• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AT&T Stadium Gameday Traffic

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, I was wondering if you all might be able to provide me with some insight into game days for the Cowboys? I am flying out with my uncle who is a die hard Cowboy fan for the Home Opener against the 49ers. We are looking at hotels right now and were wondering how driving to and from games are? We are looking at staying at hotels closer to the airport since they are cheaper and we have to fly out early Monday morning. Is traffic really bad or is it reasonable getting in and out of there from around DFW airport on game days? We plan on going early about 3-4 hours before kick off to maybe tail gate but also to walk around that stadium and take it all in. I am sure leaving early to the stadium is always best but just wanted to get your thoughts on that time frame.

Is there cash parking lots you can park in or do I need to buy a pass beforehand? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this will be his first game ever there and I want to make sure it's a good time.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take a cab ....

Parking cost too much ....

and if you stay in a hotel near the airport .... driving is going to take hours because of the traffic

2-3 hours? LOL If you are lucky go 8-10 hours early

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, I was wondering if you all might be able to provide me with some insight into game days for the Cowboys? I am flying out with my uncle who is a die hard Cowboy fan for the Home Opener against the 49ers. We are looking at hotels right now and were wondering how driving to and from games are? We are looking at staying at hotels closer to the airport since they are cheaper and we have to fly out early Monday morning. Is traffic really bad or is it reasonable getting in and out of there from around DFW airport on game days? We plan on going early about 3-4 hours before kick off to maybe tail gate but also to walk around that stadium and take it all in. I am sure leaving early to the stadium is always best but just wanted to get your thoughts on that time frame.

Is there cash parking lots you can park in or do I need to buy a pass beforehand? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this will be his first game ever there and I want to make sure it's a good time.

You will have zero issues if you plan on being AT the stadium 3 hours before kick off to enjoy some Texas Tailgating and Jerry World. Shouldn't take you 30 minutes hotel to parking lot as long as you're looking at being there as early as you say.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the hotels I have been also looking at are within a 10 mile radius from the stadium and say with current traffic it would take only 16-20 min. Just wondering how that translates on game days getting in. I already know Post Game there will be traffic no matter what and I am not really worried about that. Just trying to get an idea of whether I am better off staying at a hotel a bit further for less money and drive to the game or paying the premium for a room within walking distance of the stadium.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the hotels I have been also looking at are within a 10 mile radius from the stadium and say with current traffic it would take only 16-20 min. Just wondering how that translates on game days getting in. I already know Post Game there will be traffic no matter what and I am not really worried about that. Just trying to get an idea of whether I am better off staying at a hotel a bit further for less money and drive to the game or paying the premium for a room within walking distance of the stadium.

It's like Pday said ..... go early .... if you wait thinking you can make it in 30 minutes .... you're gonna miss the game.
I actually think he is being modest when he says 2-3 hours early .... cause thats borderline depending on who we are playing

Get caught in that traffic .... or worse ... a wreck :L

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be honest with you ...... best way to do it is buy the package deal and get the shuttle service to and from the game