• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Asham

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think so. He was a great team player so I doubt anyone has a grudge against him, Kind of like with that dude who used to play for us, but sold out and went to Washington?

I guess those two teams don't need any extra motivation to get it on. I'll probably watch every meeting this year.:cool:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any Flyer players that you guys know of that wouldn't mind taking a run a Asham?

I hate to see my players go to a rival. It can be fun and interesting when it happens to other teams though.

I'm with SF, a total team guy, so I'd definitely have to say no. Nobody.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that asham going to shitsburg sux but like most of you said he was really the only odd man out. Not really skilled in the offence department (i know it wasnt his role) defence was average at best and he was to small the play the toughguy role.....soooo good luck playing with the queen of hockey and we will smash you later.

hehe

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any Flyer players that you guys know of that wouldn't mind taking a run a Asham?

I hate to see my players go to a rival. It can be fun and interesting when it happens to other teams though.

Well Shelley wasn't his teammate so if the going gets tough watch out Ash! But I doubt that anyone has a beef with him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he and Carcillo will go early and Shelly will get him later which ends in a Shelly v. Rupp fight as Shelly lets the team know early that he has their backs.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well, if he is a total team player, he is now a pitt one. This has got me anxious to see how fast he comes to the aid of a former rival who is now a teammate.

I also can't wait until Ruslan Salei and Mikey Mo sit down in lockers right next to each other. We had a lot of players check their past in at the door, but it would still be strange in my opinion.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he and Carcillo will go early and Shelly will get him later which ends in a Shelly v. Rupp fight as Shelly lets the team know early that he has their backs.

Eric Goddard is probably going to want to play as well.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should bring back the old bench clearing brawls for the regular season!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that if there's a scrap involving Asham in the opener it will be with Lappy. Those 2 are complete team guys and will do anything to give their guys the edge.

That being said I personally felt Asham had to go, he should be playing 4th line minutes not 3rd line as he is not offensively skilled enough to help Giroux and JVR out really. In fact in the playoffs I feel he completely disappeared and stopped creating space out there even. The fact that he signed to play with Cindy pisses me off, but he is a pro athlete and he has to go where they're willing to pay him. I think this may end up intensifying the rivalary just a bit, but then again when it's already heated enough with Richie's complete hatred of Cindy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be looking forward to seeing Asham in a Pens uni this year.....maybe a change of scenery is what he needed...and...as already been mentioned...it will add some spice to the rivalry....like it needed any in the first place...

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be looking forward to seeing Asham in a Pens uni this year.....maybe a change of scenery is what he needed...and...as already been mentioned...it will add some spice to the rivalry....like it needed any in the first place...

If Asham sticks to what he does best, hard nose hockey, you will really like him. If he morphs into the player he thought he was in the playoffs, a sniper that does not hit,you will hate him. I for one, hated to see him go.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Well.....you're always a welcomed guest here bro.

(just put a 5 spot in the jar when you grab a cold mug and head to my beermeister :))