against a top 15 defense?

Whats this negative shit?