• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta@GB

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. 2 starting WOs out and the offense keeps rolling. Whatever Rodgers looked at when he was playing like a MVP is working like a champ.

The defense is another story. One second they are getting back to back 3 and outs and the next they let Atlanta’s offense put a 20 play drive together starting from their 2 yard line. I suppose only giving up 3 points is a win. I will say GB is probably the worst tackling defense in the league. Once again they had multiple missed tackles. They did manage to keep Matt Ryan and the offense to 16 points so...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. 2 starting WOs out and the offense keeps rolling. Whatever Rodgers looked at when he was playing like a MVP is working like a champ.

The defense is another story. One second they are getting back to back 3 and outs and the next they let Atlanta’s offense put a 20 play drive together starting from their 2 yard line. I suppose only giving up 3 points is a win. I will say GB is probably the worst tackling defense in the league. Once again they had multiple missed tackles. They did manage to keep Matt Ryan and the offense to 16 points so...
The Packers D was configured to keep everything in front of them... no deep shots. Matt Ryan recognized that and barely tried big plays - just went straight to the checkdowns. As long as Atlanta didn't make mistakes (penalties/bad throws/dropped passes), they could move the ball a few yards at a time - and that's what they did on that long drive. I don't hate playing D that way because it puts pressure on offenses to play mistake free football, but I don't love it either because it's passive football and championship teams stay aggressive. I would've liked to see a bit more pressure put on Ryan last night... He was clearly not at the top of his game and was susceptible to big mistakes.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers really looks great this season.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers really looks great this season.
The biggest difference is that he's getting the ball out of his hands quickly. He's quicker because he's more decisive. He's more decisive because he knows where guys are going to be and trusts them to be where he needs them to be. The trust was built by working with LaFleur in the offseason to craft a playbook and game plans together.

...And drafting Love lit a fire under his ass... ...I called that one the moment it happened...

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1601995610987.png

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference is that he's getting the ball out of his hands quickly. He's quicker because he's more decisive. He's more decisive because he knows where guys are going to be and trusts them to be where he needs them to be. The trust was built by working with LaFleur in the offseason to craft a playbook and game plans together.

...And drafting Love lit a fire under his ass... ...I called that one the moment it happened...
Yea, I’m guessing that put the chip back on his shoulder. I think we will see what this team is made of after the bye when they play Tampa and San Fran.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I’m guessing that put the chip back on his shoulder. I think we will see what this team is made of after the bye when they play Tampa and San Fran.
The Packers have played rather poorly in California throughout Rodgers' tenure. Just playing average in Cali would be an improvement there. I can't say SF is a great barometer of this team, though, because SF is down a bunch of key pieces. We'll see what that team looks like in November.

I'm curious to see how Tampa handles Chicago before we see them. At this moment, I still consider Tampa a pretender.

The two games I have circled on the calendar are Colts and Titans. Colts have the best D in the league and the Titans are legit AFC contenders.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok a question for the group?

Ok so the Pack failed in 4th and goal from the 1. The quetion I have is the play before that as I think they should have challenged that catch I think by Shepard. It looked to me in the one replay that as he was sliding on his back he was sliding right down the length of the goal line and as he held the all on his chest is looked to me to be on top of the goal line. It looked to me that the ball crossed the plain of the goal line.

Did anyone else have the same thoughts at all or was it just me?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok so the Pack failed in 4th and goal from the 1. The quetion I have is the play before that as I think they should have challenged that catch I think by Shepard. It looked to me in the one replay that as he was sliding on his back he was sliding right down the length of the goal line and as he held the all on his chest is looked to me to be on top of the goal line. It looked to me that the ball crossed the plain of the goal line.

I thought that as well but I’m guessing it was to close for ML to challenge and the only other way that gets reviewed is if they called it a TD.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have played rather poorly in California throughout Rodgers' tenure. Just playing average in Cali would be an improvement there. I can't say SF is a great barometer of this team, though, because SF is down a bunch of key pieces. We'll see what that team looks like in November.

I'm curious to see how Tampa handles Chicago before we see them. At this moment, I still consider Tampa a pretender.

The two games I have circled on the calendar are Colts and Titans. Colts have the best D in the league and the Titans are legit AFC contenders.
Oh, there are other games like the ones you mentioned that will be a test. With SF’s injuries I think the test will be more for GB’s defense than the offense but for whatever reason SF had GB’s number last year so I think it will still be a test.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shepard did secure the catch and was sliding across the goal line. The ball did cross the plane, but I thought the defender touched him before he got there. I thought it was appropriate to not challenge that play and appropriate to go for it on 4th & 1.