• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As predicted, Jacoby Brissett named the starter for Indy.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett. Take Arizona.

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck may never get his starting job back! Lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is always hurt and undrafted picks have out played him .

I'm not saying he'll ever live up to his original billing, but he can certainly be an asset for an NFL team. He's flashed some big play ability when he's been out there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he stinks
I ask again how am I wrong. Your hate runs deep my friend. I wonder if OBJ will invite him out on the boat since he has nothing to do for the next few weeks?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....Danny Amendola's best ever seasons were the 2 PRIOR to coming to New England

Dont buy into the hype that WR's get to New England and get better, there are more examples of guys having their worst seasons in New Engalnd
You're cute when you're angry. Wrong, but cute. Brady and the NE offense even make receivers like Reche Caldwell look decent. Too bad Caldwell couldn't catch a cold. The list is long my friend.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent players on a shit team drop to the level of their compatriots.....

Wide receivers rarely can help a bad QB/O-line situation much. The ball has to be thrown somewhere near them for them to have any impact. That doesn't explain away being outplayed by undrafted players though. Some players don't handle losing well and don't give that same effort.

I can't say I've followed the Colts or Dorsett closely, only that Dorsett has far underproduced his draft position playing with one of the best QBs in the game (but one of the worst o-lines). Through 2 seasons, 51 catches out of 100 targets is pretty poor. He's only contributed 3 punt/kick returns. So much more was expected of him based on his draft profile. That said, some WRs don't click until the 3rd season, but learning a new system could slow that as well.

2015 NFL Draft Profile: Phillip Dorsett

Jumpman98

GO Broncos-Yankees-Bulls-ND Fighting Irish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move by the Colts! :clap:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide receivers rarely can help a bad QB/O-line situation much. The ball has to be thrown somewhere near them for them to have any impact. That doesn't explain away being outplayed by undrafted players though. Some players don't handle losing well and don't give that same effort.

I can't say I've followed the Colts or Dorsett closely, only that Dorsett has far underproduced his draft position playing with one of the best QBs in the game (but one of the worst o-lines). Through 2 seasons, 51 catches out of 100 targets is pretty poor. He's only contributed 3 punt/kick returns. So much more was expected of him based on his draft profile. That said, some WRs don't click until the 3rd season, but learning a new system could slow that as well.

playing with one of the best QBs in the game (but one of the worst o-lines)

Why?! Why is Luck the only QB to get this excuse? It's mind boggling....the fucking caveman holds on the ball so long he gets sacked.

Brissett is a big upgrade for the Colts.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why?! Why is Luck the only QB to get this excuse? It's mind boggling....the fucking caveman holds on the ball so long he gets sacked.

But Luck produces with said O-line

Andy Dalton he is not when it comes to pocket presence.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna have a rough time behind that offensive line. Most QBs would.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna have a rough time behind that offensive line. Most QBs would.
when your center is a rookie makes it hard on everyone . this line will be better when Kelly walks back in . center is the one that calls the blocking so a rookie center is the worst spot to play a rookie . Kelly last year at first was man handled by the end of the year he was holding his on . if jacoby has a big arm and can move he is close to luck . colts have the wr to play with anyone . if it was me I would get the team to learn his old offense to help him and yes no fake punts . chuck needs to go the colts had a td if he would have tossed the red flag last week .

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many players just take longer to excel in football. Thus the reason you see UDFA that go onto to have great careers. Or late rounders who sit a year or two and then go onto to have great careers. Sometimes it's the work with a certain coach, a team mate or they finally matured mentally and physically.
Now I'm not saying Dorsett will become a star in NE but there is a chance. I'm willing to wait and see. As of today I feel the trade was a good move.

OBTW Luck has pretty much been injured since Dorsett joined the Colts. Not a whole lot of time to gel.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many players just take longer to excel in football. Thus the reason you see UDFA that go onto to have great careers. Or late rounders who sit a year or two and then go onto to have great careers. Sometimes it's the work with a certain coach, a team mate or they finally matured mentally and physically.
Now I'm not saying Dorsett will become a star in NE but there is a chance. I'm willing to wait and see. As of today I feel the trade was a good move.

OBTW Luck has pretty much been injured since Dorsett joined the Colts. Not a whole lot of time to gel.

All true, but really proves nothing. That's on Dorsett. Is he a late bloomer, or is a just a flat-out bust (or at least disappointing vs his draft position)?

Patriots don't really need Brissett, so it could prove to be a good move, unless that can't retain Jimmy this winter of course.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a huge upgrade for the Colts behind Luck, agreed. Luck gets that excuse because he gets pummeled and they struggle to run the ball effectively. Both point to the o-line. Ever since Luck has been drafted, the Colts have drafted poorly in terms of o-line in the draft. Since Luck in 2012, they have drafted 3 centers, 2 guards, and 4 tackles, of which only RG Mewhort and RT LeRaven Clark are starting (C Kelly is injured and will start when healthy I assume). Haeg is a backup, and the only other to stick, and 3 of those 4 were just drafted in 2016. Their O-line is ranked 22nd by PFF entering the season.

Ranking all 32 offensive line units heading into the 2017 season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're cute when you're angry. Wrong, but cute. Brady and the NE offense even make receivers like Reche Caldwell look decent. Too bad Caldwell couldn't catch a cold. The list is long my friend.

jabar Gaffney had career years in Denver after he left New England
Danny Amendola had career years BEFORE he arrived in New England
Brandin Lloyd was one of the best WR's in the game with Kyle Orton before his career died in New ENgland
Chad Johnsons' career did die as soon as he arrived in New England

You got Wes Welker, dont know of anyone else

Good talk

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a huge upgrade for the Colts behind Luck, agreed. Luck gets that excuse because he gets pummeled and they struggle to run the ball effectively. Both point to the o-line. Ever since Luck has been drafted, the Colts have drafted poorly in terms of o-line in the draft. Since Luck in 2012, they have drafted 3 centers, 2 guards, and 4 tackles, of which only RG Mewhort and RT LeRaven Clark are starting (C Kelly is injured and will start when healthy I assume). Haeg is a backup, and the only other to stick, and 3 of those 4 were just drafted in 2016. Their O-line is ranked 22nd by PFF entering the season.

Ranking all 32 offensive line units heading into the 2017 season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

haeg Is nasty Kelly is good the line needs to unload their highest paid player he gets beat daily . mewhort never really seen why he starts nothing special .