• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Associated Press All-Pro: Iupati, Al. Smith, Willis, Bowman, Goldson, Lee 1st team

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All-Pro Team headlined by Adrian Peterson, J.J. Watt - NFL.com

(Number of 1st team votes out of a possible 50 and position rank)

First team All-Pro: Mike Iupati (38 - 1st place), Aldon Smith (47 - 2nd place, 1 vote behind Miller), Patrick Willis (30 - 1st place), NaVorro Bowman (26 - 2nd place), Dashon Goldson (20 - 2nd place), Andy Lee (24 - 1st place).

Second team All-Pro: Joe Staley (11 votes - 4th place), Justin Smith (DE) (6 - 3rd place), Justin Smith (DT) (17 - 3rd place), Ahmad Brooks (1 vote - T-4th place).

Justin Smith made both spots again this year (DE/DT). I believe last year he was first team on both, though. Or at least first team on one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most 1st-team selections

San Francisco - 6
Seattle - 4
Denver - 3
Baltimore - 2
Chicago - 2
Houston - 2
Minnesota - 2
Atlanta - 1
Cincinnati - 1
Detroit - 1
Miami - 1
New England - 1
New Orleans - 1
Arizona - 0
Buffalo - 0
Carolina - 0
Cleveland - 0
Dallas - 0
Green Bay - 0
Indianapolis - 0
Jacksonville - 0
Kansas City - 0
New York Giants - 0
New York Jets - 0
Oakland - 0
Philadelphia - 0
Pittsburgh - 0
San Diego - 0
St. Louis - 0
Tampa Bay - 0
Tennessee - 0
Washington - 0

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most 2nd-team selections

San Francisco - 4
Baltimore - 2
Chicago - 2
Cleveland - 2
Dallas - 2
Green Bay - 2
Minnesota - 2
Washington - 2
Arizona - 1
Buffalo - 1
Cincinnati - 1
Denver - 1
Detroit - 1
Houston - 1
Kansas City - 1
New England - 1
New Orleans - 1
New York Giants - 1
Pittsburgh - 1
San Diego - 1
Atlanta - 0
Carolina - 0
Indianapolis - 0
Jacksonville - 0
Miami - 0
New York Jets - 0
Oakland - 0
Philadelphia - 0
Seattle - 0
St. Louis - 0
Tampa Bay - 0
Tennessee - 0

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, we dominated this. Better get the Super Bowl though or its all going to be for nothing

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Pozz, Al. Smith could still be Alex. For just a split second, I was like, "What the hell???"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most selections (1st and 2nd teams)

San Francisco - 10
Baltimore - 4
Chicago - 4
Denver - 4
Minnesota - 4
Seattle - 4
Houston - 3
Cincinnati - 2
Cleveland - 2
Dallas - 2
Detroit - 2
Green Bay - 2
New England - 2
New Orleans - 2
Washington - 2
Arizona - 1
Atlanta - 1
Buffalo - 1
Kansas City - 1
Miami - 1
New York Giants - 1
Pittsburgh - 1
San Diego - 1
Carolina - 0
Indianapolis - 0
Jacksonville - 0
New York Jets - 0
Oakland - 0
Philadelphia - 0
St. Louis - 0
Tampa Bay - 0
Tennesee - 0

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Pozz, Al. Smith could still be Alex. For just a split second, I was like, "What the hell???"

My bad. I'm just so used to seeing Al. Smith as Aldon Smith. Every other time I've seen A. Smith it's been A. Smith. Once again that's what I get for hurrying but I've been so accustomed to seeing it that way that that's why I automatically put that down.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad. I'm just so used to seeing Al. Smith as Aldon Smith. Every other time I've seen A. Smith it's been A. Smith. Once again that's what I get for hurrying but I've been so accustomed to seeing it that way that that's why I automatically put that down.

Don't spoil my delusion with reality or football sense! :rant: ;)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd feel bad if I didn't add this. I've also seen Aldon Smith listed as Ald. Smith to differentiate between Alex and Aldon but Al. Smith is used quite often for Aldon as well like I said. I'm so used to typing it that way that it just came out that way without much thought to it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Haha. No worries. It reminded me of the time my freshman year in college when I signed up to meet with my RA, remembered there was another guy in the hall with the same first name, included the first letter of my last name, remembered his last name also started with the same letter, so added the second letter. Which was also the second letter in his last name. My RA was like, "Why would you add the second letter but not more???"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha. No worries. It reminded me of the time my freshman year in college when I signed up to meet with my RA, remembered there was another guy in the hall with the same first name, included the first letter of my last name, remembered his last name also started with the same letter, so added the second letter. Which was also the second letter in his last name. My RA was like, "Why would you add the second letter but not more???"

Ha. That's good.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you wrote your name as Crimson Cr., why not just say Crew? Just kidding, I know your name isn't Crimson Crew... or is it? ;)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Schottey (Pro Football Writers of America):

Who is watching Maurkice Pouncey and thinking he's an All-Pro? It's nonsensical

OG is a mess on the All-Pro team as well. Rest of team isn't bad, but if any voters want to learn to scout line play, I have a modest fee

with Pro Bowl, I know process is a joke and don't care. With All-Pro I'd like it to actually get better

That last comment was said perfectly. It's exactly how I've felt for a number of years now.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
6 of the 26 1st teamers....man that's dominant. Baalke AND McCloughan deserve a big pat on the back for that kind of personnel work.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

The #49ers had franchise-record six first-team All-Pros. From 2004-10, only Patrick Willis and Andy Lee earned first-team honors.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Schottey (Pro Football Writers of America):

Who is watching Maurkice Pouncey and thinking he's an All-Pro? It's nonsensical

OG is a mess on the All-Pro team as well. Rest of team isn't bad, but if any voters want to learn to scout line play, I have a modest fee

with Pro Bowl, I know process is a joke and don't care. With All-Pro I'd like it to actually get better

That last comment was said perfectly. It's exactly how I've felt for a number of years now.

PFF:

Kudos to the 8 voters who didn't have Geno Atkins on their ballot. Thus proving they didn't watch a Bengals game all year.

DeMarcus Ware wasn't best outside linebacker on his own team in 2012. Gerald McCoy should feel robbed. Ngata was streaky at best

Some of the worst choices? Safety pairing the 2nd team is better than 1st. Pouncey shouldn't have made team. Mankins is a pure rep pick.

He had a decent year in the 10 games he played. But three of them he was rusty at best. A lot of guards had better seasons.

I've read at least 5 people say the safety pairings should be flipped and many saying either or both of Goldson and Thomas could've been left off.

Last edited by a moderator: