• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are there teams dumb enough to trade for Vinny?

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing the Flyers are trying to trade Vinny and are willing to eat a good portion of his contract. Are there teams dumb enough to trade for him after seeing him lose 5 steps this last season in comparison to his former self??? I agree that yes he needs to go but who is willing to trade for him and what exactly can we expect in return for a hasbeen???

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team like Buffalo could trade for him because he has cap space, and then flip him elsewhere and take the salary on

It will be tough to move him but not impossible

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are stuck with the guy and are going to eat a great deal of his salary.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are stuck with the guy and are going to eat a great deal of his salary.

:agree:That is what I was afraid of. Will Homer ever stop giving out dumb contracts??? Pronger, Bryz, Ritchie, Carter, Vinny, etc, all of these ridiculous contracts were inked by this baffoon!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we shouldn't have a problem trading Vinny if we don't expect value back

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we shouldn't have a problem trading Vinny if we don't expect value back

This is how I feel - I don't really care about getting anything in return, the most important thing is finding someone who will take the contract - Buffalo could conceivably take the contract for very little and then flip Vinny to a better team and the Sabres can take his salary because they need to get it to the floor

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Vinny has a full NMC so the trade partner has to be a combination of both a team that wants Vinny and a team Vinny is willing to go to. That's probably a very small list, and those teams will know that they have the leverage, not the Flyers. If the Flyers can move him without eating some salary or taking back another bad contract I will be shocked.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:That is what I was afraid of. Will Homer ever stop giving out dumb contracts??? Pronger, Bryz, Ritchie, Carter, Vinny, etc, all of these ridiculous contracts were inked by this baffoon!

Homer isn't the GM anymore so...

And they're not ridiculous contracts (except the bryz one), they're on par with what the market is doing. look around the NHL, long term deals around 5-6 mil are the norm for quality NHL players.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, who are the teams in on Kesler? Those same teams should have some interest in Vinny.

Yeah someone who really needs a 2nd or 3rd line center. Hopefully not the Blackhawks, right?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah someone who really needs a 2nd or 3rd line center. Hopefully not the Blackhawks, right?

Haha!! Yeah, I thought about that. Actually, Vinny played pretty well until he hurt his back. If the Flyers were willing to eat $2 mil/yr of his contract I would be willing to take that gamble...assuming he can pass a physical, of course...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha!! Yeah, I thought about that. Actually, Vinny played pretty well until he hurt his back. If the Flyers were willing to eat $2 mil/yr of his contract I would be willing to take that gamble...assuming he can pass a physical, of course...

this right here is the main point I think. vinny still scored 20 goals, he's not a useless player, he's just overpaid. if the flyers eat some of his salary they could get a lot of value for him. if we take the 2 mil suggested, that's 2.5 mil/year for someone with a cup ring and can provide 20 goals for you. there will be a lot of teams interested in that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea JBM73, getting older with back injuries is problematic because with back injuries, the integrity and stability of moving the upper torso with repsect to the lower body gets compromised and the player just can get any explosion out of his body in a game that requires strength, stability, and explosion. So it is safe to say that window to move Vinny is closing rather quickly. It is going to be interestiing to see how Hextall maneuvers transactions regarding Vinny to obtain the best results for the Flyers.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea JBM73, getting older with back injuries is problematic because with back injuries, the integrity and stability of moving the upper torso with repsect to the lower body gets compromised and the player just can get any explosion out of his body in a game that requires strength, stability, and explosion. So it is safe to say that window to move Vinny is closing rather quickly. It is going to be interestiing to see how Hextall maneuvers transactions regarding Vinny to obtain the best results for the Flyers.

I'm certainly no doctor, but from everything I've read you're right, it definitely sounds like the injury had a negative affect on his skating, and probably did for the rest of the season. Can he come back 100%? Is it an injury that will linger? I guess those are the main questions. If he can truly come back 100% to where he was the first 2 months of the season before the injury, the Flyers might just be better off holding onto him rather than have $1-2 mil of dead cap space the next 4 years. If not you're right, move him now before that window closes permanently.