• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aqib Talib= Game Changer

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D is going to be Special . I was floored last year when it was not ?!?!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Talib - once he made his pic six - the Chiefs tried to pick on Harris instead - that's how good Talib has been this season. There is a pick your poison defensive backfield in Denver this year - the Safety Play - has been for the most part -also excellent.

Talib did not have a pick 6 vs KC though old man! :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D is going to be Special . I was floored last year when it was not ?!?!!

Because we are running a scheme that actually fits our pesonnal now.

It's all about the scheme my friend.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we are running a scheme that actually fits our pesonnal now.

It's all about the scheme my friend.

This to me is where coaching plays such an important role. The problem last year was not talent. I think the Pro Bowl voting showed that our team is one of if not the most talented team in the league. The problem was that all too often our scheme especially against great QB's just failed miserably because our players were not playing to their strengths.

Talib is a great example. He is at his best in the off-man coverage where he can read the QB and run with the receiver if needed. This allows him to be aggressive. It can lead to him getting beat deep if he bites on the double move but with our pass rush right now most QB's don't have time to let a double move develop. Last year though because our pass rush wasn't used to its fullest ability since Del Rio refused to blitz and just went a straight up 4 man rush with no stunts he then especially against good to great QB's would then have us play a lot of off zone coverage with our Corners. It was taking Talib out of what he can do as he can't play as aggressive when in zone since he has to stay in case they flood his zone with more than one guy.

I would also add for Talib that while he doesn't do terrible his strength is not against the quick shifty receivers like we saw with Hilton last year. Harris is much better in that situation because he has some of the quickest feet/hips in the game for the position. It is why he can play the nickel corner at such a high level.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and Yes again

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2