• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of right now, which teams do you think have a legit shot at winning the Superbowl this season?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baring an unforeseen surprise team like a wildcard or something playing lights out in the playoffs or something like the 2007 Giants or 2010 Packers, which teams do you think have the most realistic chances at the title at this point in the season?

For me, I think it's either the Patriots or the Chiefs for the AFC, and Rams or Saints for the NFC, barring some really terrible luck like one of them losing their QB for the season or something along those lines. I'd give the edge to the Pats in the AFC over KC purely due to their experience in those situations and Mahomes still being so young. Conventional wisdom would tell me L.A. makes it for the NFC for a Pats/Rams Superbowl, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Drew Brees with his still ridiculous skill and extensive experience lead the Saints make a serious push themselves.

For further discussion, where do you realistically see your team ending up at by season's end as things currently stand? I think the Vikings are still a pretty solid team, but they seriously struggle to put together a full 4 quarters of quality football. It's one thing to have a slow start against a team like the Jets and rev it back up towards the end in a close game, but you can't afford to do that against top teams. Last week's loss to the Saints due to a 2nd half Vikings meltdown after a strong 1st half is a classic example of that. I see the Vikings still competing for a either a 3rd/4th seed division title or a wildcard spot, but not much beyond the first game or two of the playoffs. I would be stunned if they managed to get past L.A. and/or New Orleans in the playoffs, especially on the road.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too early, teams that look like world beaters can fizzle and teams that start rough can start peaking... I think right now the 2 favorites are the Rams and Saints as it sits, but lot's can change... AFC Pats are still the toast of the conference..

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Hue Jackson is gone, I don't see a reason Cleveland can't jump back into the mix. If they're able to win their final 8 games, they'll definitely be right there.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baring an unforeseen surprise team like a wildcard or something playing lights out in the playoffs or something like the 2007 Giants or 2010 Packers, which teams do you think have the most realistic chances at the title at this point in the season?

For me, I think it's either the Patriots or the Chiefs for the AFC, and Rams or Saints for the NFC, barring some really terrible luck like one of them losing their QB for the season or something along those lines. I'd give the edge to the Pats in the AFC over KC purely due to their experience in those situations and Mahomes still being so young. Conventional wisdom would tell me L.A. makes it for the NFC for a Pats/Rams Superbowl, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Drew Brees with his still ridiculous skill and extensive experience lead the Saints make a serious push themselves.

For further discussion, where do you realistically see your team ending up at by season's end as things currently stand? I think the Vikings are still a pretty solid team, but they seriously struggle to put together a full 4 quarters of quality football. It's one thing to have a slow start against a team like the Jets and rev it back up towards the end in a close game, but you can't afford to do that against top teams. Last week's loss to the Saints due to a 2nd half Vikings meltdown after a strong 1st half is a classic example of that. I see the Vikings still competing for a either a 3rd/4th seed division title or a wildcard spot, but not much beyond the first game or two of the playoffs. I would be stunned if they managed to get past L.A. and/or New Orleans in the playoffs, especially on the road.
HFA in the AFC is going to be huge this year. If the Patriots have it, they will go to the bowl. If the Chiefs have it, they will go to the bowl. I don't think any other AFC team has a honest chance. A Chiefs- Rams Superbowl would be pretty good. If the Rams and Pats play, the Pats will get massacred.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best teams to win the Super Bowl, in order of most likely to win:

1. Chiefs
2a. Rams
2b. Saints
4. Patriots

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HFA in the AFC is going to be huge this year. If the Patriots have it, they will go to the bowl. If the Chiefs have it, they will go to the bowl. I don't think any other AFC team has a honest chance. A Chiefs- Rams Superbowl would be pretty good. If the Rams and Pats play, the Pats will get massacred.

I'm not sure any AFC teams stand a chance against the Rams this year, or maybe even the Saints if they meet in the Superbowl, the Rams/Saints just come out flat. I could see either of those teams lighting it up in a dome setting like Atlanta if they come out playing quality football. I'd probably pick KC as more likely than New England to compete well in that situation, but only if the playoffs version of Andy Reid stays dormant for once.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure any AFC teams stand a chance against the Rams this year, or maybe even the Saints if they meet in the Superbowl, the Rams/Saints just come out flat. I could see either of those teams lighting it up in a dome setting like Atlanta if they come out playing quality football. I'd probably pick KC as more likely than New England to compete well in that situation, but only if the playoffs version of Andy Reid stays dormant for once.

Andy Reid will try to start the run game and give it to Hunt for a 2 yard gain to start the game and panic and throw 57 passes. Happens every time.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid will try to start the run game and give it to Hunt for a 2 yard gain to start the game and panic and throw 57 passes. Happens every time.

Even our old pal Reid was no match for Mike Tice's play calling back in 2004. :suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest.

Pats vs. whomever

We've all seen this movie

:pop2:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even our old pal Reid was no match for Mike Tice's play calling back in 2004. :suds:
Yeah, but would he call for a pass on the one yard line with the NFL's leading rushing standing on the sidelines looking at him like he is the second coming of Doofus McDumbass?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This year could be one of those surprise years because none of the contenders have a shutdown type DEF.

That said...taking a stab at the AFC 1st.

NE...they look like the #1 seed and I don't think anyone will beat them at home in a AFCCG.

KC...if they get the 1 seed I like their chances better, but logic says Mahomes can't stay this red hot for 8 more.

My team...PIT has the OFC firepower to go into either NE or KC and win...for obvious reasons I like their chances better in KC. The downside is the OFC has started slow in a lot of games and the DEF is still shaky vs the pass. The reality is the staff will probably not put the DEF in the best position to win...they will likely a play conservative zone for most of the game and get torched for 330+ and 3 or 4 TDs so it will be up to Ben and the OFC to match...I'd give them 50/50 in KC...30/70 in NE.

NFC...I think the records speak volumes here...NO & LAR are the clear cut right now. 12 Ws I think will take the 1 seed.

LAR...The Rams have 3 tough ones in a row, but I see 3 more wins...likely to go 12-4 and win #1 seed.

NO...I don't expect NO to carry a lofty record into the playoffs...10-6 is probably the worse I would think...11 imo will lock up the #2 seed.

Teams that could do some damage...ATL, if they get in they could be dangerous because they would already have played 5 or 6 win or go home type games. They have the OFC...I can see them going into MIN or WAS and winning a game and they have the OFC to go toe to toe with LAR or NO...last team with the ball type game. I don't feel like WAS has enough offense. MIN? Same potential as ATL imo.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest.

Pats vs. whomever

We've all seen this movie

:pop2:

Can't disagree

I'd say pats, saints, and rams are the 3 favorites right now. Can't include the chiefs ever until they show they can win in January.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree

I'd say pats, saints, and rams are the 3 favorites right now. Can't include the chiefs ever until they show they can win in January.
FWIW, Rams haven't proven anything either. I like their defense more but if we're talking about proven teams then they aren't on the list.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall know after sunday if the rams are legit, preplayoff game against the saints tomorrow

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams are perfectly designed to beat the Chiefs. The two weak points on the Chiefs roster are the interior oline and and S/LB play. Chiefs probably wouldn't be getting any special teams returns against the Rams kickers, either. If the Chiefs beat the Rams in Mexico it will be because Andy Reid outcoaches and Patrick Mahomes outplays. But just looking at rosters, I think thats a mess for KC.

Chiefs/Saints would be a shootout. I'd be more confident there.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a theory. Before the Pats Chiefs game, I thought the loser goes to the superbowl. The Pats would lose to the Chiefs & go to the superbowl. Was expecting the Chiefs to win again this year & they didnt.
This Chiefs offense will be the difference in the playoffs. Not against the Pats but against the Andy Reid Playoff success. Now I know this might sound weird, but I think Mahomes needs to go through his growth (Struggle) during the season so he can have that experience before the playoffs. If so I think the Chiefs has a real chance to go all the way. Otherwise he will experience it in the playoffs & the Pats will be in the superbowl by default.

Bottom line though is pretty much I think everyone thinks the same 4 has the best chance. I think this is the Saints year though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if were just talking teams i could see winning, not most likely im gonna name a good bit at this point
IN no order

Vikings
saints
panthers
rams
Pats
Steelers
Chiefs
Chargers

4 from each conference

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year could be one of those surprise years because none of the contenders have a shutdown type DEF.

That said...taking a stab at the AFC 1st.

NE...they look like the #1 seed and I don't think anyone will beat them at home in a AFCCG.

KC...if they get the 1 seed I like their chances better, but logic says Mahomes can't stay this red hot for 8 more.

My team...PIT has the OFC firepower to go into either NE or KC and win...for obvious reasons I like their chances better in KC. The downside is the OFC has started slow in a lot of games and the DEF is still shaky vs the pass. The reality is the staff will probably not put the DEF in the best position to win...they will likely a play conservative zone for most of the game and get torched for 330+ and 3 or 4 TDs so it will be up to Ben and the OFC to match...I'd give them 50/50 in KC...30/70 in NE.

NFC...I think the records speak volumes here...NO & LAR are the clear cut right now. 12 Ws I think will take the 1 seed.

LAR...The Rams have 3 tough ones in a row, but I see 3 more wins...likely to go 12-4 and win #1 seed.

NO...I don't expect NO to carry a lofty record into the playoffs...10-6 is probably the worse I would think...11 imo will lock up the #2 seed.

Teams that could do some damage...ATL, if they get in they could be dangerous because they would already have played 5 or 6 win or go home type games. They have the OFC...I can see them going into MIN or WAS and winning a game and they have the OFC to go toe to toe with LAR or NO...last team with the ball type game. I don't feel like WAS has enough offense. MIN? Same potential as ATL imo.

If the Rams go 12-4 and the Saints go 10-6 that’s a pretty bad melt down for both teams.