• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

APR Football Scores

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'll answer that for you: We have our shit together.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stated a thing about SAT scores or any such nonsense that you seem to feel i was talking about. I stated things about the accreditation issues of the University system and the fact a ruling body issues a certificate of accreditation to each University stating they have reviewed the curriculum and found it to meet their guidelines for said accreditation.

And just because a football players average SAT is lower does not mean they are not getting a quality education at the University once they get there, it just means they are having to put in extra time studying or getting tutoring to improve their ability to learn the material. You clearly are mistaking a persons SAT(I hate testing and that was one I found completely useless) scores with the quality of education they are getting once they get into a school. Yes football players might not otherwise be allowed to attend a University if they were not just that, but does that deny they have the ability to adapt and overcome once they are there? That is the real question and one i am sure you will find a news article that has the answer for me.

No it means that universities do not hold athletes and students to the same standard. If they bend standards to get them in, dont you think it is possible they guide them to the path of least resistance? I actually fidn it funny you dont think this happens. One of the more naive stances I have ever seen on the internet.

Of course they can overcome. You can become President. Lots of things can happen.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke #1 followed by Northwestern. No surprise there. Now Boise at #3 on the other hand........

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke #1 followed by Northwestern. No surprise there. Now Boise at #3 on the other hand........
Actually, you guys are tied for fourth. That's still really impressive.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it means that universities do not hold athletes and students to the same standard. If they bend standards to get them in, dont you think it is possible they guide them to the path of least resistance? I actually fidn it funny you dont think this happens. One of the more naive stances I have ever seen on the internet.

Of course they can overcome. You can become President. Lots of things can happen.

No you're right, I just dont believe it happens as often as you would like to think it does. What you dont see is that kids now days have electronic files and these files are cumulative over their scholastic careers and these files get audited randomly by Accreditation officers from time to time to ensure the students are actively following the criteria set forth and meeting the requirements held by the University to meet the accreditation. I take classes occasionally for continuing education on subjects for my field and i can definitely tell you recent changes make it hard for Universities no matter how small or large to get around this random audit. This negates the possibility of what you claim is happening on a large scale as they would be in jeopardy of losing said accreditation or being censured by the accrediting agency.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're right, I just dont believe it happens as often as you would like to think it does. What you dont see is that kids now days have electronic files and these files are cumulative over their scholastic careers and these files get audited randomly by Accreditation officers from time to time to ensure the students are actively following the criteria set forth and meeting the requirements held by the University to meet the accreditation. I take classes occasionally for continuing education on subjects for my field and i can definitely tell you recent changes make it hard for Universities no matter how small or large to get around this random audit. This negates the possibility of what you claim is happening on a large scale as they would be in jeopardy of losing said accreditation or being censured by the accrediting agency.

If you believe that all degrees are equal than that is your prerogative.

Sooners featured in HBO documentary on academics, 'football degree' - Tulsa World: OU Sports

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Young was steered to Applied Learning and Development. A lot of Texas athlete-students seem to be steered towards this major

From UT Handbook

Just need a UT GPA of 2.0 to enter it

Examples of career options include directing youth programs at the YMCA, Parks and Recreation Departments, daycare centers, after-school programs, and government agencies related to childcare.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Young was steered to Applied Learning and Development. A lot of Texas athlete-students seem to be steered towards this major

From UT Handbook

Just need a UT GPA of 2.0 to enter it

Examples of career options include directing youth programs at the YMCA, Parks and Recreation Departments, daycare centers, after-school programs, and government agencies related to childcare.

Those sound like jobs the inner city needs badly. It's an offset to the gangs, guns, drugs, alcohol, teen pregnancies, school truancies and drop-out numbers. i.e. Neighborhood cancer for our next generation.
Those are necessary jobs in an environment that needs to show young people that an education can provide a path to a better life. A reason to try. I'm all for educating kids that come from impoverished environments on how the world can be if they stay out of trouble and apply themselves. Being able to work a trig formula has little to do with what they can provide in uplift. Father Flanagan had that concept decades ago. If even 10% of those young men (who get those degrees) go back to their communities and be positive influences that's win-win. They can instill a sense of pride.

People put to much attention on the Vince Young or even Peyton Manning star guys that get the media attention. "You make $millions, therefore you can solve problems. They overlook that there are 15 other 'regular guy' influences going back into the real world to do real jobs. Some even become managers. A lot of them live in middle class communities because the neighborhoods are modern and safer for their own kids. Good on them for recognizing a decent community holds it's members accountable.
However, a few go back to the inner city to do those jobs you mention. They can make a difference.
If the NCAA does anything positive. That's it. They are a ladder to the beacon on the hill that is America.

Signed,
A student of Ronald Reagan

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: I'm upper middle class and my boy plays winter and spring basketball in the YMCA. I volunteer to keep official score for them and interact with the folks that run the place as well as the refs. My observation is that they are fair, know how important it is to keep young people busy, and give them a sense of pride.
How is that a bad thing?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys acting like your school is better academically than another because of these scores ... the requirements to get in and stay in for athletes doesn't reflect anything about the university as a whole. Do you really think the Duke, Vandy, NW, Stanford students take the same class loads as the general student population? Don't get me wrong ... at those schools, their classes will be tougher, but even those schools have easier classes they can take.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys acting like your school is better academically than another because of these scores ... the requirements to get in and stay in for athletes doesn't reflect anything about the university as a whole. Do you really think the Duke, Vandy, NW, Stanford students take the same class loads as the general student population? Don't get me wrong ... at those schools, their classes will be tougher, but even those schools have easier classes they can take.

Someone gets its

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the title of the article being How Did Your School Do Among This Year's APR Scores In Football?

It wasn't How Did Your School Do Academically As A Whole.

LawDawg and Codaxx are a couple of fucking geniuses for figuring this out all on their own. LMAO!!!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the title of the article being How Did Your School Do Among This Year's APR Scores In Football?

It wasn't How Did Your School Do Academically As A Whole.

LawDawg and Codaxx are a couple of fucking geniuses for figuring this out all on their own. LMAO!!!

I am guessing your parents did not hug you much as a child

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke has won 13 National Titles in Athletics. The same amount as FSU. I guess FSU "ain't winning shit either".

Brother this is a FOOTBALL thread. Not Lacrosse, Water Polo, or Basketball. :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing your parents did not hug you much as a child

It was truly an act of brilliance that LawDawg and you could figure out 'all on your own' that the APR scores related to football and not the university as a whole. :clap:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was truly an act of brilliance that LawDawg and you could figure out 'all on your own' that the APR scores related to football and not the university as a whole. :clap:

The whole pt was is does not tell you the quality of education in any manner. Even related to the education offered at that particular school

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole pt was is does not tell you the quality of education in any manner. Even related to the education offered at that particular school

Yes. The rest of us understood that right away based upon the word "Football" being in both the title of the thread and the title of the article.

Welcome aboard.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th in their own conference of 10 teams (>50%) and 80th overall in FBS.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

wait for it. "yeah but we can beat nebraska in football"

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The rest of us understood that right away based upon the word "Football" being in both the title of the thread and the title of the article.

Welcome aboard.

If you read the thread, you may come to a different conclusion.