• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona vs. Gonzaga

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha knew he had that block the whole way. Stockton is the only one who didn't realize it

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the scouting report on Gordon taking a 3...just bored?

I think when all is said and done he will end up a good shooter. He has been bad this year, though

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YA AG!!!!!!

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon with authority....now that's his game.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subpar offensive game by NJ and we are up 21. That's nice....

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to get uglier for the Zags.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey is Gary Bell playing? Oh wait, he's being covered by NJ, so I guess not hahaha

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but EVERY metric says we have the best defense. the Pac is a much better offensive conference than the SEC and we allowed 58/game

Might be true, but we are now finding out that the SEC doesn't suck as much as you have, ad nauseam stated throughout the year. You saw Pitt get dominated like no team has done that. Florida beat Tennessee twice and Kentucky 3 times and guess what; both of them are kicking ass. Remember all the hateful things you stated about Tennessee and Kentucky...Imagine that; they are still here. You just don't have it locked in as you might think. All those boring stats about tourney teams; Tennessee and Kentucky beat several and Florida beat them. If/when Florida beats UCLA and Stanford; how's that going to make you feel?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Gonzaga Arizona story of all time is....

There once was a kid from Pacific Palisades High School who went on a recruiting trip to Gonzaga, one of the only schools that had any interest in him at the time. The Zag's head coach, Jay Hillock, told the kid to go out and match up with Gonzaga's point guard to see what he could do... the Zags PG's name was John Stockton. After watching the kid from Pacific Palisades go up and down the court against Stockton, he pulled him to the side and said: "I'm sorry son, but you just too slow to play college basketball".

The kid went home to southern California... dejected, but a few weeks later got a call from the new head coach at Arizona, Lute Olson who had just taken over the program in Tucson. Later that summer he signed that player to be one of his first ever recruits at the UofA.

That player from Pacific Palisades, Steve Kerr, went on to a pretty good career in college and the NBA. He never was very fast... but he does still hold the NCAA and NBA records for highest career 3pt %

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be true, but we are now finding out that the SEC doesn't suck as much as you have, ad nauseam stated throughout the year. You saw Pitt get dominated like no team has done that. Florida beat Tennessee twice and Kentucky 3 times and guess what; both of them are kicking ass. Remember all the hateful things you stated about Tennessee and Kentucky...Imagine that; they are still here. You just don't have it locked in as you might think. All those boring stats about tourney teams; Tennessee and Kentucky beat several and Florida beat them. If/when Florida beats UCLA and Stanford; how's that going to make you feel?

1) I have never said Kentucky sucks, there have been plenty of people who have but I am not one of those. I knew they were going through growing pains and defended them AD NAUSEAM to every arizona person I talk to who claimed they were the most overrated team blah blah blah

2) OUR CONFERENCE HAD DEPTH. We played more good teams throughout the conference season because of it. Just because I state the SEC sucks doesn't mean I think Florida sucks, although for some reason you think that.

3) I think Florida WILL beat UCLA and Stanford, why wouldn't I??? You are better than both of those teams. But UCLA is better than Kentucky, and so I think it could be a tough game if their offense plays like they are capable (they are the only team besides Michigan to score 70 on us all year, and they did it twice)

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People have said similar things about the Pac (Because they dont stay up and watch our games) but assuming this holds we will also have 3 teams and should have had 4 if Oregon would have gotten one rebound.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There once was a kid from Pacific Palisades High School who went on a recruiting trip to Gonzaga, one of the only schools that had any interest in him at the time. The Zag's head coach, Jay Hillock, told the kid to go out and match up with Gonzaga's point guard to see what he could do... the Zags PG's name was John Stockton. After watching the kid from Pacific Palisades go up and down the court against Stockton, he pulled him to the side and said: "I'm sorry son, but you just too slow to play college basketball".

The kid went home to southern California... dejected, but a few weeks later got a call from the new head coach at Arizona, Lute Olson who had just taken over the program in Tucson. Later that summer he signed that player to be one of his first ever recruits at the UofA.

That player from Pacific Palisades, Steve Kerr, went on to a pretty good career in college and the NBA. He never was very fast... but he does still hold the NCAA and NBA records for highest career 3pt %

never knew about this. and I had goosebumps reading those last two paragraphs

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon-Stanford-UCLA-Arizona St.-Colorado (in Boulder)-California.... all very good offensive teams.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad option for Bulls at all. Instrumental in 4 championships....landed a 5th with the Spurs.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's awesome Gumby. Thanks for sharing!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where has CatsTopPac been lately?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TJM plays like this every game, we are so hard to beat. He had 0 against Weber St and we saw what happened

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runeman, have a drink, take a pill, go for a walk...whatever you gotta do man. Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee all look good, just chill. This is an Arizona - Zags game thread.

Zona = teamwork.