• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta - We Need This One

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in the playoffs no matter what but that first round bye would really help. Our bye week was a long time ago and I think a little extra rest would help.

Most likely we will be without Steve Smith, personally if he REALLY wants to play, I don't think anything could stop him but looking ahead, we'll need him at 100% for the playoffs so don't risk him. Colin Cole and Jonathan Stewart are also not practicing but they are not the worst losses we could suffer. Atlanta has several players of their injury report but the only one of note is Gonzalez who is limited in practice. There is no way I see him missing what will probably be his last NFL game.

Atlanta should come out hungry. This is a division game and they hate losing to Carolina. Last year we took away some of their momentum late in the season. So they might want a little payback and a chance to play spoiler. We also gave away a game in Atlanta. They probably would like to send Gonzalez out on a little higher note than what they have done this season. So I expect the Falcons to come out swinging with everything they got. I see our best bet as being to get up by 2 scores early. If we do that we can take the crowd out of the game. The Panthers have done a good job of going on the road and taking care of business against lesser teams this season. We'll need to do it again.

The one thing that has worried me since we got on the winning streak and became playoff contenders is one of our early season losses coming back to bite us late. Losing to Atlanta means we could fall all the way to the 6th spot (our loss+SEA loss+SF Win+NO Win). A win means we win our division and with a little help (SEA loss+SF win) means we get the #1 spot in the NFC. All we can do is win and see what develops.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see the Panthers winning this game. ATL's O-line is an absolute Tire fire. A little heat on Ryan and the Panthers create some TO's. They are Pros and still an NFC Div opponent. And they don't care about the Panthers. So they may have a little success early. Smitty not playing is a good rest for him. He was actually running in a pool today. Remarkable. Go Panthers!

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in the playoffs no matter what but that first round bye would really help. Our bye week was a long time ago and I think a little extra rest would help.

(1) Most likely we will be without Steve Smith, personally if he REALLY wants to play, I don't think anything could stop him but looking ahead, we'll need him at 100% for the playoffs so don't risk him. Colin Cole and Jonathan Stewart are also not practicing but they are not the worst losses we could suffer. Atlanta has several players of their injury report but the only one of note is Gonzalez who is limited in practice. There is no way I see him missing what will probably be his last NFL game.

(2) Atlanta should come out hungry. This is a division game and they hate losing to Carolina. Last year we took away some of their momentum late in the season. So they might want a little payback and a chance to play spoiler. We also gave away a game in Atlanta. They probably would like to send Gonzalez out on a little higher note than what they have done this season. So I expect the Falcons to come out swinging with everything they got. I see our best bet as being to get up by 2 scores early. If we do that we can take the crowd out of the game. The Panthers have done a good job of going on the road and taking care of business against lesser teams this season. We'll need to do it again.

(3) The one thing that has worried me since we got on the winning streak and became playoff contenders is one of our early season losses coming back to bite us late. Losing to Atlanta means we could fall all the way to the 6th spot (our loss+SEA loss+SF Win+NO Win). A win means we win our division and with a little help (SEA loss+SF win) means we get the #1 spot in the NFC. All we can do is win and see what develops.

(1) So who moves to the #1? Lafell?

(2) I'm hoping the team watched MNF - no way you can go to sleep on ATL. They could easily have beaten the Niners, if not for that late miscue with the INT.

(3) I'm worried about the O. It's just been too streaky, and you don't know which unit is going to show up week-to-week. We had very little continuity between the first drive and the last one Sunday. Cam was sailing balls again, though that may have been due to being banged up.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Rivera gave them their motivation when he showed them it would be in teens or 20's in
Green Bay and Chicago.
Gentlemen lose and we play at one of those places next week. Win and we are off next week.

That is massive motivation..
Here's to TDs instead of FGs.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, you got it! Actually rooting for you guys. Rather you guys win the division over the Saints.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons suck this year. If you guys can't beat them at home you don't deserve a bye in the playoffs.

Our OL is pathetic. Your DL is outstanding. Like I said, if you can't win this game you aren't going very far in the playoffs.

The Panthers should win this game easily by at least 14.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You gave SFO a he'll of a game last week and they are playing great right now.
You have much more talent thn your record suggests. It's just been one of dem years for ya.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gave SFO a he'll of a game last week and they are playing great right now.
You have much more talent thn your record suggests. It's just been one of dem years for ya.

Smith and the coaches FINALLY changed up the play calling to allow Ryan to get rid of the ball quick. And the defense played much better than usual. That's the reasons we were in that game.

You've got the best LB crew in the NFL. You need to stuff our receivers and get in their faces. You're coaches know this so you should beat us by 2 TD's. Put 8 in the box and bring the pressure. Our defense won't hold up for 2 weeks in a row, especially if you exploit it by beating up on the 6 or 7 rookies by targeting them.

Beating the Falcons is a walk in the park for a talented team. The Niners just showed the world that they aren't all that great. If they play a playoff team like did against us they'll get smoked. The Niners have their work cut out for them.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Geneh.
If you are so inclined, we welcome you as a fan throughout the playoffs.
You know of what you speak..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) So who moves to the #1? Lafell?

(2) I'm hoping the team watched MNF - no way you can go to sleep on ATL. They could easily have beaten the Niners, if not for that late miscue with the INT.

(3) I'm worried about the O. It's just been too streaky, and you don't know which unit is going to show up week-to-week. We had very little continuity between the first drive and the last one Sunday. Cam was sailing balls again, though that may have been due to being banged up.

1. Ted Ginn will start for Smith. so maybe some deep shots early.

2. fact is Rodney White is finally healthy and making some plays and they stopped calling deep drops and used a short controlled passing attack. the kept SF from getting pressure and was able to get some things going against thier secondary. we should be prepared for that too.

3. look everyone can see Cams ankle is bothering him. he has not been able to step into any of his throws last 2 weeks. thats why he has been so off. we need to run the ball a bit better and more often to keep him from having to run. but we need to win so he has a week off to get healthy. is we play wildcard i dont like our chances cause he is banged up. if you cant steep into your throws you loose accuracy on intermediate throws. and thats where we need to eat teams up in the playoffs.