• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As luck would have it ....

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew ... just when Cueto is ready to come back, we have an 'injured' player on the field!!!

Tony Cingrani dealing with shoulder soreness

Reds manager Dusty baker told the Cincinnati Enquirer on Tuesday that Tony Cingrani had his next start pushed back a day due to a shoulder issue. He is expected to take the mound next on Friday against the Phillies.

"With his delivery and the way he throws, he has a little bit of soreness in his shoulder," Baker said. "With his delivery — it’s unorthodoxed — if he gets out of whack a little bit, he’s subject to soreness."

Cingrani has a 5.40 ERA through two starts in May after allowing just three runs over 18 innings pitched in his first three outings.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, sounds like the old DL swap/stall tactic to me. Cueto comes back, Cingrani on the DL... also a way to limit some innings on a young arm...now, if they can convince Parra to take the Mike Lincoln scholarship, and stay on the DL all year, maybe they could cash an insurance policy and get enough back to pay for a partial salary on a pitcher that actually can pitch.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a interesting situation. cingrani throws across his body a little bit. some of the younger power arms have the same tendency around the league. carter capps comes to mind immediately. you may have seen him in seattle john. it can result in arm / shoulder problems. parra? i really hope he can get left handed hitters out more than 50% of the time when he's called upon. i wonder what his confidence level is? will he even throw strikes? and, does anybody know what the arredondo situation is? the inside scoop? any whisperings from fay, rosecrans, or mccoy? i understand that hoover was lights out in ST, but i thought arredondo had the best split-finger on the club, and was effective v. lefties. the one thing the reds had last year, and i expect in 2013, is a consistent bullpen. once they get into july i would expect the best bullpen in baseball again. parra has to string several effective outings together to convince me.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cingrani probably has a ways to go to become mechanically sound. I'd hope he gets that training this year. It's one thing to change his delivery, another to make sure he can get people out. I guess the learning curve for a pitcher is pretty steep. Not all of them are Bob Feller right out of the gate.

Gotta wonder about Arredondo's attitude now. He knows he ought to be on another big league team, but he's not. His stats are what they are, and it's hard to tell from that whether he's a problem.

Jose Arredondo Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | Louisville Bats Stats