• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy?

Are you happy?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'll get blasted for this, but it seems to me the level of talent in later rounds began to develop when Xanders was brought aboard. Ansah, Suh and Fairley were, IMO, all Schwartz picks. No telling who gets picked those years if it was just up to Mayhew.

I won't bash you... I've said the same thing. Who hired him? That's what I ask, I assume it was Mayhew. So I give MM props for trying to improve on something he was weak at. As in success on later round talent to have a impact.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't quite understand why teams do that to themselves. Let somebody else overpay for what is considered the elite of their position. Outside of QB, it doesn't make much sense to me. You can't have a team of less than replacement value players, but it doesn't make sense to have 3 guys eat 50% of your cap and the rest of the team is below replacement value talent.

It also helps when your QB is Aaron Rodgers. :-)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't bash you... I've said the same thing. Who hired him? That's what I ask, I assume it was Mayhew. So I give MM props for trying to improve on something he was weak at. As in success on later round talent to have a impact.

Did Mayhew hire him or was it Ford Jr?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helps when your QB is Aaron Rodgers. :-)

Yes, it does. However, there isn't a more important position in the sport, so those guys will always be paid. Heck, even the competent QB's get paid plenty, but the truly good QB's deserve to be paid.

You could make an argument that the GM is a pretty important position...but those guys don't have a cap or CBA.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it does. However, there isn't a more important position in the sport, so those guys will always be paid. Heck, even the competent QB's get paid plenty, but the truly good QB's deserve to be paid.

You could make an argument that the GM is a pretty important position...but those guys don't have a cap or CBA.

Do you think Rogers becomes the success he is today if he doesn't slip to the Pack, then mature behind Favre? Is he a superstar today if he was drafted by the Niners instead, and handed 5 new OC's his first few years like Smith was?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone needs to go back and look at what Xanders responsibilities are on the team. Mayhew makes the final decision with everything.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone needs to go back and look at what Xanders responsibilities are on the team. Mayhew makes the final decision with everything.

Of course he does, and he deserves credit for that. But his decisions are based on Xanders system.

That's not to say Mayhew doesn't override a Xanders decision from time to time (Ebron would be a good example IMO).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Rogers becomes the success he is today if he doesn't slip to the Pack, then mature behind Favre? Is he a superstar today if he was drafted by the Niners instead, and handed 5 new OC's his first few years like Smith was?

No, I don't. He changed his mechanics and game almost completely. He was a train wreck in preseason his first year or 2...it was bad. He might have, his mental toughness and determination are solid, so I'm not 100% sure of that. He uses others doubt of him as motivation, but I think not being taken 1st in that draft ultimately helped him. That doesn't really have anything to do with this topic, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't. He changed his mechanics and game almost completely. He was a train wreck in preseason his first year or 2...it was bad. He might have, his mental toughness and determination are solid, so I'm not 100% sure of that. He uses others doubt of him as motivation, but I think not being taken 1st in that draft ultimately helped him. That doesn't really have anything to do with this topic, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I was just curious to get your opinion, being a Packer fan. I tend to agree with you. Jordy Nelson is another guy who had the luxury of sitting behind some greats before becoming great in his own right.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was all McDaniels. One of the reasons Xanders became available. I think Mayhew prob told Xanders to find him a K, so ya.
I know I've said it before..... But.... I'd rather get fired for NOT taking the awful QB than for taking him.

Sometimes in life you need to tell your boss he's a fucking moron. And Xanders hasn't shown me he does that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's something I don't quite understand. While those 2 are fantastic WR's, is there really that much of a gap from them to the next group that is playing for 70% of the money? I understand there are other teams that will pay that, but I don't see the reasoning to play Russian roulette just because others are.
I'd pay Dez crazy money. Imo he's the best receiver in the game. But not Thomas. Gonna be interesting to see how much of his success was just Manning. Real soon.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just curious to get your opinion, being a Packer fan. I tend to agree with you. Jordy Nelson is another guy who had the luxury of sitting behind some greats before becoming great in his own right.

I agree that you need good vets around to show the young guys the ropes, not so much how to play but how to be a pro and approach to the game the entire year. It also shows that you shouldn't be afraid to let guys go if you think the market is overpaying. Jennings was thought of as a top 10 to 15 WR, the Pack didn't see it that way so they let him walk. In this instance, they were right. That's not always the case, but I think you might be better off to err on the side of caution as opposed to overpaying and end up in cap hell.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pay Dez crazy money. Imo he's the best receiver in the game. But not Thomas. Gonna be interesting to see how much of his success was just Manning. Real soon.

Dez running onto fields and getting in the face of officials will come back to haunt him...maybe if he doesn't do that, that drop is a catch. Just sayin.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez running onto fields and getting in the face of officials will come back to haunt him...maybe if he doesn't do that, that drop is a catch. Just sayin.
He's a stupid motherfucker, no doubt about it!

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some kind of trick question?

(No, I'm miserable.)

It is Smitty. I voted no at first then I changed my mind. Trick questions are not good for this STONER :doobs:. Not right now anyways

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you happy?

WhatUpWithThat_3.gif