• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Artest

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the whole mess is but here goes... Kaman is ridiculous, as I said he is good, but what is the purpose...? We obviously keep Pau, we have Hill and Sacre and Dantoni... Is Pau Kaman the 4-5 we are sending out...? If not then this is shit, if so then that is shit! Why amnesty Artest...? From what I read amnesty Artest saves $30 mil by cutting his 7... If that's true then yes, he's not worth 7 plus a 30 mil hit... If its not true he is the perfect stretch 4 for Dantoni's system... He can pound down low and shoot decent from deep but defensively at the 4 he is solid 85% of the team the Lakers face, and honestly that's all he needs to be with the upcoming season since we all know the Lakers aren't going to win...

Bottom line if it's going to save 30mil see ya Artest, if not keep him... And why the fuck did we sign Kaman...? :sadbron:

I've heard the tax savings is $15-$21 million. Reports seem to vary!! I do know that the Lakers are the farthest over the cap and would pay a tax of $29 million with the current roster (Miami is 2nd at $16 million). So, I don't believe it puts the Lakers under the cap, but it does cut costs in a year that the Lakers are not going to contend anyway!!

As for Kaman, it's a 1 year deal on the mini MLE!! Kaman is a solid backup for both the Center and PF positions!! If he matches last seasons numbers (10.5ppg and 5.6rpg) as a backup, he is worth the money, especially on a 1 year contract!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Forbes article, the Lakers save a 15M tax hit.

Regardless, I thought the Lakers only cared about winning and that money meant nothing because of the TV deal, etc....?

Does chopping World Hate make the Lakers better? I don't think so.

Meanwhile, the Heat brought everyone back and apparently Arison will take the tax hit on Miller, Anthony, etc....

Clearly, you're no smarter today than you were yesterday!! What a shock!!

The Lakers do only care about winning, but in a year when you are clearly NOT going to be contending for a title, why not save some money even with the huge t.v. deal?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, you're no smarter today than you were yesterday!! What a shock!!

The Lakers do only care about winning, but in a year when you are clearly NOT going to be contending for a title, why not save some money even with the huge t.v. deal?

I'll tell you what.

You tell Kobe this is a throw away season.
While I agree you won't make the playoffs ,let alone contend, he was tweeting to keep him.
This coming on the heels of the Laker/Howard leaving disaster.
If nothing else, you keep your best players for appearance sake if you are the Lakers.

Like I predicted yesterday, I feel a blow up coming and would not be at all surprised for Kobe to be ring chasing on some other team next year.

And hopefully, some day I can wake up and be as smart and successful as you:lol:
Maybe chime in and tell me how your buddy CL never said the Lakers would beat the Spurs so you can be as smart as him also!!:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what.

You tell Kobe this is a throw away season.
While I agree you won't make the playoffs ,let alone contend, he was tweeting to keep him.
This coming on the heels of the Laker/Howard leaving disaster.
If nothing else, you keep your best players for appearance sake if you are the Lakers.

Like I predicted yesterday, I feel a blow up coming and would not be at all surprised for Kobe to be ring chasing on some other team next year.

And hopefully, some day I can wake up and be as smart and successful as you:lol:
Maybe chime in and tell me how your buddy CL never said the Lakers would beat the Spurs so you can be as smart as him also!!:L

Kobe is never going to think that any season is a throw away season. He could be teamed with you, me and couple of other guys from this message board and think he'll win a title!! As I've said before about him, gotta love the confidence, if not the common sense!!

As for him "chasing titles", I doubt it, but if he does, so what? He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last. Just like your boy Lebron!!

As for ever being as smart and successful as me......Good luck, you have looooong way to go!!

As for your pissing match with CL!! If you can't tell the difference between a fan supporting his team and actually believing his team has a realistic chance of winning, then you are worse off than I thought!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is never going to think that any season is a throw away season. He could be teamed with you, me and couple of other guys from this message board and think he'll win a title!! As I've said before about him, gotta love the confidence, if not the common sense!!

As for him "chasing titles", I doubt it, but if he does, so what? He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last. Just like your boy Lebron!!

As for ever being as smart and successful as me......Good luck, you have looooong way to go!!

As for your pissing match with CL!! If you can't tell the difference between a fan supporting his team and actually believing his team has a realistic chance of winning, then you are worse off than I thought!!

Nothing wrong with CL picking the Lakers.

Quite a bit wrong with forgetting you picked them, saying you didn't. Challenging someone to find where you did, and then going into full blown lie/deny/change the subject mode once you are PROVEN wrong.
That's what a 4 year old (at best) would do.

As far as successful, not sure how much it really matters on sports threads, but I would be willing to bet (if there were a way to) that my invoice from the Miami Heat this year was more then your total earnings on your tax return.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, Turnip still has that permanent brain cramp this morning, i see...

it's ok, the guy's been trying for years to prove i'm stupid. wonder how that's working for the little maggot? maybe i should lower myself into creating alternate i.d.'s to back up my lame viewpoints. naw, i can't do it. i'm not him...

i'll simply settle for laughing at this fool's ignorance. after all, he's already proven what a lowlife loser he truly is. have no worries, though shorty. in spite of your constant lies and proclamations i'm not even CLOSE to being stupid. but DO keep on continuing to try and prove i am...while making a complete fool out of yourself...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Turnip still has that permanent brain cramp this morning, i see...

it's ok, the guy's been trying for years to prove i'm stupid. wonder how that's working for the little maggot? maybe i should lower myself into creating alternate i.d.'s to back up my lame viewpoints. naw, i can't do it. i'm not him...

i'll simply settle for laughing at this fool's ignorance. after all, he's already proven what a lowlife loser he truly is. have no worries, though shorty. in spite of your constant lies and proclamations i'm not even CLOSE to being stupid. but DO keep on continuing to try and prove i am...while making a complete fool out of yourself...:lol:

Continue on....................
Nothing better.

How about the repost of daring me to find where you ever predicted the Lakers to beat the Spurs:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with CL picking the Lakers.

Quite a bit wrong with forgetting you picked them, saying you didn't. Challenging someone to find where you did, and then going into full blown lie/deny/change the subject mode once you are PROVEN wrong.
That's what a 4 year old (at best) would do.

As far as successful, not sure how much it really matters on sports threads, but I would be willing to bet (if there were a way to) that my invoice from the Miami Heat this year was more then your total earnings on your tax return.

Do you realize how you sound? After all that has been said and posted, I am amazed that you haven't figured out that you are being played. Learn to walk away and say nothing because he is taking your sanity and trashing it like a wrapper on a Taco Bell Burrito :lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize how you sound? After all that has been said and posted, I am amazed that you haven't figured out that you are being played. Learn to walk away and say nothing because he is taking your sanity and trashing it like a wrapper on a Taco Bell Burrito :lol:

shhh. let him think he's "winning". you can't buy entertainment like this...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!! what're you, NUTS?!! wow, you've lost it, clown. DO go find ANY posts where i said the Lakers would win that series. i'll wait, fool...

wow, this clown's lost his mind...:laugh3:

in any case, just to back up what i said, here's the original post. let's see our resident 3 year old try to tap dance his way out of this one...

obviously shit-for-brains seems to think a prediction contest=POSTING the Lakers would win the series. and it seems it's all the "evidence" he can find. poor little baby...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hardly.
Amused, not played. He's not near smart enough.

Taking my sanity? How about killing some spare time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in any case, just to back up what i said, here's the original post. let's see our resident 3 year old try to tap dance his way out of this one...

And then I showed you a post where you predicted the Lakers to win in 7.:noidea:

Am I missing something:wtf2:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

obviously shit-for-brains seems to think a prediction contest=POSTING the Lakers would win the series. and it seems it's all the "evidence" he can find. poor little baby...

On top of that, I TOLD you where the post was and you still dared me to find it.

It's really NBD. Just admit you forgot what you wrote.

The amusing part of all of this is how you want to try to twist and spin it.
You can't retract what was written no matter how many times you want to attempt to say it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, as TLF said, yo-yo on a string...

Oh, so now it's a "gag"??

You always have a great backup plan (if someone suggests it to you:lol:)

Try writing 27 more posts/paragraphs trying to explain it away again!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll give it to the little fella. he DOES like to talk himself up. must be horrid to have that kind of low self esteem. the guy's flexible, though. no one else here at the hoop can have their foot in their mouth and their head up their ass at the same time like this loser can...