• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Voter Jon Wilner moves LSU from #16 to #1

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm an aggie, but I can count to 4 or 5. Take another look and tell me who the 5th SEC team is, please.

honest fat finger

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest fat finger

damn your fat fingers. I read the top 6 at least a dozen times, counting on my fingers and leaving smudge marks on my screen.

Thank god you didn't reference the top 11, or I'd be in the HR office right now trying to explain how that happened!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While not ranking for several games might seem logical, it doesn't create buzz or clicks or anything that makes money. So rankings will always exist, and will exist too early.

So, you go on what you see. If a team lost but played really well, that might tell you more than someone playing a FBS team and winning by 75 points.

Not really. Spread teams tend to give Saban fits. OU killed Bama last year. WVU gave them a helluva game. I think Baylor would put up 40+ on them.

That doens't make WVU all of a sudden a top tier team. It says more about Bama, and their recent history against that type of offense. What speaks to WVU is the fact they've still managed to lose more than win in the Big 12. Until they win over teams in conference a one-off game means very little.

I understand why rankings exist......that doesn't mean I have to agree with them, or the nonsensical, illogical and irrational order this particular voter placed teams.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to topic.

LSU IS #1.

:yes:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 at sucking penis!

triumph_insult_comic_dog_soccer.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. I've said it over and over. People always talk about how rankings should do this and rankings should be based on that.

But when someone actually does that kind of thing, everyone goes nuts because at the end of the day, while you bitch and moan you actually want to see the rankings you get every week and any deviations from that brings about complaints.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brah huh?

:pound:

honk.gif

The SEC's two best last year got handled in bowl games.

But we digress, it's 2014. Any assumption that any conference is better than another is sophomoric and lazy, especially at this early stage of the season.

But honk away Honky Honkerton. Honk, honk, honk.

Getting 5 turnovers in a game from a team that only had 12 other turnovers the entire season will win you a ball game. But it's not going to win you a ton of support beyond that.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. I've said it over and over. People always talk about how rankings should do this and rankings should be based on that.

But when someone actually does that kind of thing, everyone goes nuts because at the end of the day, while you bitch and moan you actually want to see the rankings you get every week and any deviations from that brings about complaints.

I'm on board with this approach. It appears like he only took this approach with a select group of teams, though. I don't agree that LSU was the most impressive team in the country. If Melvin Gordon didn't get hurt, they very easily would have lost the game. A guy on the opposite team getting hurt does not make LSU better, nor should they jump all the way to #1 in the polls for that reason.

I also don't agree with boosting teams after a 'close loss' to a team that is ranked highly just as subjectively early in the season as why the losing team was not ranked.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 5 turnovers in a game from a team that only had 12 other turnovers the entire season will win you a ball game. But it's not going to win you a ton of support beyond that.

You'll hold onto that 1 game like a fat girl holds onto a 1 night stand won't you?

But I thought we had something special!!!!!

:pound::pound::pound:

Fuck a support.

Got ur hide tacked up on the wall...good enough for me.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I wants LAWJICK in my polls!"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound:

Fuck a support.

Got ur hide tacked up on the wall...good enough for me.

Welcome to the new season, you had your 8 months of joy and now you gotta find a way to do it again. Oklahoma got a nice bump in the preseason from the bowl game, don't know why you are crying about it.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the new season, you had your 8 months of joy and now you gotta find a way to do it again. Oklahoma got a nice bump in the preseason from the bowl game, don't know why you are crying about it.

Oh I'm not crying about anything to do with OU.

Stalk the rest of my posts and catch up why don't ya?

Dixie.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A&M had a good win too but come on man is this the AP poll or the SEC poll. Coaches poll has much more credibility in my mind. These knee jerks off of one win is ridiculous. How do we know USCe is any good. Not to bag on Aggie but you may have beat a good team or a cupcake. We just don't know yet.

You're right, we don't know yet. It's completely subjective right now. So, why get spun up about the unconventional way that one voter organized his ballot? This is truly a one week only reflection and discards preseason hype. As someone already said, it's refreshing but there are definitely some tough to defend rankings.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilner is just doing what Wilner does. He's always been sketchy. A few years back he went on a twitter rampage against Todd Graham because everyone else was doing it and he wanted in.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M had a good win too but come on man is this the AP poll or the SEC poll. Coaches poll has much more credibility in my mind. These knee jerks off of one win is ridiculous.
Agreed. It takes two weeks for knee-jerks to have any meaning. That's why I put Eastern Washington at #1. The Eagles are the only team in division I with two wins, and the only team with a win over a team that has won a game.

Suck it, FBS!