• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Athlon's Top 25 Heisman Trophy candidates-2013

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now for the real list. Putting aside prejudices, the winner will be someone from a team that's successful for at least the last half of the season. He will be perceived as one of the charismatic leaders of the team.

Ohio State is very likely to have a good season if not a great season. Braxton Miller will be there.

Same thing with Alabama. McCarron will also be a finalist.

Clowney needs media support. If the media thinks it's cool to have a defensive player win, then he will be a player.

Clemson would need to be at least 11-1 for Boyd to be noticed. Same thing with Georgia and Aaron Murray.

Teddy Bridgewater is a good dark horse.

Johnny Football. The media might decide not to give him a second trophy. However, if he lights it up like last year, he should make the final 4.

The rest of the players might be good, but not likely to contend.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six months from Thursday, we take down the Bucks.
And since I am in homer mode, Melvin Gordon is more likely to win the Heisman than at least fifteen people on this list. If he is our feature back, his numbers will be huge. He'll be less consistent than Montee, but he is much more of a home run threat.

There's a volleyball game scheduled for that date?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
725053.jpg

Would.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron's mom fer Heisman!

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney owns Boyd. Just saying.

^^^This.

JD's odds are pretty good for a defensive end, but I think it would be hard for him to pull it off - he's going to see a lot more doubles on him next year, and Chaz Sutton (his talented backup) will be rotating over to the other side to take Devin Taylor's spot. Clowney will have less plays/series off, I think. He's got a pretty good shot at that NFL #1, though, which is what I'd really like to see, tbh.

McCarron has a good shot. Tajh will doubtless put up good numbers against those ACC defenses, Manziel won't have Luke Joeckel in front of him, and won't be taking anyone by surprise this year, and those odds on Miller can't possibly be from Vegas.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that ye fellers really need to take into consideration is the fact that Nebraska's schedule next season is a cake walk......

We have UCLA at home, but then after that we don't play anyone until we meet up with Michigan about 2 1/2 months later. Nebraska could very well be undefeated going into that game and Taylor Martinez could be leading in many statistical categories.

Nebraska returns nearly all of its Offensive contributors from last season. Taylor is a serious darkhorse contender simply because of the fact that he won't have Ohio State or Wisconsin to deal with during the regular season.