• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At the 2/3 mark

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're hanging in there, leading the Central by a half game over the Tribe and Twins. We're on a pace to win 37/38 games, altho as I've pointed out in other posts, the schedule is going to get much tougher in the final couple of weeks.

Be honest here, while we all thought anything was possible in this wacky season in a wacky year, did anyone think at the start of the campaign that 2/3 along the way, we'd be up there battling for the Central lead? And we were all ecstatic that they expanded the amount of playoff teams from 5 to 8 - yet at least at this point, we don't even need the expanded number. I like that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're hanging in there, leading the Central by a half game over the Tribe and Twins. We're on a pace to win 37/38 games, altho as I've pointed out in other posts, the schedule is going to get much tougher in the final couple of weeks.

Be honest here, while we all thought anything was possible in this wacky season in a wacky year, did anyone think at the start of the campaign that 2/3 along the way, we'd be up there battling for the Central lead? And we were all ecstatic that they expanded the amount of playoff teams from 5 to 8 - yet at least at this point, we don't even need the expanded number. I like that.

Before all the Covid bullshit I pegged them as a wild card team (with only 2 WCs of course). But happy to see them battling for the division.

This year is weird, it's hard to really draw conclusions with 60 games. Regular years always have teams look great after 60 but by year end they've faded. It's a dress rehearsal kind of year.

But better to look good for 60 than bad. You can see they've arrived, legit hitters at every position, 2 aces and some rising other starters, a good pen. The window is open, it's a young team, so maybe for 4-5 years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before all the Covid bullshit I pegged them as a wild card team (with only 2 WCs of course). But happy to see them battling for the division.

This year is weird, it's hard to really draw conclusions with 60 games. Regular years always have teams look great after 60 but by year end they've faded. It's a dress rehearsal kind of year.

But better to look good for 60 than bad. You can see they've arrived, legit hitters at every position, 2 aces and some rising other starters, a good pen. The window is open, it's a young team, so maybe for 4-5 years.

You're being modest. You were the ONLY poster in here who had us pre-covid in the playoffs. Pepperidge Fahm remembahs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was within the range of potential outcomes, sure. That being said - would I have bet a substantial amount of money on us leading the Central heading into the stretch run? Even in a 60 game season? Hell no.

It is both a blessing and a curse that the White Sox turning the corner has happened during 2020. I'll get real for a moment.

Like many, many people (so many have it worse than my privileged ass)... It has given me a massive bright spot every evening for 2 months within a year that has been a damn struggle. Losing my Uncle (Just 67 went golfing with him a month prior - Young by today's standards) to the virus. My mom's eye is fucked up and needs a corneal transplant as a result of having had the virus. I had an awesome job training athletes in Detroit, but their gyms have been shut down since late March. Forced me to relocate (along with my classes I was taking - leave a girlfriend, too) to the south where I could find a decent job along the same lines and be close to my mom/sis in South Carolina. Burn all my savings keeping things afloat. Help support them. Them help me, too.

This year has literally been so fucking weird. It all flies by like a dream. But once the White Sox started playing baseball games, it brought a sense of normalcy. Then, when they went on a run? It's just been awesome. A light at the end of the tunnel. Watching Robert, Eloy, Giolito's no-no, Cease's development, etc. It's an awesome escape.

But... the curse? Man, how awesome would it be if they were doing it in front of a packed house on the south side right now? I know we don't always pack it in, but we do for a winner. We sure as hell would for this bunch. It would be a party most every summer night. Imagine these walk-off winners, mammoth HR's, and insane plays by Robert in CF... but in a packed Guaranteed Rate? Maybe even you being there. Man, it sucks.

Not only that, but even if you win this title. The critics can dismiss it so easily. It was a 60 game season with weird rules and a weird format. We would basically have to repeat just to legitimize what we did. lol.

Whatever man, the best part? These young kids? They haven't even SCRATCHED what they can be yet. Robert, Eloy, Moncada (clearly playing horribly hurt/ill), Cease, Giolito, etc. You see they're good. But they're still flawed.

This team is going to be a force for a long, long time. Guys. I am telling you. When the 2020's are over? They'll fuckin know who we are.

LET'S WIN THE WHOLE FUCKIN THING!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team the White Sox don't measure up to on paper is the Dodgers. A Dodgers/White Sox world series would be revenge for 1959. Yahoo.....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a full season the Sox would be on a pace for 101 wins.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3