• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Applewhite just got canned

Diving Tider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez they didn't even give Applewhite a chance to get his own recruits in & developed. I think it's a shitty move to hire a new head coach, then expect him to win with the previous head coach's (whom you fired) recruits. Hell in Saban's first year we went 7-6. Under Houston's logic we should have fired him immediately. Gotta give the guy a chance.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez they didn't even give Applewhite a chance to get his own recruits in & developed. I think it's a shitty move to hire a new head coach, then expect him to win with the previous head coach's (whom you fired) recruits. Hell in Saban's first year we went 7-6. Under Houston's logic we should have fired him immediately. Gotta give the guy a chance.

Actually no, they gave Applewhite two years. In sabans second year y’all won like 12 games. So no he wouldn’t have been fired. None of that makes Houston’s expectations any less ridiculous though.

Diving Tider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no, they gave Applewhite two years. In sabans second year y’all won like 12 games. So no he wouldn’t have been fired. None of that makes Houston’s expectations any less ridiculous though.

That's true that they gave Applewhite two years. But he was still working with the previous head coach's recruits. New head coaches should be given at least four years to be able to build their program & develop their recruits into players. But in today's society of instant gratification it's all about winning every game & playing for a national championship every year. It's just not possible.

And yes, I know I'm an Alabama fan & most Bama fans have ridiculous expectations to win a national championship every year. I'm not that delusional. I remember the years of Dubose, Franchione, Price, & Shula. We are blessed to be riding a winning streak, but like all streaks it will come to an end at some point. Hopefully no time soon though! :dhd:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5
8-5

and they fired the guy.

th

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true that they gave Applewhite two years. But he was still working with the previous head coach's recruits. New head coaches should be given at least four years to be able to build their program & develop their recruits into players. But in today's society of instant gratification it's all about winning every game & playing for a national championship every year. It's just not possible.

And yes, I know I'm an Alabama fan & most Bama fans have ridiculous expectations to win a national championship every year. I'm not that delusional. I remember the years of Dubose, Franchione, Price, & Shula. We are blessed to be riding a winning streak, but like all streaks it will come to an end at some point. Hopefully no time soon though! :dhd:

I agree it was ridiculous for Houston to fire applewhite and the expectations of them winning 10 games. I can almost garuntee Holgorsen won’t do that in his first two years. Shit he didn’t even do that with a Big East schedule and a decent roster.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On one hand the previous coach did leave him some really good players.

I know the bowl loss was an utter embarrassment but it really wasn't fair to fire him when they got hit with some injuries to their star players.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he told the wrong guy he couldn't wear a jacket.