• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 - Week 8

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if LSU is the #2 team in the nation but they beat the Gaytors and Longhorns so those are the best wins so far out of any team in the nation.
When they beat Auburn it will help them as well, even though Auburn isn't a top 25 team.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if LSU is the #2 team in the nation but they beat the Gaytors and Longhorns so those are the best wins so far out of any team in the nation.
When they beat Auburn it will help them as well, even though Auburn isn't a top 25 team.
Who cares about that?

The REAL question is whether Auburn could beat Cincinnati.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should any 2-loss team be ranked in Top 20? Should 3 be in Top 25?

Texas lost to two Top 5 teams, but their biggest win is against Louisiana Tech, who received 1 vote.

Iowa lost to Michigan and Penn State, but their biggest win is against unranked Iowa State

Washington lost to unranked Cal and Stanford with no wins vs Top 25.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought I would defend an SEC team. But ever since the early 90's when ND beat Florida State and both ended up with one loss , I have wondered why "head to head" is not given the weight it should. Florida State was named National Champion.
Georgia should be ahead of ND until is loses a second time.
Baylor and Minnesota are still the sleepers. As it stands, according to the latest polls, ND will rank #5 if they win out , as at least 3 of teams in front of them will lose at least one game (excluding the aforementioned Baylor and Minnesota).

If Clemson or Ohio State loses watch for the SEC bias to enter: LSU beats Alabama: Georgia or Florida beats LSU in the SEC championship. Will all three be in the playoff? That would leave out a 1 loss or even an undefeated champion from the 3 of the remaining Power 5 Conferences. And of course in that scenario, all of the SEC teams will have one of their 12 wins over an FCS team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought I would defend an SEC team. But ever since the early 90's when ND beat Florida State and both ended up with one loss , I have wondered why "head to head" is not given the weight it should. Florida State was named National Champion.
Baylor and Minnesota are still the sleepers. As it stands, according to the latest polls, ND will rank #5 if they win out , as at least 3 of teams in front of them will lose at least one game (excluding the aforementioned Baylor and Minnesota).

If Clemson or Ohio State loses watch for the SEC bias to enter: LSU beats Alabama: Georgia or Florida beats LSU in the SEC championship. Will all three be in the playoff? That would leave out a 1 loss or even an undefeated champion from the 3 of the remaining Power 5 Conferences. And of course in that scenario, all of the SEC teams will have one of their 12 wins over an FCS team.

3 SEC teams will not get in. If LSU were to beat Bama and go undefeated until the SEC Championship...the only top 25 win for Bama would be Auburn (if they are still ranked by that time). Their best win would be Auburn or Texas A&M AND they wouldn't play a SEC title game. Unless chaos happens around them, I don't see that happening. Two teams is very possible again, but three teams would be nearly impossible.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But when you are a top 5 team and lose to a team that is unranked after losing to them should have a lot of weight too.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should any 2-loss team be ranked in Top 20? Should 3 be in Top 25?

Texas lost to two Top 5 teams, but their biggest win is against Louisiana Tech, who received 1 vote.

Iowa lost to Michigan and Penn State, but their biggest win is against unranked Iowa State

Washington lost to unranked Cal and Stanford with no wins vs Top 25.

Once you get to the bottom of the top 25 you are debating between unremarkable teams, regardless of how many losses.
It’s like a beauty contest with Roseanne, Rosie O’Donnell, and Angela Merkel.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU demolishes a top 25 team and drops in the AP. :pound:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Wouldn’t surprise me they’ll make a run at CFP. Really surprised LSU’s win over a mediocre Florida allowed them to jump over tOSU when we shutout the Bearcats. These polls are crap.

How's that LSU ass taste?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU demolishes a top 25 team and drops in the AP. :pound:

Wait, what? Ohio State played a top 25 team 2 days ago? Dammit I missed the game. Who did they play & how much did they win by? :heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Oklahoma learned that the last time they played Florida. :thumb:

Gaytors love to live in the past...it's all they got lolzz

Congrats on that one win in a one game lifetime series

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Oklahoma learned that the last time they played Florida. :thumb:
"When the past is all you have, the future just isn't what it used to be." - tnapucco

If you guise could make it back to a "major" bowl, maybe we could get even?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"When the past is all you have, the future just isn't what it used to be." - tnapucco

If you guise could make it back to a "major" bowl, maybe we could get even?

Dan Mullen is too busy stuffing corndogs down his throat...Mullen is so overrated. He chokes down the stretch of big games with his playcalling. Florida will realize this soon enough.