• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Peay Announces A Visting Game With Alabama In 2022

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Bama fans get seen leaving the stadium before the end of the game.

tenor.gif

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaking my head at Alabama and ANY P5 team (including Iowa State) that schedules FCS games. UConn has all kids of availability! As a matter of fact, UCF just gave them a game in 2021 for a $1 Million guarantee. Why not schedule a soft FBS team instead of an FCS team? Just say no to FCS teams! FWIW, Alabama's other opponents in 2022 are fine: Utah State (MWC), @ Texas (Big Xii) and ULM (Sun Belt).

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaking my head at Alabama and ANY P5 team (including Iowa State) that schedules FCS games. UConn has all kids of availability! As a matter of fact, UCF just gave them a game in 2021 for a $1 Million guarantee. Why not schedule a soft FBS team instead of an FCS team? Just say no to FCS teams! FWIW, Alabama's other opponents in 2022 are fine: Utah State (MWC), @ Texas (Big Xii) and ULM (Sun Belt).
So schedule a soft FBS team like who? Appalachian state, Georgia southern? Well, I bet they wouldn't be FBS now if not for their ability to play up, would they?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So schedule a soft FBS team like who? Appalachian state, Georgia southern? Well, I bet they wouldn't be FBS now if not for their ability to play up, would they?
Yes, both App. State and GA Southern would be much better to schedule than Austin Peay or any FCS team. How about UConn? The Huskies are currently looking to fill schedules at the moment. How about Rice? Would be nice for Alabama to finally beat the Owls after 60 years of festering. lol. How about UAB, Troy or South Alabama (Yes, I know UA is stubborn about that). I am just saying that it doesn't take much more effort to find an FBS team than an FCS team.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, both App. State and GA Southern would be much better to schedule than Austin Peay or any FCS team. How about UConn? The Huskies ate currently looking to fill schedules at the moment. I am just saying that it doesn't take much more effort to find an FBS team than an FCS team.
I'm just saying, what if those teams couldn't schedule FBS games 10 years ago? Where would they be?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, what if those teams couldn't schedule FBS games 10 years ago? Where would they be?
Gotcha! Well, once a team decides to make the jump to FBS, they are a transitional team. I have no issue with that. Alabama played both Georgia State and WKU when they were transitioning.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha! Well, once a team decides to make the jump to FBS, they are a transitional team. I have no issue with that. Alabama played both Georgia State and WKU when they were transitioning.
Yeah, but I would think the big paydays they get from playing fbs teams help them to move up right?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I would think the big paydays they get from playing fbs teams help them to move up right?
I guess. Not Alabama's problem though. Alabama needs to schedule in their interest, and they definitely do not need to be scheduling FCS teams. I am saying this as a part-time Alabama fan who grew up in Birmingham and went to my first CFB Game @ Denny Stadium in 1971. Enough is enough. Before Saban came to Alabama, the Tide had only played a handful of FCS teams, and they were apologetic about it - when they did.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. Not Alabama's problem though. Alabama needs to schedule in their interest, and they definitely do not need to be scheduling FCS teams. I am saying this as a part-time Alabama fan who grew up in Birmingham and went to my first CFB Game @ Denny Stadium in 1971. Enough is enough. Before Saban came to Alabama, the Tide had only played a handful of FCS teams, and they were apologetic about it - when they did.
Well, we all know saban will play anyone, anywhere....

Except UAB....or Troy...or South Alabama. Hell, he's even scared of JSU lol

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Alabama State and Alabama A&M! In this case, I don't think Saban would have any issue playing other Alabama teams. He can win most battles in Tuscaloosa, but the old guard is so entrenched on that issue, that even Saban cannot get his way. They are their own worst enemy. So stubborn and so fanatical on an insignificant issue. Sheesh, they play Alabama teams OOC in all other sports (except for UAB in men's basketball). A little noblesse oblige would go a long way. That is one thing that I respect about Auburn very much (playing other Alabama teams OOC in football)!

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good, we play enough crap teams already, though I like Troy and JSU. But you can have them and pat yourselves on the back at your largesse