• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis today on XM nfl channel

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone find a link and post it? I would love to hear what he has to say. :suds:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I found it!

Rams’ QB Austin Davis Speaks About His First Career Win on SIRIUS XM Radio

By Brandon Bate  Sep 16 2014, 4:21p

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/9/16/ ... career-win

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Rams’ QB Austin Davis joined The Sirius XM Blitz today and answered a few questions about his first career game as a starter, the win, and his future in that role...

Rams’ QB Austin Davis - fresh off his first career win in the NFL - joined Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon on Sirius XM Radio today to talk about last week’s win against the Buccaneers, his chances at starting, and a lot more...

On not turning the ball over and settling in at QB:

I think the biggest completion of the game was the first one. That first drive we got the run game going, I think we had two or three completions. We kind of answered. They went down and scored on the first drive and we went down early, so we really had to answer. I mean after that first drive I really settled in and felt good, and it was just football again.

On how important it was getting reps before Buccaneers game:

Obviously last week was a whole different animal...to get tossed into not the best of situations. For your first time to play, it’s not ideal. This week getting all the reps, and kind of preparing...just really getting in and out of the huddle and operation...to get those reps was huge.

On whether or not HE thinks he deserves another shot as starting QB:

I think if my number’s called, I’ll go in and play. If my position is to be the backup, I’ll be the backup. The beauty of it for me is that’s not my decision, so I don’t have to worry about it. I just have to do my job, and Coach Fisher has been very up front that if Shaun is healthy, he’s our starter...and I respect that.

Did the game plan change and did you have to spend additional time with Schotty:

One of the benefits of being here for three years is we didn’t necessarily have to do that. I’m very comfortable with this offense. There’s not a play we can call that I don’t know. I may have not ran in a live regular season game, but I do know the play and I’ve probably repped it once or twice.

On unfamiliar defensive looks and being uncomfortable:

The goal is to recognize we’ve got certain plays for certain looks. What are my check-downs? What are my answers? Coach Cignetti and Coach Schottenheimer are always coaching us "don’t make a bad play worse." And not necessarily the perfect coverage for the perfect play has to be a bad play, but it can be if you don’t recognize it and get the ball to a check-down...sometimes incompletions are the best thing on the table.

There’s more, but I don’t want to spoil all the fun. The full audio...
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/9/16/ ... career-win
If you can not see this chirbit, listen to it here Chirbit - Davis_9.16.14 - jfaron - share audio easily

Check this out on Chirbit

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis knows the offense better than Hill. He's faster than Hill and thus far, he's made more money throws than Hill.

4th quarter comebacks for W's are pretty dam good on the road. If Fisher sits this kid, he's putting himself in position to be the dog of this franchise and won't last very long.. and frankly, if he's that big of an idiot he needs to go.

How many 4th Quarter comebacks does Hill have?

Good stuff Jacob.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis knows the offense better than Hill. He's faster than Hill and thus far, he's made more money throws than Hill.

4th quarter comebacks for W's are pretty dam good on the road. If Fisher sits this kid, he's putting himself in position to be the dog of this franchise and won't last very long.. and frankly, if he's that big of an idiot he needs to go.

Rightly said!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many 4th Quarter comebacks does Hill have?

Good stuff Jacob.

I agree SJ76. Fisher is rapidly becoming a complete idiot and if continues down this road along with Snead drafting boneheaded players, the whole FO should be shown the door.:agree:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill has 4 comebacks in the 4th Q? Interesting.

Snake Eyes - did you see how good Kyrie Irving looked in the finals vs. Serbia? Think he had 18 at half and was shooting 60% behind the arc.

Not a Cleveland fan, but I was impressed. It will interesting to see if the Cleveland players can be unselfish and get it done. I surely hope not. ;) I hope Derrick Rose comes back strong.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the kids fire, its something this team hasnt seen in a loong time. As fans, we can only hope that this rubs off on the rest of the team. I too believe Fisher is making a mistake. Start the kid! I think Fisher just needs to see Hill struggle one more time then the team will belong to Austin. Fisher must still not be convinced that Austin is the guy. Also, whomever our qb is, our o-line has to give the poor sap some time. The Minesota game, neither qb had time at all! Its time our o-line does something! Dallas will be a test.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the kids fire, its something this team hasnt seen in a loong time. As fans, we can only hope that this rubs off on the rest of the team. I too believe Fisher is making a mistake. Start the kid! I think Fisher just needs to see Hill struggle one more time then the team will belong to Austin. Fisher must still not be convinced that Austin is the guy. Also, whomever our qb is, our o-line has to give the poor sap some time. The Minesota game, neither qb had time at all! Its time our o-line does something! Dallas will be a test.

Yep, Zeke. I love Davis' fire, his leadership ability, his arm strength, his quick down-field decision making on the run, and his mobility. His accuracy needs work but that would come from playing time in game situations. Not sitting on the freakin' bench watching an over-the-hill toad. :gaah:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snake Eyes - did you see how good Kyrie Irving looked in the finals vs. Serbia? Think he had 18 at half and was shooting 60% behind the arc.

Not a Cleveland fan, but I was impressed. It will interesting to see if the Cleveland players can be unselfish and get it done. I surely hope not. ;) Derrick Rose comes back strong.

Yeah, there has been talk of Irving's game improving this offseason. This tournament was a showcase of how his game has improved. I thought the kid's game regressed some last year, not to mention, he had a chance to establish himself the leader of the team and didn't. What can you say though, not everyone is cut out to be a leader. Now with LeBron and KLove there, it takes the pressure of him and lets him play his game and continue to evolve his game. We are going to be a beast offensively, average defensively and it will take some time to gel, but we will contend and provide some great games, maybe we will be the greatest show on the court. Ha!

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Zeke. I love Davis' fire, his leadership ability, his arm strength, his quick down-field decision making on the run, and his mobility. His accuracy needs work but that would come from playing time in game situations. Not sitting on the freakin' bench watching an over-the-hill toad. :gaah:

It was nice to see the kid making some nice down the field throws, we usually just dink and dunk.