• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros Series...Blah, Blah, Blah

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe this is bullshit.

Unless Lewis is put on the IL, I will completely see this as the team not wanting to take a risk to win a game. I would find it hard to believe that he somehow agitated his knee issue by merely swinging a bat. I actually hadn't seen any of his ABs live, so I don't really know, but if the team doesn't feel comfortable putting him in a possible game winning situation, why is he even on the roster?

I can tell you why! So he can hit well enough to give us some excitement for next year when he's fully healthy! Always next year, right?
He looks like he can barely jog and you can see it hurts. The guy needs a pinch runner that stands behind the catcher that runs when he hits the ball. I can see why others are worried. I just hope that they are being cautious but we'll see over the next month or so really.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like he can barely jog and you can see it hurts. The guy needs a pinch runner that stands behind the catcher that runs when he hits the ball. I can see why others are worried. I just hope that they are being cautious but we'll see over the next month or so really.
It hurts me to see him jog to 1B. He isn't dogging it, the legs just aren't there. Poor kid.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he was only making $735K this year. So if they sign him now, they are buying out his three arb years plus 2 free agent years with a 5 year deal. How much can he go up next year in arb? I am thinking the 5/$75 is fair. JP got 5/$51M and he was making $575K then $2.05M then $4.85M before the extension.

You forgot White...lol.
I think 5/75 is very fair, I was more just thinking maybe his agent would want more…but your point and my question is what could his arbitration number really get up to that his agent could say no to. I saw you wrote it may be hard so I am just curious as to why. At a minimum the organization should buy out the remaining 3 years to show other agents around the league you can come to Seattle. If you can’t buy bats at least spend on your own IMO.

Lol yeah my bad. I forgot all about White, which could’ve been a big strike against Jerry being able to go over the top outbidding in FA.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis has an entire year to rehab and rest and 8 or so at bats wear him out to the point he cannot pinch hit for 1 single at bat to win us a game ?
If he is that frail, why even have him playing ?
Problem with Lewis’ rehab is we literally have no what was done. Jerry has alluded Kyle not taking it seriously and thought he should’ve ready for opening day. Lewis camp for some reason doesn’t trust the Mariners so he went out on his own so the timetable isn’t clear. There is a rift between the two which I’m guessing that Lewis has trusted the doctors and he reinjured twice. He should be the DH, but in no way does a DH get a day off. Go make your ab then go back in the tunnel and do therapy.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go make your ab then go back in the tunnel and do therapy.
THIS ^

Kirk Gibson became a legend coming off the bench in a pinch hitting scenario ( walk off HR for LA win ) and HE COULD BARELY WALK TO THE BATTERS BOX and limped all the way around the bases after his HR.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5/75 is very fair, I was more just thinking maybe his agent would want more
Agents always want more...lol. But I can't see him averaging $15M a year for the next 5 years through Arb or even close to it based on his current deal. Devers is probably my closest example of how the salary goes up. Devers is 2 years younger but in 2019 he made $614.5K then in 2021 made $4.575M then in 2022 makes $11.2M. At that rate it would take a bit for France to get to an average of $15M per year for 5 years so I think that 5/$75M is good for him and shows good faith by Mariners.