• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you ready for your team's head coach to get fired yet after week 4?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this since 2017, but Mike Zimmer is a terrible NFL head coach. The guy puts zero effort into the offense, and his defenses only dominate about half of their games the past couple years. And no matter how good the D seems, they always get lit up in big games (see the 2017 playoffs for reference).

What tipped me off the most was how the guy always lays into his players. Like how he NEVER supported Case Keenum in 2017 right in the middle of the season when the team was doing well and needed to rely on the guy to make a title run (which I blame their missing on Zimmer more than anyone else). Then let the front office overpay Cousins to come do arguably worse than Keenum for 3 guaranteed seasons, which will probably set them back until 2022 or 2023 at a minimum. I guarantee the team would have just kept Keenum on a 2 year deal for about $10 mil less per year like he took in Denver instead of wrecking the franchise for the foreseeable future on Cousins had Zimmer not been so clueless and spoken up on the matter. But no, he wanted Keenum out of town no matter what the cost for what never amounted to a quantifiable pgrade.

His in-game play calling is also crap. The Green Bay and Chicago losses this year were classic examples of the guy being way too stubborn about making adjustments to the game plan when their plan A is failing them. I can't believe the Vikings decided to exercise their team option to extend this guy through 2020 instead of letting the chips fall where they may in 2019. Now we won't even get to see a different coaching regime try out running the team with Cousins at the helm before we can finally get rid of him too. But I guess their line of thinking might just be that Zimmer and Cousins will simply fail together if they can't make it work by then.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden says hi

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team I havent thought much about coaching wise until I look back.

The Atlanta Falcons. they are literally one of the hardest teams for me to figure out.
I look at that team & think man. They could be one of the most dangerous teams in the league. In a game here & there you see glimpse of that. Then they totally suck ass.
Dont know if that is a head coaching thing or coordinator thing, but they really dont have excuses for the level they are at right now. I would look into some changes there.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Atlanta Falcons. they are literally one of the hardest teams for me to figure out.
I look at that team & think man. They could be one of the most dangerous teams in the league. In a game here & there you see glimpse of that. Then they totally suck ass.
Dont know if that is a head coaching thing or coordinator thing, but they really dont have excuses for the level they are at right now. I would look into some changes there.
That was the one I was thinking about as well @Schmoopy1000 . Quinn's seat has to be getting hot. I expected a bounce back from the Falcons this season and they have been terrible so far. Maybe they turn it around and save Dan Quinn's job but I have my doubts.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There has been a steady flow of anti-Dan Quinn building here for the last yr or so...some even started after allowing a 28-3 SB lead to result in a loss.

I don't expect any changes after week 4, but no playoffs again this season and that will probably be the last straw for Coach Q.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been ready to be rid of coach Tomlin for at least 5 yrs now[/QUOT

For me...it was the 2016 AFCCG.

They took the dumbest game plan ever into Foxborough and got a very predictable result...couple that with Tomlin wanting to prove that he really does now X & Os...I'm not sure who I would want in there, but I'd welcome a change.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a steady flow of anti-Dan Quinn building here for the last yr or so...some even started after allowing a 28-3 SB lead to result in a loss.

I don't expect any changes after week 4, but no playoffs again this season and that will probably be the last straw for Coach Q.
yeah I dont expect any in season changes either.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been an uncomfortably numb ride, hasn't it?
56d583cf830f04ca71a3efca09a9317c.jpg

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer's at the very bottom of the list on coaches who need to go

Zimmer has exactly 1, I repeat ONE great season under his belt during his so far during his 6-years with the team. That was the 13-3 2017 season in which his defense (and entire team) got completely humiliated by Philly in the NFC title game after winning on a last second miracle play in a game they nearly let New Orleans come back to beat them in. Also in that year, Aaron Rodgers was out injured most of the season, and the Lions and Bears both sucked.

The current season is still young and they're at .500, so we'll leave that one out in the debate. Take away the magical 13-3 year where they shat themselves in the playoffs, and it's pretty clear how average his teams really are. 2014: 7-9, 2015: 11-5 (with first round exit in the playoffs), 2016: 8-8, 2018: 8-7-1. Including all games and the playoffs (1 game) outside of that 2017 season that was about as crazy as they come for a team, he's 34-27-1. 1-2 overall in the playoffs, which included 2 home games.

Those are not the stats of a great coach as he is portrayed to be. They are immensly average stats, and tbe team has been inexusably bad after going out and signing a QB he clearly preferred over any of his alternatives in 2018. Even if you want to include the 2017 year as if it were the real deal from him, their performances against New Orleans and especially Philly in the playoffs verified how overrated that team was. They were a 9-7, maybe 10-6 caliber team, that happened to luck their way into a 13-3 season based on reasons I already explained.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been ready to be rid of coach Tomlin for at least 5 yrs now

That dude lucked his way into a title win the year after inheriting Bill Cowher's team his first year there. Managed to choke the 2010 season Superbowl away to a wildcard 10-6 Packers team that lucked their way into making the playoffs at all after the refs handed them their game against the Vikings in Lambeau that year (shoud've been the Giants holding that 6th seed wildcard spot).

Honestly I was done giving him the benefit of the doubt that time he tried to trip a player on the field by sticking his leg out from the sidelines back in like 2013. That incident alone proved he was more of a WWE wrestler manager material kind of guy than an NFL head coach.