• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns a Legit Playoff Contender?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer is still no- but they might win 6-7 games looking at the schedule with Mayfield in the lineup. In good shape for next year. Will be a trendy pick if they don't fuck up the HC search.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this. Publicly stunt? Has to be. Not saying it won't work, but I'd think having some coaching experience is key to being Head Coach.
Definitely a political move for higher NFL office. Even if she was qualified, she's what? 65? People shit on Arians going to the Browns for the same reason.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans have the Browns sandwiched in between games against the Titans and the Colts.

That shit has Trap Game written all over it!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans have the Browns sandwiched in between games against the Titans and the Colts.

That shit has Trap Game written all over it!
I actually think that's the game we're most likely to lose of our remaining ones. Watson is just too damn good. Maybe he catches the flu bug the day before. Then we have a good chance.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only took the Browns half a season to get Mayfield and Chubb going. They might make it to .500 but I'm not sure they can overtake the Ravens, Titans, Broncos and Colts.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only took the Browns half a season to get Mayfield and Chubb going. They might make it to .500 but I'm not sure they can overtake the Ravens, Broncos and Colts.
Nah, they dug themselves too deep a hole under Hue.

I actually think that's the game we're most likely to lose of our remaining ones. Watson is just too damn good. Maybe he catches the flu bug the day before. Then we have a good chance.
Watson is good, but that O on the whole is actually pretty ungood, even the overall product is ungood.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, they dug themselves too deep a hole under Hue.
Hue Jackson keeping his job last year has to be one of the weirdest stories of last season. That being said, keeping Hue with Tyrod meant that Taylor was the one that gone thrown under the bus. It led to a fairly speedy transition from the mediocre Tyrod/Carlos Hyde to the exciting Mayfield/Chubb.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only took the Browns half a season to get Mayfield and Chubb going. They might make it to .500 but I'm not sure they can overtake the Ravens, Titans, Broncos and Colts.
You mean it took them canning that dipshit Hue. Had that not happened, we're still sputtering. It's amazing to think what could've happened if they'd have fired him to start the year. Very real chance this team is sitting at the top of the WC standings.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the fault of the coaching more than anything.

It took a Tyrod injury, a Hyde trade, and Dorsey firing Haley and Hue in order for Mayfield and Chubb to excel.

Chubb has been one of the best backs in the league since Hyde was dealt- and Baker has been everything you expect out of a #1 pick.

Weird for the Browns to actually hit on a high draft pick- let alone 3 with Baker, Ward and Chubb.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean it took them canning that dipshit Hue. Had that not happened, we're still sputtering. It's amazing to think what could've happened if they'd have fired him to start the year. Very real chance this team is sitting at the top of the WC standings.
they are a young team--- it does suck - they blew so many opportunities...Saints, Steelers, Raiders, Bucs....one extra win out of those games and they would be in decent shape.

As it is- this looks like they are doing exactly what they needed to this year- take some nice steps forward, develop the young guys, and get rid of Hue.

I would not mind at all if they hired Arians and kept Williams and Kitchen in the coordinator positions.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are a young team--- it does suck - they blew so many opportunities...Saints, Steelers, Raiders, Bucs....one extra win out of those games and they would be in decent shape.

As it is- this looks like they are doing exactly what they needed to this year- take some nice steps forward, develop the young guys, and get rid of Hue.

I would not mind at all if they hired Arians and kept Williams and Kitchen in the coordinator positions.
The only guy I'd like to see more than Arians is Eric Bienemy. He is killing it in KC, and he's obviously a Dorsey guy who knows how to work with this sort of offense. Whomever comes in, I think it's clear they're going to have their OC. Kitchens isn't going anywhere. Williams, I would love for him to be kept as DC, but with the job he's doing now as HC, he may look for a better position elsewhere, and I wouldn't blame him.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future is looking bright for Cleveland. Baker is so far looking like he might not be a bust, which for Cleveland is huge

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the fault of the coaching more than anything.

It took a Tyrod injury, a Hyde trade, and Dorsey firing Haley and Hue in order for Mayfield and Chubb to excel.

Chubb has been one of the best backs in the league since Hyde was dealt- and Baker has been everything you expect out of a #1 pick.

Weird for the Browns to actually hit on a high draft pick- let alone 3 with Baker, Ward and Chubb.
They drafted well. I had a mock draft on this board about 3 weeks before the draft and I had Mayfield and Chubb on my two separate teams.

Tampa Bay Bucs

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick. S/CB. Alabama
2. Nick Chubb. RB. Georgia
4. Da'Shawn Hand. DE. Alabama
5. JC Jackson. CB. Maryland
6. Jaryd Jones-Smith. OT. Pittsburgh
6. Kendrick Norton. DT. Miami (FL)

Miami Dolphins

1. Baker Mayfield. QB. Oklahoma
2. James Daniels. C. Iowa
3. Darius Leonard. LB. South Carolina St.
4. Dalton Schultz. TE. Stanford
4. Kalen Ballage. RB. Arizona St
6. Kahlil McKenzie. DT. Tennessee
7. Skai Moore. OLB. South Carolina
7. Jester Weah. WR. Pittsburgh

There were a lot of analytics sites that were high on Mayfield and Chubb. Way too many people were buying into the 'Browns always draft poorly' but I think people who follow the draft thought they did at least a decent job if not a great job. I personally thought that Denzel Ward was too small to be drafted as high as he was but he was the right pick.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted well. I had a mock draft on this board about 3 weeks before the draft and I had Mayfield and Chubb on my two separate teams.

Tampa Bay Bucs

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick. S/CB. Alabama
2. Nick Chubb. RB. Georgia
4. Da'Shawn Hand. DE. Alabama
5. JC Jackson. CB. Maryland
6. Jaryd Jones-Smith. OT. Pittsburgh
6. Kendrick Norton. DT. Miami (FL)

Miami Dolphins

1. Baker Mayfield. QB. Oklahoma
2. James Daniels. C. Iowa
3. Darius Leonard. LB. South Carolina St.
4. Dalton Schultz. TE. Stanford
4. Kalen Ballage. RB. Arizona St
6. Kahlil McKenzie. DT. Tennessee
7. Skai Moore. OLB. South Carolina
7. Jester Weah. WR. Pittsburgh

There were a lot of analytics sites that were high on Mayfield and Chubb. Way too many people were buying into the 'Browns always draft poorly' but I think people who follow the draft thought they did at least a decent job if not a great job. I personally thought that Denzel Ward was too small to be drafted as high as he was but he was the right pick.

Yep, the difference now in Cleveland is that they have a general manager that can identify Talent.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the difference now in Cleveland is that they have a general manager that can identify Talent.
I always thought he had the eye for offensive skill players but this past year of Chiefs and Browns players exploding on to the scene has shown he is just a damn good GM.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he had the eye for offensive skill players but this past year of Chiefs and Browns players exploding on to the scene has shown he is just a damn good GM.
This Browns rookie class is one of the best rookie classes in the NFL in years. I posted in the NFL Draft thread, we currently have 2 of the top 3 OROY candidates and 1 of the top 3 DROY candidates, and that's not including Genard Avery and Antonio Calloway who have been major contributors.

Not only does Baker not look like a bust, he looks like a guy that's maybe a year away from being elite. Since they fired Hue, he's gone 65/88 (74%) for 771 yards, 9 TD, and 1 INT in 3 games.

If Dorsey keeps drafting well, this is going to be a top team very soon. We still need a LT badly, and the defensive backfield could use some upgrades, but otherwise this team has really taken shape.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Browns rookie class is one of the best rookie classes in the NFL in years. I posted in the NFL Draft thread, we currently have 2 of the top 3 OROY candidates and 1 of the top 3 DROY candidates, and that's not including Genard Avery and Antonio Calloway who have been major contributors.

Not only does Baker not look like a bust, he looks like a guy that's maybe a year away from being elite. Since they fired Hue, he's gone 65/88 (74%) for 771 yards, 9 TD, and 1 INT in 3 games.

If Dorsey keeps drafting well, this is going to be a top team very soon. We still need a LT badly, and the defensive backfield could use some upgrades, but otherwise this team has really taken shape.
Its funny you mention the defensive backfield because footballoutsiders has you guys as the #2 pass defense in the league right now.

Dorsey taking chances on Mayfield and Mahomes will probably put him in history at some point if it works out for both franchises. There is literally no good Big 12 history before them. Its a massive win for believing in the process and not following trends