• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Nathan Horton's world right now

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portzline has the *ability* to write well when he wants.

Blue Jackets | Horton?s choice: Wait, or walk away | BlueJackets Xtra

Once or twice a week, Horton stops by Nationwide Arena. But he has no locker stall in the dressing room, no uniform hanging with his name on it, no new sticks being delivered or skates being sharpened.

“I’m a ghost,” he said with a laugh. “But I’m not giving up. I still feel young other than my back. As long as I can hold off the surgery, I feel like there’s a chance. A chance for something. A miracle. Something.”

Well, now I'm sad.

Hockey isn't worth it, Nathan. Get the surgery. You have a lot of life left to enjoy.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that last night, and all I could think of was Mario and that stuff. I hope he reaches out to him, actually. But yeah, it's degenerative. The word tells you what you need to know, that being that it's not going to magically get better. Get the surgery, live life, polish that Cup ring, enjoy your kids. Never easy to hang them up, and it's even harder to hang them up when your body makes the decision for you. Not the same degree, but it's a conversation I've had with athletes before, and it's just the worst.