• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Associated Press All-Pro: Iupati, Al. Smith, Willis, Bowman, Goldson, Lee 1st team

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, we dominated this. Better get the Super Bowl though or its all going to be for nothing

yep, we're built for NOW, no doubt.

i'd think next season we'd be very good too, but the following season is where the free agency hits more.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Safeties seem to often be judged primarily on big plays, rather than solid performance. No safety will ever get much credit for being a good cover guy, for instance.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Smith gets votes at defensive end and defensive tackle, again | ProFootballTalk

This year, the inability of pro football writers to understand which position a high-profile pro football player plays may have kept Smith off the first team. Smith qualified for the second team at both the defensive end and defensive tackle positions.

If all of the defensive tackle votes had been cast the right way, Smith may have had enough votes to overcome Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake on the first team.

UPDATE 12:13 p.m. ET: Justin Smith received six votes at end and 17 at tackle, for 23 total votes. That wouldn’t have been enough to overcome Wake, who had 27.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Justin Smith is boss...

Word.
stheboss.jpg

...Justin is!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
so 27 positions on the All-pro' team?

22 starters... a kicker, a punter, a return man, a special teams kickoff coverage guy....

Who's the other one? A long-snapper?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so 27 positions on the All-pro' team?

22 starters... a kicker, a punter, a return man, a special teams kickoff coverage guy....

Who's the other one? A long-snapper?

This is for the 1st team:

1 QB
2 RBs
1 FB
1 TE
2 WRs
5 OL (2 Ts, 2 Gs, 1 C)
K
KR

Total - 14

2 DEs
2 DTs
2 OLBs
2 MLBs/ILBs
2 CBs
2 S
1 P

Total - 13

This can change depending on ties, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watt, Peterson unanimous All-Pros; Calvin Johnson near miss - Yahoo! Sports

But Johnson is one short of unanimous. He was not named by Tim Ryan, wh is an analyst for FOX Sports and Sirius Radio.

"Of course he had a great year and he is a great receiver, but I look at more than statistics and I thought a couple of other receivers had a better season, Brandon Marshall and A.J. Green," Ryan told The Sports Xchange.

"Johnson was targeted a lot and was often the only thing the Lions had going, but he also dropped a lot of passes and they did lose 12 games. I felt Marshall helped Chicago win games and Green helped Cincinnati win games. I think that is more important than statistics."

Ha.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Watt, Peterson unanimous All-Pros; Calvin Johnson near miss - Yahoo! Sports

But Johnson is one short of unanimous. He was not named by Tim Ryan, wh is an analyst for FOX Sports and Sirius Radio.

"Of course he had a great year and he is a great receiver, but I look at more than statistics and I thought a couple of other receivers had a better season, Brandon Marshall and A.J. Green," Ryan told The Sports Xchange.

"Johnson was targeted a lot and was often the only thing the Lions had going, but he also dropped a lot of passes and they did lose 12 games. I felt Marshall helped Chicago win games and Green helped Cincinnati win games. I think that is more important than statistics."

Ha.

This should disqualify him not only from voting but from even watching football. He shouldn't even be allowed to check the scores until 48 hours after the games are over.