• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At home to play the defending AL Champs Royals

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing shouldn't be a problem once he's healed.

I hope you're right. It's funny. I was never that high on Profar and was a lot more willing to trade him than most. Now, I'm hoping his career isn't ruined so that he can take the spot of the player who has a contract that I was happy the Rangers gave him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god that behemoth of a woman wasn't out there tonight.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. It's funny. I was never that high on Profar and was a lot more willing to trade him than most. Now, I'm hoping his career isn't ruined so that he can take the spot of the player who has a contract that I was happy the Rangers gave him.

Gotta find someone to trade him to.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't seen it mentioned, but Gallardo with a very nice game tonight.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Beltre can heal up.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some help form San Fran would be appreciated. SD is beating SEA, OAK lost, and some help from COL would be nice (doubt it).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about EA + for Tulo. He wants out in a big way. His durability is the issue.

Only way they do that is if we're eating a huge chunk of his salary.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz is one RBI short of winning the triple crown if the season ended today. No way he keeps his AVG that high for much longer. He's due for a long drought.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about EA + for Tulo. He wants out in a big way. His durability is the issue.

Tulo wants out as soon his team starts losing. And as you stated he is injured quite often. Colorado should have traded him and CarGo a few years back for a boat load of players. I have family in Colorado and many fans do not care for Tulo.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulo wants out as soon his team starts losing. And as you stated he is injured quite often. Colorado should have traded him and CarGo a few years back for a boat load of players. I have family in Colorado and many fans do not care for Tulo.

The Rockies have been losers for 4 straight seasons. Perhaps it's understandable he'd want to try to get himself into a better position, from a franchise standpoint. And if he does indeed desire this, can't imagine he'd want to come here, nor why we'd want him.

The following info came from Joel Sherman, of the NY Post:

Sherman lists the Padres, Mets, Pirates and Mariners as speculative teams with needs at the shortstop position, adding that the Yankees remain unlikely to make a play for Tulowitzki. The Yankees, according to Sherman, are emphasizing defense and to limit long-term risk. Some scouts and officials to whom Sherman has spoken feel that Tulowitzki may not be long for shortstop given his age and history with injuries.

That last line could be a real problem for a lot of teams going forward.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at today's Astros and today's Rangers, did we run the wrong guy out of town?

Sherrington: Now, Nolan Ryan didn't have anything to do with that team the Astros have assembled. That was all Jeff Luhnow, just as most of the moves on those World Series teams were Jon Daniels'. The Astros benefitted from all those years finishing at the bottom of MLB and piling up all those premium draft picks. The Rangers were not in the same position with five 89-plus win seasons. Having said that, they haven't done a good job through the draft in Daniels' 10 years. Even with injuries, not much to show for it. He's done much better with international free agents and low-risk, high-reward deals.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockies have been losers for 4 straight seasons. Perhaps it's understandable he'd want to try to get himself into a better position, from a franchise standpoint. And if he does indeed desire this, can't imagine he'd want to come here, nor why we'd want him.

The following info came from Joel Sherman, of the NY Post:

Sherman lists the Padres, Mets, Pirates and Mariners as speculative teams with needs at the shortstop position, adding that the Yankees remain unlikely to make a play for Tulowitzki. The Yankees, according to Sherman, are emphasizing defense and to limit long-term risk. Some scouts and officials to whom Sherman has spoken feel that Tulowitzki may not be long for shortstop given his age and history with injuries.

That last line could be a real problem for a lot of teams going forward.

You would have to understand Tulo since the beginning. He was to be the leader in the clubhouse and failed. Helton remained the leader until he retired. He is a prima donna or however you spell it. He would be like having another Texiera/A-Rod. Like a spoiled kid on your team. He is the exact opposite of Beltre. He has great tools but I would not care for him and he has worn on many fans in Colorado.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to understand Tulo since the beginning. He was to be the leader in the clubhouse and failed. Helton remained the leader until he retired. He is a prima donna or however you spell it. He would be like having another Texiera/A-Rod. Like a spoiled kid on your team. He is the exact opposite of Beltre. He has great tools but I would not care for him and he has worn on many fans in Colorado.

You're not the first to imply he has a sense of entitlement about himself. And your family has first hand, eyes-on experience with him too.

Now Helton, great guy and not a real bad QB back in his Volunteer days.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at today's Astros and today's Rangers, did we run the wrong guy out of town?

Sherrington: Now, Nolan Ryan didn't have anything to do with that team the Astros have assembled. That was all Jeff Luhnow, just as most of the moves on those World Series teams were Jon Daniels'. The Astros benefitted from all those years finishing at the bottom of MLB and piling up all those premium draft picks. The Rangers were not in the same position with five 89-plus win seasons. Having said that, they haven't done a good job through the draft in Daniels' 10 years. Even with injuries, not much to show for it. He's done much better with international free agents and low-risk, high-reward deals.

No, and that notion is preposterous.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not the first to imply he has a sense of entitlement about himself. And your family has first hand, eyes-on experience with him too.

Now Helton, great guy and not a real bad QB back in his Volunteer days.

LOL! I did not connect the dots on that now did I? But you are correct on Helton.