• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Are they yelling 'boo' or 'boo-urns'?" Arods return propels Yankees to 8-1 loss

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
middlebrooks should have a contract like this

first half of season - $2 million

second half of season - $0 million

didnt even have a good first half of the first half this year

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
danny ainge destroyed a good team. he traded away perkins and got nothing in return. you know the rest.

ainge was looking at the reality of the big picture. If he kept the team together, honestly they were not gonna be any better than 6th in the Eastern Conference and realistically had no shot in the playoffs against any of the 5 better Eastern Conference teams. Also, in sports, you never want to be an expensive, old team that has no shot at a championship. When you reach that point, it's time to rebuild.

Therefore, while not a popular choice, I agree with what Ainge did. He has quite a few draft picks. He will have a great shot at a top pick, in a deep draft after this season. And he can start putting things together to start the next era of great Celtics basketball.

Just my opinion.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you Red Sox fans don't like Middlebrooks, get your team to place him on waivers so the Marlins can grab him up for free.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ainge was looking at the reality of the big picture. If he kept the team together, honestly they were not gonna be any better than 6th in the Eastern Conference and realistically had no shot in the playoffs against any of the 5 better Eastern Conference teams. Also, in sports, you never want to be an expensive, old team that has no shot at a championship. When you reach that point, it's time to rebuild.

Therefore, while not a popular choice, I agree with what Ainge did. He has quite a few draft picks. He will have a great shot at a top pick, in a deep draft after this season. And he can start putting things together to start the next era of great Celtics basketball.

Just my opinion.

smartest thing youve said here since your raft came ashore.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion.

they beat the lakers in that game 7 with Perkins healthy

but after that? not sure they had another title in them

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion.

based on this assesment, the lakers should be cutting ties with kobe right now....?

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you Red Sox fans don't like Middlebrooks, get your team to place him on waivers so the Marlins can grab him up for free.

i like WMB, too soon to give up on him

just cant figure why he isnt starting ahead of brock holt right now

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like WMB, too soon to give up on him

just cant figure why he isnt starting ahead of brock holt right now

because if they promote him, he doesnt get it

WMB comes off to me as an entitled kid who has all the tools and little drive to improve. thats the only thing i can think of, is management knows this and is keeping him there til he figures it out.

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dodgers have a 15 game, road, winning streak, 2 shy of the record set by the NY Giants back in 1916 (before the yankees existed)

they have to pull off 2 more wins in st louis.

i have no idea why this is a stat. a winning "streak" can now be separated by home and away games??

Road games. If you win 15 in a row, that's a streak.

Even if you win 2 in a row, technically, that's also a streak.

But yeah, I agree, I am only thinking 'streak' if it encompasses all games, home or road!

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock, you see this? Howard Bryant

Bryant spends a brief 711 words pontificating about how awful Brady and Belichick are as humans. Here’s a taste:

“[When Hernandez was arrested], Belichick was on vacation. Here was the player he scouted, drafted and rewarded with a $40 million contract being connected to two shootings and three murders, and apparently the coach didn’t think it was important enough to return home.”

“When Brady, general of the red zone, father of three, finally did speak about Hernandez nearly a month later, Bela Lugosi couldn’t have made his first public comments sound more inhuman.”

“In other words, tough break, Odin Whatever-your-name-was, but Tom has game film to watch. He’s moved on. Brady made a teammate’s being charged with a murder while also being linked to a drive-by double murder a year earlier sound no different from overcoming Richard Seymour’s being traded to the Raiders.”

“When the media were done applauding Belichick for doing the least amount possible, it was suggested that the Patriots did not owe the public a response, because it would give the impression that the 
organization was somehow responsible for Hernandez’s alleged crimes. Here’s the truth: The Patriots do owe the public, because they and every other sports team in America take from the public, profit from the public, sell their name to the public.”

“Had Hernandez saved a toddler from drowning instead of allegedly putting a bullet into a friend, the Patriots would have claimed him. The hero machine would have churned, applauding itself for giving the poor kid from the tough background a chance, first to take credit for the sunshine.”

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bryant spends a brief 711 words pontificating about how awful Brady and Belichick are as humans. Here’s a taste:

“[When Hernandez was arrested], Belichick was on vacation. Here was the player he scouted, drafted and rewarded with a $40 million contract being connected to two shootings and three murders, and apparently the coach didn’t think it was important enough to return home.”

“When Brady, general of the red zone, father of three, finally did speak about Hernandez nearly a month later, Bela Lugosi couldn’t have made his first public comments sound more inhuman.”

“In other words, tough break, Odin Whatever-your-name-was, but Tom has game film to watch. He’s moved on. Brady made a teammate’s being charged with a murder while also being linked to a drive-by double murder a year earlier sound no different from overcoming Richard Seymour’s being traded to the Raiders.”

“When the media were done applauding Belichick for doing the least amount possible, it was suggested that the Patriots did not owe the public a response, because it would give the impression that the 
organization was somehow responsible for Hernandez’s alleged crimes. Here’s the truth: The Patriots do owe the public, because they and every other sports team in America take from the public, profit from the public, sell their name to the public.”

“Had Hernandez saved a toddler from drowning instead of allegedly putting a bullet into a friend, the Patriots would have claimed him. The hero machine would have churned, applauding itself for giving the poor kid from the tough background a chance, first to take credit for the sunshine.”

Hammerdown has found his new favorite sportswriter.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

see above

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
page 5:

LOL @ howard "hammer" bryant...

ESPN’s Howard Bryant Trashes Tom Brady, Bill Belichick For Aaron Hernandez Response

By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston

August 6, 2013 10:25 AM

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another sportswriter on drugs besides Howard Bryant.

Y! SPORTS

COMMENTARY | The Boston Celtics' tremendously disappointing 2012-13 campaign can be attributed to key injuries, poor chemistry, and despicable bench play. A team rich in history with 17 championship banners hanging from the rafters should provide more than a one-and-done playoff run with such a high payroll.
Ending the Atlantic Division winning streak hurt to watch, but after an offseason of "rebuilding," rumors of "tanking," and predictions of not making the playoffs, I disagree with the norm. I say they surprise everyone and reclaim the division.
Here's why:
5. Nothing to lose
The world is against you, hoping that trading away your heart and soul will crush what's left of the team and send you off to years of frustrating failure. Celtic pride can't be underestimated; there will be no dumping in order to win the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes. Forward Jared Sullinger sums it up best: "When you have Celtics pride, you really don't have time to rebuild." So they'll go out there for 82 games, play pressure-free basketball, develop chemistry, and polish skills with no expectations whatsoever -- just a giant chip on their shoulders.
On the other hand, the Brooklyn Nets have a small window to seal the deal. The time is now, and the future has been mortgaged. And don't think for one second that these young Celtics will lie down to legends Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett when they come to town. That's the day old friends become enemies. On paper, the Nets have a nice squad, but rookie head coach Jason Kidd will have his hands full adjusting to life on the other side.
4. Carmelo's complicated
Have you ever gone to play ball at the schoolyard, and you're on a team with a guy who never passes? He just shoots and shoots, never passing to anyone at all. He can be triple-teamed in the paint, make eye contact with you, see you're wide open, and still take the bad shot. It's not fun to play with that guy.
That's how I feel about Carmelo Anthony. Some of the New York Knicks' veteran leaders from last season are gone, and I foresee this group imploding before the beginning of March. If you compare Anthony's game to the days when prolific scorers like Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury ruled the NBA, their playoff success was limited. Although Iverson did come close once, neither won a championship, and Marbury only played in 32 career playoff games (14 as a Celtic sub.)
3. He's baaaaack!
Remember the All-Star point guard who gutted out a triple-double performance in double overtime vs. the Atlanta Hawks on a torn ACL? Well, he's back. Rajon Rondo -- the fiery competitor and potential next team captain -- aims to be in the starting lineup come opening night. His play-making ability and basketball IQ couldn't be compensated for last season, especially with no backup PG on the roster and Danny Ainge not picking one up after Rondo went down. That problem has since been corrected with the signing of impressive rookie free agent Phil Pressey.
Rondo's edgy personality, often mistaken for poor attitude, makes him an X-factor. When you put a top five point guard back in the lineup that cares about winning the way he does, anything can happen. He leads by example. Unfortunately, it's true that standing up for a teammate cost him his double-digit assist streak, but if that makes him a headcase then what about the time Larry Bird had his hands around Dr. J's throat? These icons nearly killed each other, and we don't regard them as such.
2. New sheriff in town
Doc's gone. He won a ring in Boston and will always hold a special place in my heart and Celtic history. However, moving forward, I applaud the hiring of Brad Stevens, 36, which allows young to coach the young. With no NBA experience in any capacity, he just may relate to players much better than critics think because of his age and the respectable resume he carries.
With a 166-49 career record at Butler University, Stevens brings a winning culture with him. He set a school record with 30 wins in his first season, taking them to the second round of the tournament. His second season, sans senior players, he still won 26 games. In a six-year span, he set numerous school records and guided a relatively unknown program to back-to-back NCAA title game appearances. Now he will do what everyone thinks he can't and guide this young Boston team to an Atlantic Conference title. All he knows is how to win, and he's got a lot to prove in his new environment.
1. Emergence of Jeff Green
Filling Truth's shoes won't be easy, but small forward Jeff Green is ready to explode. With the recovery from his aortic aneurysm operation fully behind him, Green can pick up where he left off last season -- showing signs of the player that was drafted fifth overall out of Georgetown in 2007. The 43-point performance vs. the Miami Heat and buzzer-beaters vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers and Indiana Pacers prove he can be the go-to guy at the end of the game. He's clutch, which is something that cannot be taught. Also, in the postseason series vs. the Knicks, he stepped up, averaging 43 minutes and 20.3 PPG, up from 27.8 and 12.8 during the regular season.
His athletic ability impresses me the most. Many times I witnessed him aggressively take it to the rim, flying higher than anyone on the court to throw it down for a jam. He brings to the table a respectable perimeter game, plays solid defense, and the physical stature to compete in the post. Starting lineup minutes for a full year playing alongside Rondo in an aggressive running offense will allow Green to blossom -- finally silencing critics who booed the Kendrick Perkins swap. I anticipate a huge first half, complete with a trip to New Orleans for the All-Star game.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on this assesment, the lakers should be cutting ties with kobe right now....?

It's something to consider, especially if Kobe doesn't want to pass the torch over to the next superstar in L.A. They essentially lost D12 because of Kobe. They need to take a hard look at that situation if they plan on grabbing a superstar after this upcoming season or the year after.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y! SPORTS

COMMENTARY | The Boston Celtics' tremendously disappointing 2012-13 campaign can be attributed to key injuries, poor chemistry, and despicable bench play. A team rich in history with 17 championship banners hanging from the rafters should provide more than a one-and-done playoff run with such a high payroll.
Ending the Atlantic Division winning streak hurt to watch, but after an offseason of "rebuilding," rumors of "tanking," and predictions of not making the playoffs, I disagree with the norm. I say they surprise everyone and reclaim the division.
Here's why:
5. Nothing to lose
The world is against you, hoping that trading away your heart and soul will crush what's left of the team and send you off to years of frustrating failure. Celtic pride can't be underestimated; there will be no dumping in order to win the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes. Forward Jared Sullinger sums it up best: "When you have Celtics pride, you really don't have time to rebuild." So they'll go out there for 82 games, play pressure-free basketball, develop chemistry, and polish skills with no expectations whatsoever -- just a giant chip on their shoulders.
On the other hand, the Brooklyn Nets have a small window to seal the deal. The time is now, and the future has been mortgaged. And don't think for one second that these young Celtics will lie down to legends Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett when they come to town. That's the day old friends become enemies. On paper, the Nets have a nice squad, but rookie head coach Jason Kidd will have his hands full adjusting to life on the other side.
4. Carmelo's complicated
Have you ever gone to play ball at the schoolyard, and you're on a team with a guy who never passes? He just shoots and shoots, never passing to anyone at all. He can be triple-teamed in the paint, make eye contact with you, see you're wide open, and still take the bad shot. It's not fun to play with that guy.
That's how I feel about Carmelo Anthony. Some of the New York Knicks' veteran leaders from last season are gone, and I foresee this group imploding before the beginning of March. If you compare Anthony's game to the days when prolific scorers like Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury ruled the NBA, their playoff success was limited. Although Iverson did come close once, neither won a championship, and Marbury only played in 32 career playoff games (14 as a Celtic sub.)
3. He's baaaaack!
Remember the All-Star point guard who gutted out a triple-double performance in double overtime vs. the Atlanta Hawks on a torn ACL? Well, he's back. Rajon Rondo -- the fiery competitor and potential next team captain -- aims to be in the starting lineup come opening night. His play-making ability and basketball IQ couldn't be compensated for last season, especially with no backup PG on the roster and Danny Ainge not picking one up after Rondo went down. That problem has since been corrected with the signing of impressive rookie free agent Phil Pressey.
Rondo's edgy personality, often mistaken for poor attitude, makes him an X-factor. When you put a top five point guard back in the lineup that cares about winning the way he does, anything can happen. He leads by example. Unfortunately, it's true that standing up for a teammate cost him his double-digit assist streak, but if that makes him a headcase then what about the time Larry Bird had his hands around Dr. J's throat? These icons nearly killed each other, and we don't regard them as such.
2. New sheriff in town
Doc's gone. He won a ring in Boston and will always hold a special place in my heart and Celtic history. However, moving forward, I applaud the hiring of Brad Stevens, 36, which allows young to coach the young. With no NBA experience in any capacity, he just may relate to players much better than critics think because of his age and the respectable resume he carries.
With a 166-49 career record at Butler University, Stevens brings a winning culture with him. He set a school record with 30 wins in his first season, taking them to the second round of the tournament. His second season, sans senior players, he still won 26 games. In a six-year span, he set numerous school records and guided a relatively unknown program to back-to-back NCAA title game appearances. Now he will do what everyone thinks he can't and guide this young Boston team to an Atlantic Conference title. All he knows is how to win, and he's got a lot to prove in his new environment.
Filling Truth's shoes won't be easy, but small forward Jeff Green is ready to explode. With the recovery from his aortic aneurysm operation fully behind him, Green can pick up where he left off last season -- showing signs of the player that was drafted fifth overall out of Georgetown in 2007. The 43-point performance vs. the Miami Heat and buzzer-beaters vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers and Indiana Pacers prove he can be the go-to guy at the end of the game. He's clutch, which is something that cannot be taught. Also, in the postseason series vs. the Knicks, he stepped up, averaging 43 minutes and 20.3 PPG, up from 27.8 and 12.8 during the regular season.
His athletic ability impresses me the most. Many times I witnessed him aggressively take it to the rim, flying higher than anyone on the court to throw it down for a jam. He brings to the table a respectable perimeter game, plays solid defense, and the physical stature to compete in the post. Starting lineup minutes for a full year playing alongside Rondo in an aggressive running offense will allow Green to blossom -- finally silencing critics who booed the Kendrick Perkins swap. I anticipate a huge first half, complete with a trip to New Orleans for the All-Star game.

did snoogins write that?

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y! SPORTS

Here's why:
5. Nothing to lose
4. Carmelo's complicated
3. He's baaaaack!
2. New sheriff in town

:wtf2:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i shared a story yesterday about my "doesnt care" drunk friend terry

i emailed him just now : How was your night?

His reply?

Terrible….i dozed off on the way home last night and hit a guardrail

:L

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock, you know I love you, but....

ALCOA presents: YOU Make the call!

On 5 August, 2013, League leading Huwaryu posts the following photo, which is decried as "gay cartoon pron":

frida-kahlo-calvins.jpg

While on 6th August, desperate for a playoff push, Rock Strongo admonishes Hu for posting "pron" and posts this suggestive GIF:

Brian-Fantana-Champ-Kind-Dance-Anchorman.gif

So, YOU make the call! Is Huwaryu's pic more pronographic, or should Rock be penalized 15 yards for excessive hypocrisy?